The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will there be NHL hockey this year?

gmen81

NHL  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If reason prevailed there would be hockey - the losses will far outweigh the 'gains' on either side - and both sides would realize not only that, but that they literally owe it to the people who make them all wealthy - the people who buy tickets, cable television, paraphernalia, etc - to get the GD show on the road.

Unfortunately, the NHL prefers the me-first model of management, and ironically everyone is losing as a result.

I think the fact that the NHL accepted mediation might actually be a bad sign - if they've proven anything, it is that cynicism is probably an appropriate way to define expectations where they are concerned. Are they all of a sudden prepared to compromise, or it the mediation thing a repeat performance last play window dressing before canning another season? Not too optimistic.

No one owns hockey.

They should be legislated back to work! :shock:

Since the summer, I have thought that the NHL would lose an entire season, and I still maintain that thought.

And although I have always been an "on the owners side" type of guy for all businesses, I think that if the owners want to salvage their fanbase, they have to get something done asap. They won't see a resurgance in attendance if they lose a full season like they did after the previous lockout. Fans are a lot less forgiving this time around. As for sponsors, that's an entirely different story.

You can quote me that a 2 season lockout is such a dumb thing to say. Why are you even a hockey fan if you think two straight seasons will be cancelled/say such negative things? With the progress made today it is very likely that there will be hockey this year.

Archived