The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

JC LIPON baby! Feels good to have a Blazer on the team! People are comparing him to last years Tanner Pearson! All I know is i watch this kid play all the time and he is relentless on the puck. He can score big goals if needed and he can agitate the other teams stars like no other. Reminds me a bit of steve ott. During the super series game he played he twice wrangled Yakupov into taking a dumb penalty.

JC LIPON baby! Feels good to have a Blazer on the team! People are comparing him to last years Tanner Pearson! All I know is i watch this kid play all the time and he is relentless on the puck. He can score big goals if needed and he can agitate the other teams stars like no other. Reminds me a bit of steve ott. During the super series game he played he twice wrangled Yakupov into taking a dumb penalty.

Ottawa won't release Zibanejad to play...absolutely tragic if he doesn't play. (Although I guess he doesn't have much more to prove at Junior level than he already has - Gold medal GWG)...but still...c'mon Ottawa! We wanna play against the best the world has to offer, don't hold any young players back.

Honestly, it looks like Canada had already made their decisions about the defensemen they wanted before the camp even started.

I don't think Corrado could have done anything more to make the team. His play didn't seem to matter. As usual, draft position and hype played into the decisions more than they should have.

Murphy is fantastic, he was Canada's best player in the Canada-Russia challenge. Incredible speed.

I'm confused as to where people are getting these ideas that Corrado did amazing in camp, were the scrimmages and games actually aired anywhere or is this just biased support for a hometown prospect?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about biased support. I'm very upset that Lowry wasn't even invited.

Murphy is fantastic, he was Canada's best player in the Canada-Russia challenge. Incredible speed.

I'm confused as to where people are getting these ideas that Corrado did amazing in camp, were the scrimmages and games actually aired anywhere or is this just biased support for a hometown prospect?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about biased support. I'm very upset that Lowry wasn't even invited.

Archived