The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

There you go ref cheerleaders wasnt a charge and wouldnt of been called in the nhl or junior league can maybe say hit to head but thats a stretch since every player should know at that age to keep your head up lipon will get 1-3 games I hope camara gets nothing because the major and misconduct is enough but since this is the iihf he will get a game making the next game a tough one and makes this game. a must win in regulation

Gonna need stronger refs. Don't get me wrong I'm worried as hell about our D/G situation but the adaptability shown to play to the hand they've been dealt could come in handy against the Russians and Americans. In the past a 5 minute major would end the big hits and Canada would go into a shell and other teams could dominate us with their skill. Canada is still throwing the hits and they're not crying to the refs when the calls go against them.

It's the truth though. Canadian hockey as a whole even a few years back was about hard work and humbleness. In the last couple of years it took a sudden turn to arrogance in interviews and a whole bunch of entitelement. Look at our olympic superstar right now in Crosby, and how he's acted and held himself, especially in the playoffs last year. It's not the same as it use to be.

Now that we get a second look it doesn't look as fast as I originally thought.

So I will back off the charging a bit but I do stand by that he was in a vulnerable position and he should have held up, you just can't do stuff like that, Camara's only intent there was to hurt the guy.

Now that we get a second look it doesn't look as fast as I originally thought.

So I will back off the charging a bit but I do stand by that he was in a vulnerable position and he should have held up, you just can't do stuff like that, Camara's only intent there was to hurt the guy.

I agree that it was after the fact, but international rules have always been super stingy with regards to anything making contact to the head. The injury was just the icing on the cake. Camara was just unfortunate the end result looked gruesome.

Archived