The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

Actually thought Canada improved their play from that horrific 1st period. At least their legs started moving but the defence is still running around. Of course, we're a lot less disciplined but that's just a product of emotion IMO and seeing some emotion is better than seeing none (a la the 1st period). Definitely not playing at the level that they were at vs. Russia but they came off a day off sluggish and the US jumped on them. And oh yeah, Gibson is a beast. Hard to build momentum when the door is just slammed shut on the other end.

AV is annoying on the PP, and the second line and below when people like Raymond are giving infinite amounts of chances. I hate the defense as a whole as in how they play. Another bizarre thing is him getting a big right handed shot in Kassian but then not even trying him with the twins or really the second line when there was openings.

As for Team Canada, the defense was exactly what I worried it would be against a good team.

But I have to say.. Ryan Murphy. I would hate it so much if he was a Canuck prospect. He's been so bad defensively all tournament. Like.. 'He might not even make the NHL if he plays like that.' bad.

I agree but I think Spott made a number of questionable moves besides taking Murphy and Reinhart (Both who have been terrible) Over Corrado.

I wouldn't have taken Lipon and instead opted for size, and aggressiveness on the 4th line, as I knew we would need the spark that it could bring (Which we do right now) Instead he took Lipon and he got suspended and hasn't done much elsewhere.

And then in this game he should have made line-up changes long ago to try to spark the group but it didn't happen.

(Choosing Subban was one of his good descision's IMO, no complaint there)

He can't be entirely blamed but he deserves a fair sure, alot of our problems go back to coaching IMO

Archived