• 808 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

VIDEO: Black Friday shoppers fight over cell phones at Walmart

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 3:35 PM CST

Updated: Nov 23, 2012 3:42 PM CST

By MYFOXATLANTA STAFF

MOULTRIE, Ga. -

VideoPosted Image

from inside a Georgia Walmart store went viral after a fight erupted amongst Black Friday shoppers.

Time.com

reported the fight started over cell phones that were on sale, and shoppers who crammed their way into the Moultrie, Ga. store pounced on a crate full of phones.

http://www.myfoxatla...y-walmart-fight

#2 dudeone

dudeone

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

2 shot at Walmart in Tallahassee, Fla.

Associated Press – 5 hrs ago

http://news.yahoo.co...1--finance.html

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Tallahassee police are interviewing witnesses outside of a Walmart where two people were shot.

A police spokesman says the victims were being treated Friday at an area hospital for wounds that weren't considered life-threatening. It wasn't immediately known whether the shooting happened inside or outside the store or whether it was related to Black Friday shopping.
No arrests have been made.

#3 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

lmao dumb americans
Posted Image

#4 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

:picard:

#5 dudeone

dudeone

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Video: Man Threatens To Stab People On Black Friday Line

by Tommy Christopher | 8:52 am, November 23rd, 2012

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/video-man-threatens-to-stab-people-on-black-friday-line/

Posted ImageWhile this Black Friday has yet to produce anything as dramatic as the Waffle Iron Riot of 2011, or (thankfully) any tragic trampling deaths, the millions of cranky post-Thanksgiving early birds have produced one instant “celebrity.” At a Kmart in Sacramento, as the waiting throng streamed into the store, a man screamed at his fellow shoppers, “Calm the f%#k down! Push one of my kids and I will stab one of you motherf%@kers!”

The man didn’t stab anyone, thankfully, and aside from police being called to a Kmart store in Indianapolis for a dispute over a television, Black Friday has, thus far, been uneventful. Fortunately, cable news being what it is, this is plenty of material to work with, and to run all weekend, leaving you free to be happy and safe, and hopefully home for the rest of the weekend.

#6 dudeone

dudeone

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

http://www.newser.com/story/158119/the-craziest-black-friday-stories-videos.html

(NEWSER) – It's not Black Friday until mob violence has erupted at a Walmart. Some of the craziest stories coming out of the day so far:

• The Atlantic Wire points to two videos of crazy-looking throngs fighting over cheap cellphones at Walmart, and Mediaite has video of hundreds of young girls trying to stampede a Victoria's Secret in Kansas.
  • Mediaite also offers up video of an angry man at a Sacramento Kmart screaming, "Calm the f*** down! Push one of my kids and I will stab one of you motherf***ers!"
  • And in San Antonio, a guy actually pulled a loaded gun at a mall, MySanAntonio reports. Police say he was within his rights, seeing as he'd just been punched in the face by another guy, who was apparently trying to cut in line.
  • A gang fight apparently broke out at a Michigan mall, resulting in pepper spray being used and two teens arrested, Fox 17 reports.

• BuzzFeed's gallery of Black Friday pictures includes one pretty gross image of vomit on the floor of a clothing store.
  • The Stir points to video of a hysterical lady getting arrested at a Florida Walmart after throwing stuff on the ground.
  • Gawker has yet more Walmart videos, including mobs fighting over Xbox games, headphones, and towels.
  • The Daily Mail has a slew of crazy stories, from a cashier at an Alaska store who fainted and had to be taken away by paramedics to a Massachusetts man who allegedly left his girlfriend's 2-year-old behind when he went home with his new TV.
  • At least one person got Tased, a suspected shoplifter in Texas, WFAA reports.
  • A 14-year-old boy was robbed in Maryland after doing his Black Friday shopping at a Bed Bath & Beyond, theBaltimore Sun reports.
  • Two people were shot outside a Tallahassee Walmart this afternoon while fighting over a parking spot, WCTVreports. They'll both be OK ... and the Walmart was only closed for two hours.
  • At least there's one good story coming out of the day: The Huffington Post reports that one "extreme couponer" bought $10,000 worth of stuff for $2,000—and donated it all to families in need.

And then, of course, there was the

couple hit by a drunk driver

in search of Walmart deals...

#7 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

every year :rolleyes:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#8 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Jeez, the amount of waiting combined with the risk of life and limb, not worth it, I can work overtime instead and make the difference there, these people probably could as well.

I love this video personally

http://www.liveleak....=a38_1353690312

Edited by canuckster19, 23 November 2012 - 08:18 PM.

Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#9 thedestroyerofworlds

thedestroyerofworlds

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Ahhhh, like lambs to the slaughter.

I don't get why people think they HAVE to go out and shop for crap that they don't NEED. No amount of savings is worth waiting hours in line, with the threat of possibly getting stabbed, shot, trampled, pushed. But the sheep out there are easily influenced by the all-out media blitz SAVE SAVE SAVE. But are you really saving???

