Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grapefruits

Van Sun Article: A frustrated fan makes a tough decision and says so long to the Canucks

96 posts in this topic

Great article, and hopefully others follow suit. I'm not sure what this person was doing buying season tickets when she carries a balance on a line of credit, but that's another issue, I guess...

I know that a lot of people on this board are in their teens, but I can assure you that in the mid-to-late 90s, the Vancouver Canucks were not a very hot ticket at all. Lot of empty seats at GM Place. No reason why it can't happen again.

Great article, and hopefully others follow suit. I'm not sure what this person was doing buying season tickets when she carries a balance on a line of credit, but that's another issue, I guess...

I know that a lot of people on this board are in their teens, but I can assure you that in the mid-to-late 90s, the Vancouver Canucks were not a very hot ticket at all. Lot of empty seats at GM Place. No reason why it can't happen again.

Yup, in today's corporate world, the only way you can vote is with your money.

It might be a drop in the bucket and you might not get noticed but as Ghandi said,

"Be the change you want see"

Seriously? I have little doubt that this person is speaking the truth and they spend $19000.00 a year watching Canuck hockey. I say that I believe it because today's world is so twisted in its priorities. She states that they don't make $250,000 a year and this 'investment' in Canuck tickets is a sizeable expenditure. I suggest she takes her new found savings and consult a financial advisor and reset their priorities.

There are no shortage of opinions on the right and wrongs of this dispute between millionair players and billionaire owners. The absolute irony is that so many fans actually think that either party give two hoots about the fans. People! They don't! I don't and will not buy season tickets as watching a game live is not worth it for the $'s demanded. If more people felt that way perhaps ticket prices might go down. I doubt it as there are enough fools lined up to take their place so they can make the scene.

Pfffha.

Paleeease.

I can't feel sorry for someone that has had lower bowl season tickets for over 20 years.

"The first and only female producer at EA Sports on its NHL team"? The cost is probably a cool breeze through her bank account.

I feel worse for the kids and the nine to fivers that depend on hockey to unwind at night... something after work to look forward to!

I guess we all lose in the end, but honestly... A true fan is not dependent upon how much money they spend or how many jerseys they own. I'm more impressed by people that catch every season game WITHOUT having bought a ticket.

I streamed all my games for 2 years, I'm happy to say.

Not the best quality, but I didn't pay them a stupid cent.

If you can't quit hockey completely, I say spend the least amount of cash you can on them. I'm not going to cry for some lady that makes 150 grand a year. Have you seen what the EA staff gets treated like by directors and producers?!

I say again, "Pffffff"

Seriously? I have little doubt that this person is speaking the truth and they spend $19000.00 a year watching Canuck hockey. I say that I believe it because today's world is so twisted in its priorities. She states that they don't make $250,000 a year and this 'investment' in Canuck tickets is a sizeable expenditure. I suggest she takes her new found savings and consult a financial advisor and reset their priorities.

There are no shortage of opinions on the right and wrongs of this dispute between millionair players and billionaire owners. The absolute irony is that so many fans actually think that either party give two hoots about the fans. People! They don't! I don't and will not buy season tickets as watching a game live is not worth it for the $'s demanded. If more people felt that way perhaps ticket prices might go down. I doubt it as there are enough fools lined up to take their place so they can make the scene.

Good for her. Every year I usually buy my dad some sort of Canucks apparel, jersey, hat, sweatshirt etc. for Christmas; on top of that I usually go to 5 games each season. This year the NHL isn't going to see a dime from me, and that's a promise.

Fans need to get organized. Give the NHL a deadline to make a deal, if not they won't be receiving a penny from the organized fan group If tens of thousands of people signed it might get them thinking. They are arguing over money WE give them. If we totally mess things up they will think twice about locking out again. Last time the NHL came back way stronger after the lockout, so they weren't afraid of doing it again. We need more people like Meredith, especially from the teams who are already struggling financially.

I'm not sure where you get your information from, but in my experience, EA producers don't make nearly as much as you think. My brother in law worked there as a producer (mostly Wii games) for 7 years, and I can tell you that made, at most, half that. He also ate all three of his meals at work, because he had to work 12 hours per day, and, when product milestones were nearing, routinely worked 6 or 7 days a week. Working at EA is not a cake walk.

Great article!

The NHL and NHLPA are fighting over money we have not yet given them. As their customers and the source of their income, we should be a major consideration during any work stoppage, but it seems they only remember we're here when they want to play the PR game. They expect us to come running back with wallets open. If our money is the only voice they hear, we need to let our silence speak volumes.