The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

So far this team has lost to U of Alberta and Finland, who aren't even expected to finish 1st in their group. Definitely concerned with the lack of offensive chemistry, and Subban looking shaky. Defense is as promised, have some great puck movers. The team as a whole NEEDS to stop taking stupid penalties, had like 10+ against, including 3 - 5 on 3's in which Finland scored twice.

Looking like Ritchie could be out, some kind of upper body injury. Roster has to be finalized by the 25th, any guesses as to who takes his spot?

Finland looked like they were pretty jacked with the home crowd. They didn't even let us get a sniff at the net pretty much all game. I hope we have more to give, and Huberdeau should help. Like really did anyone see us lay a big hit? We looked slow, did we forget how to hit people ... did we? I really hope not ... and I doubt it.

Who are our top intensity guys though?

Meaningless game against Finland. Doesn't matter Canada lost.

I'll be cheering for Russia in the tourney. It would be great to see them take the gold on home ice.

Canada is the favorite going in. Lots of talent on the team and they are employing every thing from sleep doctors, sports psychologists to neuropsychologists. They are using timed light exposure with the use of "Litebooks".

A lot of science is being used to gain an edge.

From what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound like they iced the best team for whatever reason. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't even make the medal standings. Competition is getting tougher and they can't just rely on being "Canadian" to put them ahead of the game. I hope I'm wrong and the team turns out better then expected. Goaltending seems a little weak as well. Even so, ever since Hodgson didn't get recognized, I don't have much faith in this tournament.

From what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound like they iced the best team for whatever reason. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't even make the medal standings. Competition is getting tougher and they can't just rely on being "Canadian" to put them ahead of the game. I hope I'm wrong and the team turns out better then expected. Goaltending seems a little weak as well. Even so, ever since Hodgson didn't get recognized, I don't have much faith in this tournament.

Group B is strong, with Canada, US, Russia and Slovakia. Deutschland will likely get steam rolled. To advance past relegation you have to be in the top 2 for your group, meaning we'll have to beat out 1 of US/Russia, and possibly even Slovakia. After today's game I'm a little worried that we won't be able to best either US or Russia.

Archived