The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN - FLA

Oh, how can we forget, for you continue to remind us at every opportunity. :)

Luongo is a goalie until 2018. After that time, he will likely retire, or otherwise be moved out of the organization to which the Canucks move him. And there is ample opportunity for this to occur, which is something you chose to disregard, rather than "forget". And once Luongo is gone, he becomes someone else's problem. This is another thing you choose to disregard.

Gotta disagree with you here.

Jensen may have more pure offensive skill, but Biggs is an absolute force physically, and has the potential to put up some good numbers in the NHL.

I'd say they are pretty equal, but I'd be inclined to give an edge to Biggs.

There was a reason he was picked 7 spots ahead of Jensen just a little over a year ago, and both have lived up to, and beyond early expectations.

I say offensively Jensen is better, skating is probably around the same, both are about the same size, Biggs is probably heavier and he's more nasty but Jensen has better offensive ability.

It's just what kind of player you prefer really.

Hodgson > Kadri

Jensen > Biggs

(Shouldn't have to explain those two, pretty obvious)

Lu > Lecavalier

Lecavalier is nowhere near his prime, Lu may have lost a few baby steps from his absolute prime, but he is still a star goaltender and a far better goaltender than what most of the teams in the league have.

Chicago (Crawford at $2.5+ million, and one year left after this season)), Columbus (all three of the listed goalies will be RFA's at the end of this year), Detroit (Howard is a UFA at the end of this season), Edmonton (Dubnyk maybe can have a case made for him), Phoenix (both goalies are UFA's after this season), San Jose (Niemi? I could see the Sharks unloading the remaining term of his contract to make way), maybe the Islanders or Flyers if they buy out a contract under the bew CBA. And then there's the Leafs, the Panthers and the Bolts.

Calling Jensen better than Biggs is laughable. You have literally zero basis from which to form that opinion. Neither are NHLers right now, Biggs was drafted 7 spots higher, and they've put up basically identical OHL stats. You really have a problem with overvaluing Vancouver Canuck players.

Even calling Hodgson better than Kadri is premature. Give Kadri a full year in the NHL first. Kadri had better AHL numbers than Hodgson did in 2010-11.

Calling Jensen better than Biggs is laughable. You have literally zero basis from which to form that opinion. Neither are NHLers right now, Biggs was drafted 7 spots higher, and they've put up basically identical OHL stats. You really have a problem with overvaluing Vancouver Canuck players.

Is it? Because two posts earlier, you said this:

Jensen > Biggs

(Shouldn't have to explain those two, pretty obvious)

So which one is it?

No that didn't happen last year did it? Both goalies still are at the same skill level, I don't see why it would happen this year.

It's a stuningly foolish idea to hang roberto out to dry as the back-up because then his value will go down, if he comes in and the time is split equally he will be able to play alot and play at a good level, and will retain value, and will probably get himself moved sooner since MG isn't giving him away.

It didn't happen last year because Luongo was the clear #1, and most people - probably Schneider himself, too - thought that it was just a matter of time before Schneider was to be traded elsewhere.

And again, "splitting time" is not realistic. One will invariably outplay the other, and be given the lion's share of games. This will have a negative effect no matter who the "winner" of the spot is.

Chicago would make sense, but the chances of us dealing with them are low. Lu will not waive his NTC to go to Columbus, probably not to Brooklyn, either. Detroit would not be interested - Jimmy Howard will be extended. Phoenix has Mike Smith and will presumably extend him. Edmonton is a division rival - unlikely. San Jose would then have to do something with Niemi - already heavily invested, like I said - which would be very difficult to do.

If we have to trade him to Florida this is what I would be interested in that is a resonable possibility: (* = High priority)

- Quinton Howden. he's a pretty good prospect, nothing expectional but should be a useful 2nd or 3rd liner one day with a useful skillset. Would be a nice addition to our prospect pool.

- *Alex Petrovic. I want this guy in the deal if we trade with FLA, has all the chops of a good two-way top 4 defensmen with some added grit and chippyness.

- Shawn Mattias. I don't want him to be the main piece, because I think he is overrated, but he wouldn't be bad as a throw-in.

- *Early Round picks (1-3). If we could get a 1st that would be amazing with this deep draft, but if we can't I would like to get a 2nd atleast, and maybe a 3rd aswell. There will be some good prospect avaliable when those picks roll around.

- *Jack Skille. More of just a throw in but he would be really nice on the 4th line, an upgrade on Weise forsure IMO, he's big, hits hard. Skates really well, a strong fast skater who can get in on the forecheck quickly and apply pressure, isn't afraid to fight. and also brings more offense than our current other options. But really the size with the skating ability he has is why I want him.

Other lesser notables:

- Sean Bergenheim (We don't need another 2nd/3rd liner, but playoff ability is intriguing)

- Marcel Goc (Not my #1 choice for 3C, would like more offense, but he isnt a bad choice either)

- Mike Matheson (Don't know much about him, but a good prospect is always nice to get)

- Keaton Ellerby (We don't need D, but he is a nice young NHL player with some more upside still)

My Proposition in terms of an offer:

To Van: Alex Petrovic, Quinton Howden, Jack Skille, 2nd.

To Fla: Roberto Luongo (Possible additional pieces)

Not alot there to me other' than picks/prospects. Toronto is a better trade partner if your looking at getting roster players in return. (or just looking at our return in general) But both have some young pieces I have my eye on.

If we have to trade him to Florida this is what I would be interested in that is a resonable possibility: (* = High priority)

- Quinton Howden. he's a pretty good prospect, nothing expectional but should be a useful 2nd or 3rd liner one day with a useful skillset. Would be a nice addition to our prospect pool.

- *Alex Petrovic. I want this guy in the deal if we trade with FLA, has all the chops of a good two-way top 4 defensmen with some added grit and chippyness.

- Shawn Mattias. I don't want him to be the main piece, because I think he is overrated, but he wouldn't be bad as a throw-in.

- *Early Round picks (1-3). If we could get a 1st that would be amazing with this deep draft, but if we can't I would like to get a 2nd atleast, and maybe a 3rd aswell. There will be some good prospect avaliable when those picks roll around.

- *Jack Skille. More of just a throw in but he would be really nice on the 4th line, an upgrade on Weise forsure IMO, he's big, hits hard. Skates really well, a strong fast skater who can get in on the forecheck quickly and apply pressure, isn't afraid to fight. and also brings more offense than our current other options. But really the size with the skating ability he has is why I want him.

Other lesser notables:

- Sean Bergenheim (We don't need another 2nd/3rd liner, but playoff ability is intriguing)

- Marcel Goc (Not my #1 choice for 3C, would like more offense, but he isnt a bad choice either)

- Mike Matheson (Don't know much about him, but a good prospect is always nice to get)

- Keaton Ellerby (We don't need D, but he is a nice young NHL player with some more upside still)

My Proposition in terms of an offer:

To Van: Alex Petrovic, Quinton Howden, Jack Skille, 2nd.

To Fla: Roberto Luongo (Possible additional pieces)

Not alot there to me other' than picks/prospects. Toronto is a better trade partner if your looking at getting roster players in return. (or just looking at our return in general) But both have some young pieces I have my eye on.

Yes if we 'have' to trade him to FLA

we all know you have a love fest mancrush on Kadri lol

Your point about better trade partner is ludicrous.

The high end prospects FLA has relative to Tor is so glaring the fact you can't see that tells us one thing. You must be a Leaf fan hoping to get rid of that Flake Kadri by trading him to the Nux.

Archived