The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN-EDM

Regardless of him being "injury prone" or not, teams don't just give up 1st overall picks at age 20. I think the earliest I'm aware of in the modern era is Erik Johnson at age 23, which was after he missed an entire year due to a golf cart accident.

Hall is injury prone and gets hit way way too much, if he keeps playing this way he will have a short career. You want to break the bank for him? Eberly is the jewel on that team and would be worth much more than Hall. Some of the proposals on here for one of these vaunted Coil prospects is just mind boggling.

Hall only add's to our depth (he would be behind Danny at LW), I don't understand trades that do not go to the heart of our needs?

I know what you are saying but lots of people on this board value other teams assets way too high and treat the Canucks players like plugs. You dont win 2 Prez trophys and make it to the 7th game of the finals with smoke and mirrors. Most pundits and experts say the Canucks are one of the most skilled and deep teams in the league and only need a little grit to get them to the promised land. 2-3 years still left in this window before you rebuild, Hall would be nice but not worth the price of Schneids. Keep Edmonton under your boot heel where they belong.

I don't actually believe you're a Habs fan. I've seen you offer up Price in ridiculous trade proposals more times than I care to remember. You obviously hate the guy. But let's say Montreal makes that trade. You've just traded away their top goalie and are left with Budaj and no one in the minors that is NHL quality. On top of that you've traded away on of their top young gun defencemen. You've essentially guaranteed them several more bottom 5 finishes. Congrats

@eretz

Yes, his deal is terrible, but Hall is on par with Eberle and RNH...and how can you say that Yakupov is better than him when Yak has yet to play a game in the NHL?

If you've actually watched an Oilers game, you would also see that Hall is their most dynamic player. He is by far their fastest, has a deadly shot, and has crafty hands. He also isn't afraid to get engaged physically, which is why he has been injured so much in his first two years. Remember how he got injured the first time? Fighting. Once Hall fills out his body, the injuries will be less frequent.

Fact is, Hall was on pace for 37 goals last year and 72 points. He will be a consistent 30+ (multiple 40's and a few 50's) goal scorer and a PPG player.

Again, I'm not defending palindrom, but to say Hall is "less skilled" than his linemates and an 18 year old Russian rookie who has yet to play is a bit absurd.

Budaj have 3 season experience as a starter and i seriously think that Desjardins deserve a shoot in the NHL. If it doesnt work, i really dont think it would be a problem to find a starter. And i dont mind being a bottom 5 this year since even with Price and Subban we would be anyway!

Obviously its a downgrade over Price, even if statistically Budaj was close to Price last year. But i sincerely think that the asset we could get for Price + investing more wisely the 6 500 000$ salary of Price could benefit montreal in the long term.

Budaj have 3 season experience as a starter and i seriously think that Desjardins deserve a shoot in the NHL. If it doesnt work, i really dont think it would be a problem to find a starter. And i dont mind being a bottom 5 this year since even with Price and Subban we would be anyway!

Obviously its a downgrade over Price, even if statistically Budaj was close to Price last year. But i sincerely think that the asset we could get for Price + investing more wisely the 6 500 000$ salary of Price could benefit montreal in the long term.

Why do you love Hall do much?

You cannot value players for being on pace to score points, you can only value players for what they do. Why? Well there are reasons players to reach those point totals. In Hall's case, it us that he is injury prone. Add that to the fact that he is gonna make 6 mil and I would say he is the most tradable of the bunch. Who cares how "dynamic" a player is if that style gets them injured.

All he has managed to do is score 53 points in a season which is really great, but he also showed how awesome he is at getting injured, especially towards the end of the season

@eretz

Yes, his deal is terrible, but Hall is on par with Eberle and RNH...and how can you say that Yakupov is better than him when Yak has yet to play a game in the NHL?

If you've actually watched an Oilers game, you would also see that Hall is their most dynamic player. He is by far their fastest, has a deadly shot, and has crafty hands. He also isn't afraid to get engaged physically, which is why he has been injured so much in his first two years. Remember how he got injured the first time? Fighting. Once Hall fills out his body, the injuries will be less frequent.

Fact is, Hall was on pace for 37 goals last year and 72 points. He will be a consistent 30+ (multiple 40's and a few 50's) goal scorer and a PPG player.

Again, I'm not defending palindrom, but to say Hall is "less skilled" than his linemates and an 18 year old Russian rookie who has yet to play is a bit absurd.

You cannot value players for being on pace to score points, you can only value players for what they do. Why? Well there are reasons players to reach those point totals. In Hall's case, it us that he is injury prone. Add that to the fact that he is gonna make 6 mil and I would say he is the most tradable of the bunch. Who cares how "dynamic" a player is if that style gets them injured.

All he has managed to do is score 53 points in a season which is really great, but he also showed how awesome he is at getting injured, especially towards the end of the season

@eretz

By that logic, isn't RNH the most tradable? He "only" put up 52 points last year. And he's only making $3.775m for the next few years. A dynamic player is an impact player, a gamechanger, and when you have one of those in your lineup, he can be the difference between losing and winning a game. Also, you haven't answered my question yet. What makes Yakupov a better player than Hall? He has not even played an NHL game yet!

Archived