The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

once lockouts over do you think gillis will make a few trades or stay pat

canuktravella

im so bored and fed up with this lockout. do you all think gillis will keep the team as is or will trades happen

i hope raymond is packaged with loungo he brings nuthing to the table except speed and no finish perimeter play and then he falls down. raymonds nickname should be deer legs.

Then theres the defense, edlers back is injured is he gonna need a second surgery, will he be resigned ?l or will he be traded? or will ballard be traded? because the coach has no faith in his play, which in my mind is AV's weakness as a coach playing favorites and not being adaptable hense kings sweeping us last yr.

congrats to pavel for being honored in hhof hooefully canucks retire our most talented player's number.

linden was all heart and nazzy was slick but bure was best player we've ever had wear our jersey

im excited about our team for next three yrs will all our young talent coming up i think jensen, corrado, sauve and connauton are all gonna be gamers.

The team needs to get younger. Gillis has to make trades and promote younger players.

Luongo or Schneider will be gone depending on details of new CBA, Booth will get traded at some point and so will Ballard.

The team will get much younger. I look forward to it.

Ballard nerds to go. We signed Garrison who will play ahead of Ballard. Get rid of Raumond too he doesn't got into the kind up. That's 6.4 mill right there, take into account Luongo and that's 11.7 mill to replace a back up goalie and 6th dman. Raymond is an extra forward and we have ebbett who I think is actually better than Raymond.

I'd like to see MG move Ballard, Lu and Ray

MG wil get a great pick or two this draft and if there's a season he will wait on moves until he see's what he's got in the young guys. No season, I doubt he will try and fix something he hasn't seen play. Unless an unreal deal comes along of course. The Lu trade is the exception and Raymond and Ballard could be packaged if the return is good enough. Lu is top 5 in the NHL in my books so hopefully we will get something great in return cause whoever he goes to is gonna be a playoff team for sure. We should get at least a 1st or Current 1st prospect. I'd Love to see us pick up a Top 5 from someone in the draft this year for Lu. We could then get 3 picks out of the top 40 if we go 21 or higher. That would give our prospect pool some good depth, and we really need some more top end talent.

I think that the new CBA could put quite a few players on the trade block and if the oppertunity comes where gillis can pick upa legit 3-5 year asset he will make the best offer he can and hopefully we pick up a top 6 forward.

MG wil get a great pick or two this draft and if there's a season he will wait on moves until he see's what he's got in the young guys. No season, I doubt he will try and fix something he hasn't seen play. Unless an unreal deal comes along of course. The Lu trade is the exception and Raymond and Ballard could be packaged if the return is good enough. Lu is top 5 in the NHL in my books so hopefully we will get something great in return cause whoever he goes to is gonna be a playoff team for sure. We should get at least a 1st or Current 1st prospect. I'd Love to see us pick up a Top 5 from someone in the draft this year for Lu. We could then get 3 picks out of the top 40 if we go 21 or higher. That would give our prospect pool some good depth, and we really need some more top end talent.

I think that the new CBA could put quite a few players on the trade block and if the oppertunity comes where gillis can pick upa legit 3-5 year asset he will make the best offer he can and hopefully we pick up a top 6 forward.

There's a couple of things which will influence the assumed Luongo trade.

1.) If Gillis has Arnott lined up to sign here, and the lock-out lasts for a long enough period of time, that will likely negate the need for a 2C/3C for this season. Gillis will not look at getting a 3C as part of the deal.

2.) As the lock-out drags on, Gillis/AV might just decide to say the heck with it and play Kassian as a top-6 RW (yes, call me crazy :)).

Combine this with teams not wanting to part with quality roster players or only being willing to part with guys who will be the same as a deadline rental and the Canucks might just aim for more in the way of prospects/picks.

regards,

G.

Archived