The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

Canada's biggest deficiency is the lack of a mean, crease clearing d-man.

I agree with the 6 guys that you chose will probably be selected but I'd personally feel better if Dumba was replaced with a bigger defensive presence. Unfortunately, there isn't someone in that mold who jumps out as the obvious choice this year.

I agree with the 6 guys that you chose will probably be selected but I'd personally feel better if Dumba was replaced with a bigger defensive presence. Unfortunately, there isn't someone in that mold who jumps out as the obvious choice this year.

I think Drouin has a chance to make it. The kid is fricken amazing. IMO Huberdeau - MacKinnon - Drouin should be a line for Canada. Those 3 played awesome together in the subway series. Finding chemistry is hard to do when you're throwing players like this together but those 3 guys have it.

I'll play.

Huberdeau - Nugent-Hopkins - Rattie

Monahan- Strome - Ritchie

Danault - Scheifele - McNeill

Laughton- Jenner - Wilson

MacKinnon

Rielly - Hamilton

Harrington - Siemens

Ouellet - Ceci

Pouliot

Subban

Binnington

Sidebar: I think you could potentially flip MacKinnon and Rattie, but seems like MacKinnon is much better suited for C, and there may not be a chance here. Just doesn't seem smart to ignore his high-end skill when there is plenty of two-way play throughout the lineup. Also, my homer pick is to put Corrado in place of Pouliot, but I haven't seen him play enough to know. Seems like the kind of player Hockey Canada likes to have, but they are also super political and take the higher-touted guys more often than not.

Can't wait for camp and the tournament! Even more excited than usual, as I'm sure most can relate to.

Archived