The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 2)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Leafs Brings Veteran Experience, Cup-Winning Pedigree into Post-Season

Although the Leafs may have just clawed their way into hockey's second season this year, GM Chimon is hoping that their fortunes will turn around in the playoffs with a veteran-laden roster, featuring 7 players with at least one Stanley Cup ring:

Chris Kunitz (2009 - PIT, 2007 - ANA)

Chris Pronger (2007 - ANA)

Samuel Pahlsson (2007 - ANA)

Martin St. Louis (2004 - TBL)

Martin Brodeur (2003 - NJD, 2000, 1995)

Patrik Elias (2003 - NJD, 2000)

Mike Knuble (1998 - DET)

"On paper, I think we have one of the most experienced lineup in recent memory," head coach Randy Carlyle addressed the media after today's practice. "It also helps that I have had the opportunity to coach guys like Pronger, Kunitz, and Pahlsson in Anaheim during our cup run and I know the rest of the guys were a huge part in their own team's championships."

"We'd like to have had better results against Brooklyn in the regular season, and they're no doubt going to be a tough test for us. You can't really stop guys like Malkin and Zetterberg so we just have to find ways to contain them and make sure that every guy on the team plays their role to a T."

Despite barely making the playoffs, the Maple Leafs did finish their regular season campaign on a high note, going 6-2-2 in their final ten games and having won 6 of their last 7.

tumblr_lxirolZ0Ya1qzzr16o1_500.gif

We are used to seeing a typical Joe Thornton pass to Patrick Marleau or vice versa for a goal, Well not anymore. Joe is a leading force on the Maple Leafs and Patrick is on the president trophy winning Beavers. Former linemates are now forced into a playoff matchup that has more superstars then any other series. Recently Joe has this to say about the Beavers and Patrick " They are a tough team but any opportunity I see I will take it, this is the playoffs and anything goes. They had our number during the season but this is a brand new season, a different style of hockey and it's anybody's to take". Last year the Leafs were upset in the first round of the playoffs to the Bruins and are looking to make it much further this year. Beavers on the other hand went through a complete transformation last season after missing the playoffs. New coaches, GM, Players and style of hockey. Only Keith Ballard remains as the only former Islander still on the team.

* I would love to see a few little write ups about each series is GM's have a few minutes. Adds some hype and a little more to look for !

Nice to see both my NHL and AHL teams make the playoffs! Honestly thought halfway through the big club would miss the playoffs, but turned it on to be one of the hottest teams down the stretch. Climbed from a 10-11 team to the 5th seed in the East. Who would ever think Milan Michalek could have more point production than Evgeni Malkin with the Pens?

Very much looking forward to the Sens in the first round. Should be a close one HS!

Also nice to hold the 10th spot in the draft with WSH's 1st. Looking to move up if the price is right

Or just select the regular season from the drop down menu

I gave OTTS some leeway since he acquired the team at the deadline and they were almost 8 million over the cap

Although there is no cap in the playoffs for future reference this is not a way to get around the cap if I suspend one of your top players

This won't happen next year as all you guys have been warned

Archived