The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van Sun Article: A frustrated fan makes a tough decision and says so long to the Canucks

Grapefruits

Fair enough.

My wording was hastily chosen I admit.

Though EA is most notorious for treating digital artists like garbage. I'm sure it trickles down from the top. I work with former EA producers myself. Apologies if I offended.

Still though, anyone who can afford Lower Bowl Season Seats isn't going to find my pity.

And EA can suck on some garbage for how they treat workers as well.

I dont think these people are looking for pity or freaking financial advisers. Im not sure why you're bashing them AND saying dont spend your money on the NHL... you're like rabid dogs snarling at anything that makes money...

Anyheck! Im not spending my money either! With the WHL represented in my town, i dont need to. I love the WHL brand and these kids are good enough to keep my eyes glued to the ice.

Seriously? I have little doubt that this person is speaking the truth and they spend $19000.00 a year watching Canuck hockey. I say that I believe it because today's world is so twisted in its priorities. She states that they don't make $250,000 a year and this 'investment' in Canuck tickets is a sizeable expenditure. I suggest she takes her new found savings and consult a financial advisor and reset their priorities.

There are no shortage of opinions on the right and wrongs of this dispute between millionair players and billionaire owners. The absolute irony is that so many fans actually think that either party give two hoots about the fans. People! They don't! I don't and will not buy season tickets as watching a game live is not worth it for the $'s demanded. If more people felt that way perhaps ticket prices might go down. I doubt it as there are enough fools lined up to take their place so they can make the scene.

"Stevenson said the tickets were costing her family nearly $11,000 a year, plus as much as $8,000 for playoff tickets."

Right there is the number one reason to not bother with hockey in person again. I had seasons tickets for the first 25 or 26 years of the franchise, gave them up when they moved downtown from the Coliseum. I've never missed it.

At this rate the Canucks, ie. the team by itself and the NHL as a whole, and our inbred ties with Canuck pasttimes, are the only reason any of us would want to go back to the NHL.

If some of us are starting to ditch the Canucks as well, that means we are getting REALLY ticked off with the NHL.

Fan reaction to the 2005 lockout: "Forget you, no hockey?!?"

Fan reaction to the 2012 lockout: "Forget you. No hockey!"

If you think the lockout is just a rich man's problem, think again. 'No Canucks' impacts the local economy, including those at every pay scale, quite a bit. It also impacts the provincial economy quite a bit in the same way. And the lack of NHL hockey Canada-wide also impacts the national economy in the same way.

However, yes, we will live on.

Thanks NHL and Vancouver Canucks...

From Bc Lions, Whitcaps, Abbotsford Heat, Giants and every other Sports Team in lower mainland.

I actually cancelled my half seasons with the Canucks and got seasons with the Lions. So much cheaper and the canucks are one of the worst Managements in the NHL with their ridicolous ticket prices, food prices and parking at $30-$40.

For making me realize that you are just an entertainment and if you win a stanley cup its not gonna give me anything. I'm not getting any rings, money or y name on the cup so go to hell

Great article, and hopefully others follow suit. I'm not sure what this person was doing buying season tickets when she carries a balance on a line of credit, but that's another issue, I guess...

I know that a lot of people on this board are in their teens, but I can assure you that in the mid-to-late 90s, the Vancouver Canucks were not a very hot ticket at all. Lot of empty seats at GM Place. No reason why it can't happen again.

From Bc Lions, Whitcaps, Abbotsford Heat, Giants and every other Sports Team in lower mainland.

I actually cancelled my half seasons with the Canucks and got seasons with the Lions. So much cheaper and the canucks are one of the worst Managements in the NHL with their ridicolous ticket prices, food prices and parking at $30-$40.

For making me realize that you are just an entertainment and if you win a stanley cup its not gonna give me anything. I'm not getting any rings, money or y name on the cup so go to hell

Can't blame her. This is old. As long as this lockout lasts there are fans that are going to react like this, and myself being one of them. I refuse to buy NHL apparel while this goes on. The NHL refuses to listen to the fans, and soon it's going to bite them in the butt.

Archived