Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RUPERTKBD

Dirtiest Player Ever

Dirtiest Player   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the dirtiest player ever

• Mark Messier
    • Claude Lemieux
    • Chris Simon
    • Eddie Shore
    • Sprague Cleghorn
    • Billy Smith
    • Matt Cooke
    • Ulf Samuelsson
    • Ken Linseman
    • Darius Kasparitis
    • Ron Hextall
    • Chris Chelios
    • Dale Hunter
    • Brad Marchand
    • Steve Downie

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

68 posts in this topic

This was a topic on Sportsnet this moring. Several names were mentioned, including Ken Linseman, Billy Smith, Darius Kasparitis, Ulf Samuelsson, matt Cooke, etc. I wondered what CDC thinks....who is the dirtiest player ever?

I'd go with Eddie Shore.

I gotta go with good ol Marty McSorley. Still remember watching that stick to the side of Brashear's Head. Just vicious

I gotta go with good ol Marty McSorley. Still remember watching that stick to the side of Brashear's Head. Just vicious

McSorley or Claude Lemieux .

Not Playing - Claude Lemieux

Playing - Raffi Torres. Matt Cooke is up there, but he's seemed to be better (at last he was last season). Torres is dangerous and has no remorse for his actions.

I don't think Torres is dirty, his nature is just that of a bull. I doubt he's thinking "im gonna illegally injure this guy and hope i don't get caught", he's just edgy and a little nuts. I don't see him hacking at guys when refs aren't looking or taking out guys knees. He looks for big hits and at high speeds with HD instant replay it's almost impossible to hit someone perfectly within the rules. There will always be some head contact and you can always slide a piece of paper under someones skate to claim they "jumped". Would love to have him back on the nucks.

Scott Stevens would be in Shanahan's office so much he'd have a parking spot reserved for him.

I don't see how he'd be allowed to play in today's game the way they are dealing with head shots.

Chris Simon. The guy was completely loony.

Gotta be Henrik Sedin. See that swat to the head he gave to Brown? Disgusting.

I don't think Torres is dirty, his nature is just that of a bull. I doubt he's thinking "im gonna illegally injure this guy and hope i don't get caught", he's just edgy and a little nuts. I don't see him hacking at guys when refs aren't looking or taking out guys knees. He looks for big hits and at high speeds with HD instant replay it's almost impossible to hit someone perfectly within the rules. There will always be some head contact and you can always slide a piece of paper under someones skate to claim they "jumped". Would love to have him back on the nucks.

my vote is for connie madigan, played for portland in the old western hockey league. i'm trying to remember another fellows name. if he couldn't find any players to fight, he would fight his own teammates...ah yes, oggie oglethorpe. does anyone remember him.