Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Counter offer from a habs fans:

Price
Subban
2013 2th

for

Hall
MPS

I don't want to sound rude but that offer is garbage.

Bergevin would get fired. Hall is the least talented out of their young star forwards, RNH, Yakubov, eberle are all superior.

You just traded away MTLs franchise

#32 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

I don't actually believe you're a Habs fan. I've seen you offer up Price in ridiculous trade proposals more times than I care to remember. You obviously hate the guy. But let's say Montreal makes that trade. You've just traded away their top goalie and are left with Budaj and no one in the minors that is NHL quality. On top of that you've traded away on of their top young gun defencemen. You've essentially guaranteed them several more bottom 5 finishes. Congrats

Budaj have 3 season experience as a starter and i seriously think that Desjardins deserve a shoot in the NHL. If it doesnt work, i really dont think it would be a problem to find a starter. And i dont mind being a bottom 5 this year since even with Price and Subban we would be anyway!

Obviously its a downgrade over Price, even if statistically Budaj was close to Price last year. But i sincerely think that the asset we could get for Price + investing more wisely the 6 500 000$ salary of Price could benefit montreal in the long term.
Posted Image Was too much for me!

Instead im reading English grammar for advanced dummies

#33 Hamhuis2

Hamhuis2

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

@eretz

Yes, his deal is terrible, but Hall is on par with Eberle and RNH...and how can you say that Yakupov is better than him when Yak has yet to play a game in the NHL?

If you've actually watched an Oilers game, you would also see that Hall is their most dynamic player. He is by far their fastest, has a deadly shot, and has crafty hands. He also isn't afraid to get engaged physically, which is why he has been injured so much in his first two years. Remember how he got injured the first time? Fighting. Once Hall fills out his body, the injuries will be less frequent.

Fact is, Hall was on pace for 37 goals last year and 72 points. He will be a consistent 30+ (multiple 40's and a few 50's) goal scorer and a PPG player.

Again, I'm not defending palindrom, but to say Hall is "less skilled" than his linemates and an 18 year old Russian rookie who has yet to play is a bit absurd.

Edited by Hamhuis2, 24 November 2012 - 06:15 PM.

Chicago Blackhawks NHL 14 OCDC League 2013/2014

J. Schultz(81)-Toews(92)-Pacioretty(88)....Keith(90)-Phaneuf(87)................Crawford(86)
Burns(87)-Kadri(85)-Yakupov(83)..............Hjalmarson(85)-N. Schultz(84)....Khabby(76)
Clarkson(83)-Zibanejad(80)-Ennis(82).......Koska(78)-Murray(83)
Kobasew(78)-Hanszus(79)-Morin(76)

#34 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,827 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Budaj have 3 season experience as a starter and i seriously think that Desjardins deserve a shoot in the NHL. If it doesnt work, i really dont think it would be a problem to find a starter. And i dont mind being a bottom 5 this year since even with Price and Subban we would be anyway!

Obviously its a downgrade over Price, even if statistically Budaj was close to Price last year. But i sincerely think that the asset we could get for Price + investing more wisely the 6 500 000$ salary of Price could benefit montreal in the long term.

Dude, can it. You're embarrasing Montreal's fanbase including myself with the Habs being my 2nd favourite team with these stupid proposals for Price.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#35 qwijibo

qwijibo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Budaj is barely acceptable as a backup. Let alone a starter. Bottom line is you've traded away one of the best goalies in the league and a young top pairing defenceman who will only get better as he matures. Those things are much harder to replace and much more important than what Hall brings to the table. You've gutted the franchise. It makes me wonder if you even watch hockey

#36 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Why do you love Hall do much?
You cannot value players for being on pace to score points, you can only value players for what they do. Why? Well there are reasons players to reach those point totals. In Hall's case, it us that he is injury prone. Add that to the fact that he is gonna make 6 mil and I would say he is the most tradable of the bunch. Who cares how "dynamic" a player is if that style gets them injured.
All he has managed to do is score 53 points in a season which is really great, but he also showed how awesome he is at getting injured, especially towards the end of the season

@eretz

Yes, his deal is terrible, but Hall is on par with Eberle and RNH...and how can you say that Yakupov is better than him when Yak has yet to play a game in the NHL?

If you've actually watched an Oilers game, you would also see that Hall is their most dynamic player. He is by far their fastest, has a deadly shot, and has crafty hands. He also isn't afraid to get engaged physically, which is why he has been injured so much in his first two years. Remember how he got injured the first time? Fighting. Once Hall fills out his body, the injuries will be less frequent.

Fact is, Hall was on pace for 37 goals last year and 72 points. He will be a consistent 30+ (multiple 40's and a few 50's) goal scorer and a PPG player.

Again, I'm not defending palindrom, but to say Hall is "less skilled" than his linemates and an 18 year old Russian rookie who has yet to play is a bit absurd.

#37 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

You cannot value players for being on pace to score points, you can only value players for what they do. Why? Well there are reasons players to reach those point totals. In Hall's case, it us that he is injury prone. Add that to the fact that he is gonna make 6 mil and I would say he is the most tradable of the bunch. Who cares how "dynamic" a player is if that style gets them injured.
All he has managed to do is score 53 points in a season which is really great, but he also showed how awesome he is at getting injured, especially towards the end of the season

@eretz

#38 FullMetalOilDrum

FullMetalOilDrum

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Fair you say? Not even close...
Respect my favorite team, and I will respect yours.