#10 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

And masses of idiots like that is the reason I don't bother to vote. You can spend all your time doing the research into the candidate you prefer, but there will always be 100 other idiots throwing an ignorant vote out. Democracy is better than most options but still no that great.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#11 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,772 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

And masses of idiots like that is the reason I don't bother to vote. You can spend all your time doing the research into the candidate you prefer, but there will always be 100 other idiots throwing an ignorant vote out. Democracy is better than most options but still no that great.

Yeah, just sit back and let the "idiots" decide who runs the country :rolleyes:
If you're not going to vote you can't complain about the system, because you do nothing to even try and make it better.
Posted Image

#12 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

lmao dumb americans

we're so much smarter up here with our hockey riots, for example.

#13 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

I've heard foreigners call our riots "cute". So... yeah, maybe a little better.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#14 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,171 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Two party system down there. Meaning ignorant idiots still have a 50% chance of getting it right.

Voting and democracy isn't the problem though.

Neither is greed, capitalism or weight gain.

Too many people, period, is the problem. And it's only going to get worse.

Posted Image

#15 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Yeah, just sit back and let the "idiots" decide who runs the country :rolleyes:
If you're not going to vote you can't complain about the system, because you do nothing to even try and make it better.

I don't complain about the system. I accept that it's flawed and always will be. I have tried voting and found it doesn't make a difference. Most people don't have any idea about the particular party they vote for. The Obama and Romney campaign was a clear example. Although I think the right choice was made in that instance. Many voters had no clue what obamas policies even were.

Additionally I do feel that my non vote helps. If there were enough non voters well maybe there would be some attention drawn into the system and how it could be improved.

Edited by Special Ed, 23 November 2012 - 09:35 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#16 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,471 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Saw the video this morning.

307mg00.jpg

#17 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Ahhhh, like lambs to the slaughter.

I don't get why people think they HAVE to go out and shop for crap that they don't NEED. No amount of savings is worth waiting hours in line, with the threat of possibly getting stabbed, shot, trampled, pushed. But the sheep out there are easily influenced by the all-out media blitz SAVE SAVE SAVE. But are you really saving???

True, although I will say their black Friday sales are way better than the pathetic boxing day sales we have in Canada. I mean you can buy $10 smart phones and $70 32" LCD TVs there. Even if you don't need it, it can make a great Christmas gift.

Posted Image

#18 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

What kind of cell phones?

Posted Image

#19 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

Hockey Riots > Shopping Riots

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#20 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

didn't this all start 10 years ago with parents fighting each other to get tickle me elmos for their kids for christmas?
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#21 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,896 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

Ah, stupid people...gotta love them.

What gadget causes them to lose all brain power? What TV is worth fighting for?

I stood in line ONCE at 4 am for a Boxing Day sale. My daughter really wanted to get into photography and it was the only way I'd ever be able to afford a DSLR for her, so I did. I pulled into the parking lot in the dark and thought I'd beat the system...no one lined up at the door. Parked the car walked up, only to see people lined up on the side and around the corner.

Never again. Not without martial arts training first.

Posted Image

#22 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,430 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

You're assuming they have brain power to begin with debluvsa...
These retailers will mark a product down say 25%. What they don't tell you is that it is 25% off the msrp which is most likely higher than the price they normally sell it at. So if they normally sell a product at $80 and the msrp is $100 they put a price of $75 on it. So in reality you just saved $5.00 or around 6%. Don't ever stand in line for anything. It is stupid. End of story.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#23 Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

What is wrong people? I feel so bad for the employees of these stores.

#24 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

At least we riot over a once in a lifetime opportunity to win the most cherished trophy in the nation, and not a stupid cellphone that will be obsolete in 6 months

There was no Black Friday death toll? Good Job America! step in the right direction

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#25 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

I really don't understand how people can think this is worth it.

RIP LB RR PD

#26 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

You're assuming they have brain power to begin with debluvsa...
These retailers will mark a product down say 25%. What they don't tell you is that it is 25% off the msrp which is most likely higher than the price they normally sell it at. So if they normally sell a product at $80 and the msrp is $100 they put a price of $75 on it. So in reality you just saved $5.00 or around 6%. Don't ever stand in line for anything. It is stupid. End of story.

they don't say hey you save 10% off our regular price ... no you are saving 75-80% of the original MSRP.. or what it might have sold for a year and a half ago when it first came in.

i see this all the time i have been looking at buying a new Car video player for my truck MSRP 700$ average in store prices are 399$ sale price 350$ and they always advertise it as 50% off,
sure you are saving some money but how much and if you don't really need it you are losing money.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#27 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,402 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

didn't this all start 10 years ago with parents fighting each other to get tickle me elmos for their kids for christmas?

30 years ago. Cabbage Patch kids.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#28 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

Animals
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#29 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

At least we riot over a once in a lifetime opportunity to win the most cherished trophy in the nation, and not a stupid cellphone that will be obsolete in 6 months

Nope, hockey is just a game. There are no 'at leasts'. America has their idiots, we got ours.

#30 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

lol I can just imagine the Canadian version of this on Boxing Day. "No I insist You go first!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.