The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van Sun Article: A frustrated fan makes a tough decision and says so long to the Canucks

Grapefruits

Sad thing is this is merely a drop in the bucket. If this spreads and influences more fans then great but there needs to be a huge drop in season ticket holders to have any real affect. If say 25% of fans say FRAK YOU NHL then those tickets will just be bought up by hungry fans chomping at the bit. We need a LEAGUE WIDE BOYCOTT of all NHL merchandise and products not just the games. So when and if these disgusting money hungry vultures reach an agreement make dam sure they have no cash to pay anyone ! BOYCOTT THE NHL that is the only way to make a real tangible stand.

Fans need to get organized. Give the NHL a deadline to make a deal, if not they won't be receiving a penny from the organized fan group If tens of thousands of people signed it might get them thinking. They are arguing over money WE give them. If we totally mess things up they will think twice about locking out again. Last time the NHL came back way stronger after the lockout, so they weren't afraid of doing it again. We need more people like Meredith, especially from the teams who are already struggling financially.

My biggest concern with this lockout is: Are we ever going to see David Booth play a full season in a Canucks uniform?

The longer this lockout goes, the crazier fans will become. Giving up season tickets just like that... I respect the point she's making, and hopefully this raises more awareness of what she's doing to other NHL fans and NHL owners, but this is just another one of those things that gets stuck in the loop. It's not going to affect the negotiations.

I've never watched so much basketball during primetime until now. Damm you greedy NHL people.

Oh, boo hooo. One less person and an opening for more tickets, I hope some of these wish wash fans get bored and move on. That way tickets will be open more to the public, maybe I'll actually get to go to more than a few games. She may not be rich, but she certainly is well off if she can afford $19,000 on hockey a year. :rolleyes:

Don't blame the Canucks on the lock out, blame the NHL. So far not one player has given up on hockey that is on our team, they've all remained @home. Some of these people with their powerless feelings need to just cry me a river. :picard:

EDIT: I hope half of you realize that when the puck drops and hockey does eventually start up again and you come back, you're gonna look like idiots. And for those of you that do leave? Good riddens.. lol I know I'll definitely be happy with some of these "fans" finally gone.

Seriously? I have little doubt that this person is speaking the truth and they spend $19000.00 a year watching Canuck hockey. I say that I believe it because today's world is so twisted in its priorities. She states that they don't make $250,000 a year and this 'investment' in Canuck tickets is a sizeable expenditure. I suggest she takes her new found savings and consult a financial advisor and reset their priorities.

There are no shortage of opinions on the right and wrongs of this dispute between millionair players and billionaire owners. The absolute irony is that so many fans actually think that either party give two hoots about the fans. People! They don't! I don't and will not buy season tickets as watching a game live is not worth it for the $'s demanded. If more people felt that way perhaps ticket prices might go down. I doubt it as there are enough fools lined up to take their place so they can make the scene.

Pfffha.

Paleeease.

I can't feel sorry for someone that has had lower bowl season tickets for over 20 years.

"The first and only female producer at EA Sports on its NHL team"? The cost is probably a cool breeze through her bank account.

I feel worse for the kids and the nine to fivers that depend on hockey to unwind at night... something after work to look forward to!

I guess we all lose in the end, but honestly... A true fan is not dependent upon how much money they spend or how many jerseys they own. I'm more impressed by people that catch every season game WITHOUT having bought a ticket.

I streamed all my games for 2 years, I'm happy to say.

Not the best quality, but I didn't pay them a stupid cent.

If you can't quit hockey completely, I say spend the least amount of cash you can on them. I'm not going to cry for some lady that makes 150 grand a year. Have you seen what the EA staff gets treated like by directors and producers?!

I say again, "Pffffff"

Good for you Meredith i'm right there with you, i'm getting more and more apathetice with hockey. I've actually realized all the time i've been wasting following this sport. It's freed up so much of my time to pursue much more important and meaning full endeavors. I actually feel quit good about it .

Oh, boo hooo. One less person and an opening for more tickets, I hope some of these wish wash fans get bored and move on. That way tickets will be open more to the public, maybe I'll actually get to go to more than a few games. She may not be rich, but she certainly is well off if she can afford $19,000 on hockey a year. :rolleyes:

Don't blame the Canucks on the lock out, blame the NHL. So far not one player has given up on hockey that is on our team, they've all remained @home. Some of these people with their powerless feelings need to just cry me a river. :picard:

EDIT: I hope half of you realize that when the puck drops and hockey does eventually start up again and you come back, you're gonna look like idiots. And for those of you that do leave? Good riddens.. lol I know I'll definitely be happy with some of these "fans" finally gone.

Pull your head out of your rear and realize the only way to send a message is with your dollars. We are not telling you how to spend your money , we are suggesting a course of action to show the greed mongers of this sport we will not accept this garbage strike. Wishy washy fans ? What planet are you on ? The ignorance on this forum has reached it's highest level.

It was an ugly stretch of time, almost as bad as what the Leafs have been since the lockout. The Canucks simply could not compete. I remember that there was actually quite a bit of excitement generated when Andrew Cassels signed with us as a UFA, like it was some sort of major momentum boost :lol:

Tickets were far less expensive, which will happen when demand goes down. It is actually hard to picture that scene repeating itself, but if another season's lost, oh boy...

Yes, you can send a message with your dollars, but does your message really mean anything if your dollars are simply replaced with another's dollars?

Unless there was to be a mass exodus of season ticket holders, giving up your season tickets to the Canucks isn't going to hurt the Aquillinis or the NHL in the slightest.

Now if it were one of the 20+ teams that don't sell out every game and don't have a massive waiting list for season tickets, THEN it would mean something.

Archived