The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 2)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Quoting doesn't work properly on my phone, but here goes:

Goligoski is a serviceable top-pairing defenceman despite what his ratings suggest. Stick him with a good partner and ice time and he thrive just like in Dallas. His defensive may not be something to boast about but I bet he would play a #2 and big PP role on at least half the teams in this league. Not to mention that given the state of your defence prior to this trade, you are in fact getting a top pairing player for not much going the other way. Barring a miracle season, Sundstrom will be hard pressed to make it to the big show and Kunhackl is likely to top out as a 3rd liner (optimally). 75 and 70 potential are nothing to write home about given that those two players had poor seasons and ice time, limiting their re-rated growth. Moreover, the 2nd rounders aren't exactly deal-makers either. Given the talent that you have and theaaddition of Goligoski, the Pens will likely finish in the top-20 next season, not exactly a prime draft position in the second round.

I don't have a huge vested interest now that I'm not managing Dallas, but it's a shame to see my efforts of taking that team to the post-season on the backs of players like Goligoski (and to a lesser extent Ott) go to waste. Goligoski should and could have fetched a much higher price.

Guess people know why I may request NTCs for core players as agent to prevent lopsided deals like this. Makes GMs think harder about the deals that they make.

Archived