5992 replies to this topic

#2011 AriGold

AriGold

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Realistically I won't be offering on a lot of FA's next year so I might offer to take it over with somebody else who's not offering on any big names.

The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street-Slice.jpg?resize

#2012 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

just like IRL when they traded for regehr, signed leino, and then missed the playoffs? "being aggresive" is a horse-**** reason, everyone is trying to improve their roster, but playoff teams have proof that what they are doing works

It was just an observation how 3 of the bottom 5 teams landed 3 of the best ufa's.

Benn>>>>

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#2013 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,855 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

...I thought VC and SOB did a great job with free agency. :ph34r:

erikkarlsson.png

CDC Elite Hockey League // Tampa Bay Lightning

#2014 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

The problem is that most teams didn't have a backup plan. They put all their eggs in one basket.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#2015 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,534 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I expected some whining from Disaronno but lax, Chimon, and nucklehead? Pretty disappointing guys.

MessiSig.jpg

Credit to: MrNHLFanatic

#2016 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

I expected some whining from Disaronno but lax, Chimon, and nucklehead? Pretty disappointing guys.

I was just shocked at the best going to bottom 5 teams. Otherwise I thought it was very well done

6xFRVi3.png

Credit to bananamash for the sig. Credit to torts for being stubborn

Bring Back the Totems!
NHLSL Winnipeg Jets

#2017 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

yes because I whine sooo much :rolleyes:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm1018201335

1190007304.png CDC STHS GM ||||| small.png CDCFL GM ||||| small.png EHL GM

#2018 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,056 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

You're just a lot more blunt and pushy than other GM's. I wouldn't have expected you to complain public in the thread though.

Posted Image

#2019 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Let me be honest here. You don't exactly have the best reputation in this league, not judging you but I could probably say its from your attitude, and the way you handle things.
Before this gets out of hand an internet fight breaks out you should just edit this post.
Posted Image

#2020 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

well I've been around longer than most of you, so the lack of respect most of you show me doesn't exactly make me want to extend the olive branch.

Quite honestly I don't really care how any of you feel about how I "handle myself" in this league. I just find it hilarious how most of you have come out the way you have over the last couple weeks.

#2021 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,534 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

well I've been around longer than most of you, so the lack of respect most of you show me doesn't exactly make me want to extend the olive branch.

What, because you have an earlier join date we should all respect you?

MessiSig.jpg

#2022 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Quite honestly I don't really care how any of you feel about how I "handle myself" in this league. I just find it hilarious how most of you have come out the way you have over the last couple weeks.

I'm sorry if we don't respect you enough because you joined a forum before us.

1zcq151.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#2023 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,056 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Don't try and make it seem like you don't have a part in this either Disoronno. You don't exactly treat other GM's well over PM's. Sure publicly you might look fine, but most people who've dealt with you can say that you can be quite rude. Any time I've talked with you not regarding the league you've been fine, but as soon as it comes down to trade negotiation you can be disrespectful.

So stop trying to play the victim, you've played just as much a part in earning your reputation as others have in giving it to you.

Because you know how to run STHS, and you don't wreck teams, I'm sure that there has to be another reason why people generally don't like you. Don't you think?

Edited by BananaMash, 11 January 2013 - 05:21 PM.

Posted Image

#2024 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,855 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Disaronno's e-penis is bigger than yours and you should respect that.

Edited by Intoewsables, 11 January 2013 - 05:26 PM.

erikkarlsson.png

CDC Elite Hockey League // Tampa Bay Lightning

#2025 Chimon

Chimon

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,370 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

So GMs that are not known to 'whine' can't have a legitimate beef/observations regarding high-profile FAs signing with non-playoff teams or teams at the bottom of the league?

CDC STHS Hockey League
2015-16 medium.pngNortheast Division Leader (45-29-8) | DNQ (33-35-8)
2014-15 medium.pngNortheast Division Leader (50-25-7) | AHL President's Trophy (48-19-9)

2013-14 medium.png: Stanley Cup Finalist (41-28-13) | AHL Division Leader (45-19-8)

2012-13 medium.png: GM of the Year, President's Trophy (52-24-6) | AHL Calder Cup (51-18-7)

#2026 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

well for the most part I have not had many problems with GM's on here.

I enjoy spending my time on CDC, following hockey and managing teams. I may come across as a tough negotiator, but that is just how I operate. I am extremely competitive and I want to win, unfortunately I am no longer in my "teens" so there are certain aspects of the league that I do not care for.

It's been annoying coming on here over the past weeks, being criticized and ridiculed every time I post a comment.

If this is going to continue I will just re-sign from the Kings. I do not want to, but the "fun and thrill to play" is starting to disappear.