#39 Hamhuis2

Hamhuis2

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

By that logic, isn't RNH the most tradable? He "only" put up 52 points last year. And he's only making $3.775m for the next few years. A dynamic player is an impact player, a gamechanger, and when you have one of those in your lineup, he can be the difference between losing and winning a game. Also, you haven't answered my question yet. What makes Yakupov a better player than Hall? He has not even played an NHL game yet!
Chicago Blackhawks NHL 14 OCDC League 2013/2014

J. Schultz(81)-Toews(92)-Pacioretty(88)....Keith(90)-Phaneuf(87)................Crawford(86)
Burns(87)-Kadri(85)-Yakupov(83)..............Hjalmarson(85)-N. Schultz(84)....Khabby(76)
Clarkson(83)-Zibanejad(80)-Ennis(82).......Koska(78)-Murray(83)
Kobasew(78)-Hanszus(79)-Morin(76)

#40 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

By that logic, isn't RNH the most tradable? He "only" put up 52 points last year. And he's only making $3.775m for the next few years. A dynamic player is an impact player, a gamechanger, and when you have one of those in your lineup, he can be the difference between losing and winning a game. Also, you haven't answered my question yet. What makes Yakupov a better player than Hall? He has not even played an NHL game yet!

i will not answer your question but Playing an NHL game is not a requirement to be a better player than another.

Having no NHL experience doesn't mean a player is inferior to another with NHL experience. Lack of skill/hockey sense make a player inferior.

Correlation does not imply causation, thinking otherwise is a logic falacy

Edited by palindrom, 25 November 2012 - 07:26 PM.

Posted Image Was too much for me!

Instead im reading English grammar for advanced dummies

#41 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

I see where you are coming from, but Hall at 6m will hurt EDM down the road. They have great young forwards, but nothing else. Their secOndary scoring is non existent so is their goaltending.
Hall is not going to be an all world player, he has less potential than RNH, eberle and yakupov. The oilers still have Gagner and we give them a first round pick, a chance to grab someone like Jensen.

Luongo immediately makes them better and gives them top 5 goaltending in the western conference

I hate this, so so so much!
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#42 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

i will not answer your question but Playing an NHL game is not a requirement to be a better player than another.

Having no NHL experience doesn't mean a player is inferior to another with NHL experience. Lack of skill/hockey sense make a player inferior.

Correlation does not imply causation, thinking otherwise is a logic falacy

This too.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#43 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

I hate this, so so so much!

Is it your time of the month?

#44 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Is it your time of the month?

If you're meaning time of the month to be a reference to a female's menstrual cycle, then it is not my time of the month. In fact, I am quite certain I can not experience menstrual symptoms ie. period, ovulation, behavioural changes etc., because I am not a female. Good try though.

Actually, I am merely voicing my displeasure over your clear lack of hockey knowledge, and your silly trade proposal(s). Be it value of a player or just general knowledge. The fact you are even able to type full sentences is a mystery to me, but hey, what do I know, I'm just a guy on his period.... :rolleyes:
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#45 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

see where you are coming from, but Hall at 6m will hurt EDM down the road. They have great young forwards, but nothing else. Their secOndary scoring is non existent so is their goaltending.
Hall is not going to be an all world player, he has less potential than RNH, eberle and yakupov. The oilers still have Gagner and we give them a first round pick, a chance to grab someone like Jensen.

Luongo immediately makes them better and gives them top 5 goaltending in the western conference

Hall is one of the most talented young forwards in the NHL. If he didn't get injured last year he was on pace for 37 goals and 72 points, at 20 years old. Even so he had 27 goals and 26 assists in 61 games. That's pretty dang good. He has huge potential to become an all star player and I believe we will see him fulfill that potential.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#46 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

If Luongo has to go to a division rival like EDM, I would certainly want them to have to overpay to get the deal done. It would guarantee them a playoff spot, and they'd have a legit goalie. If anyone though, go for Eberle, he's a clutch machine
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#47 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,827 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

If Luongo has to go to a division rival like EDM, I would certainly want them to have to overpay to get the deal done. It would guarantee them a playoff spot, and they'd have a legit goalie. If anyone though, go for Eberle, he's a clutch machine

I don't think, actually I doubt Edmonton would even consider trading Eberle for Luongo. They may if Schneider was offered instead of Lu.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#48 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

This.. make the coil pay or keep them under the boot heel.

#49 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Schneider, Higgins and two firsts?

Fair? Debatable, but perhaps... Still;

If we are going to bust out and invest so ridiculously heavily, why would we trade for another left winger? And not even one who solves match up problems for us. You think AV is going to give him minutes over Daniel? Play him with Kesler to shut down Corey Perry???

I believe he is a brilliant talent, but not at all what we need!

Fixed

#50 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,817 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Fixed

That deal sucks for us.

Plus I think the Oilers are fairly content with their tending so they have little incentive to go out and look for one. Dubnyk's numbers weren't bad for a team that was dead last in the league.
Posted Image

#51 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Dude, can it. You're embarrasing Montreal's fanbase including myself with the Habs being my 2nd favourite team with these stupid proposals for Price.

This. I'm a Habs fan myself.
I wouldn't even do Price alone for Hall and MPS...
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.