Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Dirtiest Player Ever

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Dirtiest Player (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is the dirtiest player ever

1. Mark Messier (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Claude Lemieux (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. Chris Simon (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

4. Eddie Shore (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

5. Sprague Cleghorn (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

6. Billy Smith (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Matt Cooke (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

8. Ulf Samuelsson (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

9. Ken Linseman (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

10. Darius Kasparitis (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Ron Hextall (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Chris Chelios (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Dale Hunter (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Brad Marchand (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

15. Steve Downie (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

"Marchment has been suspended for deliberate attempts to injure other players numerous times throughout his playing career. He was suspended 13 times by the league in his first 12 NHL seasons and his hits were blamed for injuries suffered by Mike Modano, Joe Nieuwendyk, Greg Adams, Mike Gartner, Kevin Dineen, Peter Zezel, Pavel Bure, Sami Salo, Paul Kariya, Wendel Clark and Martin Ručínský. On February 3, 1995, while the Toronto Maple Leafs were visiting Marchment's Oilers, a hit by Marchment partially collapsed one of Gartner's lungs; the severely injured Gartner had to return to Toronto by train.

Marchment always stuck in my mind as someone who was out to injure the other team's best players. Just look at the list of names mentioned above. His hits were always like a high-speed stealth attack. His victims rarely even knew he was coming.

Simon was certainly dirty, but his deeds seemed to be more of a retaliatory nature. He gets checked hard, so he swings back etc.

Carcillo has potential. I think it's just a matter of time before he ends someone's career.

Dirty player should be defined as a deliberate and regular action by someone, not a one time event.

I guess Marchment wins this category if he took out all them star players in such a short time!

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#62 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

"Marchment has been suspended for deliberate attempts to injure other players numerous times throughout his playing career. He was suspended 13 times by the league in his first 12 NHL seasons and his hits were blamed for injuries suffered by Mike Modano, Joe Nieuwendyk, Greg Adams, Mike Gartner, Kevin Dineen, Peter Zezel, Pavel Bure, Sami Salo, Paul Kariya, Wendel Clark and Martin Ručínský. On February 3, 1995, while the Toronto Maple Leafs were visiting Marchment's Oilers, a hit by Marchment partially collapsed one of Gartner's lungs; the severely injured Gartner had to return to Toronto by train.

Marchment always stuck in my mind as someone who was out to injure the other team's best players. Just look at the list of names mentioned above. His hits were always like a high-speed stealth attack. His victims rarely even knew he was coming.

Simon was certainly dirty, but his deeds seemed to be more of a retaliatory nature. He gets checked hard, so he swings back etc.

Carcillo has potential. I think it's just a matter of time before he ends someone's career.

Dirty player should be defined as a deliberate and regular action by someone, not a one time event.

I guess Marchment wins this category if he took out all them star players in such a short time!

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#63 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,138 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image

Mike Ricci? I said "dirtiest" player, not ugliest.....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#64 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

Should add a poll

#65 Bill Sikes

Bill Sikes

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,650 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

I agree with many choices, so I'll add a few that seem conspicuous by their absence

Glen Anderson one of the most vicious stick men ever

Ron Hextall

Chris Chelios (anyone who recalls Hextalls 89 attack on Chelios knows why he did it)

Craig Luwig could have made a living as a lumberjack

Dale Hunter

Derion Hatcher

Boris Mikhilov how dirty do you have to be to have Phil Esposito, Gary Bergman and Yvon Cournvyer wanting to fight you

Petr Svoboda king of the slew foot

I don't generally consider the "Enforcers" dirty as they rarely are trying to hurt star players, dirty players IMO are the cheap shot artists who try to injure players, often with the stick or with dirty hits (from behind or at the knees or head).

#66 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,138 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

Should add a poll

Done. I know some suggestions we missed, but I tried to go with the "top 15" choices...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#67 stuckinontario

stuckinontario

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

I hereby withhold my vote and instead offer the title to Chris Pronger.

Even though he's always been one of the best D-men on the ice during his career, come playoffs time he resorts to throwing out his elbows at opposing players' heads like he's a giant chicken taking flight, and it's a shame - a damn dirty shame.

Enjoy that well-earned concussion, Chris - you've always been so generous handing out the pain, some of it was bound to come back around sooner or later...
Posted Image
Canucks brass, send scouts out to Ptbo!

#68 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,748 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

How is Bobby Clarke not a choice in this poll? voted Chris Simon.

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.