The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

He touched it with his stick, great. Did he have control or was it in his feet.

Esten makes some great points, and now that I look at it in that light I agree he was already committed to the hit, and he still could have made the hit, he could have just held up a bit and still knocked him down. there was just no reason to go full out like that when he was vulerable, other than that he wanted to hit him like that and hurt him.

This shows that he wasn't in control of the puck, had Camara held up a bit and hit him with a bit less force he could have a made a nice hit and avoided this entire mess, but he wanted to crush him and hurt him.

Should have held up.

Bad defense, good powerplay turned things around. Slovakia had goaltending issues too. 4 goals in 10 shots when you have a 2-0 lead is pretty brutal.

Need to play better five on five or USA and Russia will make them pay. Can't count on the powerplay like that against better teams. Good response, but I'm not sold quite yet. The offense took all the pressure off the goalie and the defense after the first.

Lets just agree to disagree on the hit, we all have or thoughts and were entitled to them.

It was a great game and once Canada smartened up defensively and stuck to there game they took over and played like they should have.

Dano and Schefiele both were great.

Can't wait for USA/Russia, anyone else staying up to watch?

This shows that he wasn't in control of the puck, had Camara held up a bit and hit him with a bit less force he could have a made a nice hit and avoided this entire mess, but he wanted to crush him and hurt him.

Should have held up.

He could have and it may have been smarter to do so, just trying to point out he didn't have to under the rules. In my experience it doesn't matter if the player has full control or not in terms of interference, you can still make a play with just a brief touch. Maybe if Camara let's up, Luza doesn't get spooked and manages to chip the puck up the boards or make a pass, who knows.

Anyways I feel I've made all the points I need to. Still disappointed by Canada's play. I'll give them credit for sticking with it and taking over the game, but I would have preferred a full 60 minute effort. While I think Camara's hit was clean, discipline still seems to be an issue. For example the first major penalty was clearly dirty. Time for Canada be more focused.

I thought Rattie played a great game today and seems to have his sweet spot on the side for easy tap-ins... I'd say Camaras hit was clean and agree with Bob Mckenzie on that.. down 2 men and still rallying to come back, damn I'm impressed. So with the two game misconducts does this mean we will have ten forwards for our next game??

Amongst other things, I think our quick transitions and the quick passes surprised the Slovaks for the second half, since there was none of that in the 1st period. Hopefully it doesn't take the team 20 minutes to start playing on Sunday - don't think they'll get the chance to claw back against the USA.

Edit: I also thought the D stepped it up in the second half. Where Subban faltered on rebounds, the D were right there to clear it, and I saw a lot more blocking in the slot area. Hoping this is a sign of more to come...

I thought Rattie played a great game today and seems to have his sweet spot on the side for easy tap-ins... I'd say Camaras hit was clean and agree with Bob Mckenzie on that.. down 2 men and still rallying to come back, damn I'm impressed. So with the two game misconducts does this mean we will have ten forwards for our next game??

Depends on suspensions, I'm hoping the IIHF sees the light and doesn't suspend Camara, according to MacKenzie Camara was told by an IIHF official that he thought it was a legal check so hopefully with the benefit of replay they will make the right decision.

Lupin on the other hand will probably be suspended for sure, no way he gets away with such a clear headshot with the arms up.

Archived