The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Braces

UMB

Just got braces

Someone tell me what to do, it's so frustrating my teeth are getting pushed together and I can already feel the teeth being sore and its wiggling and crap and it hurts like hell and its only my first day appearently the second day is the worst and I'm not prepared for that but what can I do for now my mouth feels like theres some crap poking me and extra weight and my teeth feel like someone's taken pliers and pushed them together and I'm trying to eat and all the food is getting stuck to the brackets and not down my throat and I just want to rip out my braces what can I do

You'll get used to them after a few days and then even after being tightened, it doesn't hurt as bad as it did when they're first put in. What's important is that you remember to wear your retainer once your braces are removed. I got lazy and stopped wearing my retainer and my teeth did start to move back to how they were before. Not as bad as they were before but they definitely shifted. Wear your retainer!

Now THAT is what I call a run-on sentence.

Don't worry, you'll get used to it in a week. It'll hurt again once the braces get tightened each time, but it won't be as bad. the second day is in fact the worst, IIRC, so don't eat anything tough or hard. Maybe something like congee? Soup? Mushy stuff?

Archived