#2027 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,534 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

So GMs that are not known to 'whine' can't have a legitimate beef/observations regarding high-profile FAs signing with non-playoff teams or teams at the bottom of the league?

When the signing is posted it's basically the end of the discussion, nothing you say can change what's been done so what does it accomplish?

MessiSig.jpg

#2028 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,724 posts

I figure its just a game and who really cares you don't get a Perry or Hartnell. Just move on and live with it, VC and SoB do a great job with this.

However one thing I may suggest for next year is maybe take offers to the top Free Agents first and announce signings for those guys first. That way people can make offers to other players once they learn they aren't going to get one of the prizes FA.
Posted Image

#2029 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,366 posts

What, because you have an earlier join date we should all respect you?

Aren't you a Leafs fan?

#2030 Nail

Nail

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,850 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I figure its just a game and who really cares you don't get a Perry or Hartnell. Just move on and live with it, VC and SoB do a great job with this.

However one thing I may suggest for next year is maybe take offers to the top Free Agents first and announce signings for those guys first. That way people can make offers to other players once they learn they aren't going to get one of the prizes FA.

I said that before FA started!

Formally known as Nail Yakupov.

Tampa Bay Lightning GM, CDCFL!

#2031 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,056 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

well for the most part I have not had many problems with GM's on here.

I enjoy spending my time on CDC, following hockey and managing teams. I may come across as a tough negotiator, but that is just how I operate. I am extremely competitive and I want to win, unfortunately I am no longer in my "teens" so there are certain aspects of the league that I do not care for.

It's been annoying coming on here over the past weeks, being criticized and ridiculed every time I post a comment.

If this is going to continue I will just re-sign from the Kings. I do not want to, but the "fun and thrill to play" is starting to disappear.

It's not the tough negotiating that's the problem, it's the blatant attempts to rip people off and carrying yourself like "I've been here longer, I'm older than you, I'm better". That being said, I'd rather have you on here even like that with a team that doesn't suck than certain others who completely wreck an otherwise decent team.

Summary: Show respect, and you'll get respect.

I'm done with this though, this is getting incredibly childish. Diso, since you're the big adult here I suspect you realize it's also time to drop it. It's a game, people need to go back to having fun.

Edited by BananaMash, 11 January 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Posted Image

#2032 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,534 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Aren't you a Leafs fan?

This is as relevant as your join date.

Edited by Caboose, 11 January 2013 - 05:32 PM.

MessiSig.jpg

#2033 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

It's not the tough negotiating that's the problem, it's the blatant attempts to rip people off and carrying yourself like "I've been here longer, I'm older than you, I'm better". That being said, I'd rather have you on here even like that with a team that doesn't suck than certain others who completely wreck an otherwise decent team.

Summary: Show respect, and you'll get respect.

I'm done with this though, this is getting incredibly childish. Diso, since you're the big adult here I suspect you realize it's also time to drop it. It's a game, people need to go back to having fun.

Agreed, I was just stating where I was coming from.

#2034 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Annnnnnnnnd done

1zcq151.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#2035 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,056 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Now then, since we're all done throwing hissy fits over a hockey game on the computer, check out this sexy roster-program thing I made:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2036 Sidney Crosby.

Sidney Crosby.

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

When the signing is posted it's basically the end of the discussion, nothing you say can change what's been done so what does it accomplish?

Yes, I believe the same should be said for trades or any other transactions in the league. All I said was it sucks that the Flyers got Perry considering their my Pens biggest rivals.

And I think SOB and VC did a great job with free agency. Loved the pictures for everyone and explanations for the big name guys (Perry, Hartnell, etc.)

Posted Image

#2037 Nail

Nail

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,850 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

What's that thing called Mash?

Formally known as Nail Yakupov.

Tampa Bay Lightning GM, CDCFL!

#2038 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,056 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

What's that thing called Mash?

What? I dunno I was just making something like you'd find in a program you'd find at the games. I made it in G.I.M.P. if that's what you mean.

Edited by BananaMash, 11 January 2013 - 05:42 PM.

Posted Image

#2039 Chimon

Chimon

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,370 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

This place is called a forum for a reason and Fantasy Hockey is appropriately placed under hockey discussion.

Edited by Chimon, 11 January 2013 - 06:01 PM.

CDC STHS Hockey League
2015-16 medium.pngNortheast Division Leader (45-29-8) | DNQ (33-35-8)
2014-15 medium.pngNortheast Division Leader (50-25-7) | AHL President's Trophy (48-19-9)

2013-14 medium.png: Stanley Cup Finalist (41-28-13) | AHL Division Leader (45-19-8)

2012-13 medium.png: GM of the Year, President's Trophy (52-24-6) | AHL Calder Cup (51-18-7)

#2040 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,056 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Oh no it's starting again. No no no no.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.