The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

5 points on Team Canada

1. Camara's hit was clean. ONLY got a penalty because the Slovak got injured

2. Lupin will probably get one game (why is he even on this team?)

3. Oulett is looking like our best d-man

4. We need to get Nathan Mackinnon going (he can be a game changer)

5. Subban looks like he can hold a lead albeit he starts games badly.

IMO, this is an absolutely gorgeous hit. Terrible to see Luza get hurt and I hope he is okay, but an injury can occur on a clean play. This is an example.

It was not charging, he glided into the hit and he stayed on his feet.

Lipons hit was dirty. Jenners hit was dirty. Camaras hit was not dirty.

Seems like this hit turned the tide in Canada's favour though, despite allowing a goal on the PK, they really picked up their game after this. However, we are not looking good. It really looks like we will be in tough against Russia and the USA.

Guest Gumballthechewy

That's what happens when you skate with your head down. Keep your head up kid and that hit doesn't happen. Vicious, but not dirty in any way.

Camara was especially choked because the ref didn't put his hand up to signify a penalty. Doubtful he would get off scott free, Camara stayed on the ice, then asked the ref what he thought and the ref said it was clean. Then a minute later he's out for the game.

Also has anyone noticed how bad the offside calls are from the IIHF? I saw numerous missed offside calls in our game and then in the US game, a Russian player turned to receive a pass, skated backwards into the offensive zone, then turned around and had a breakaway.

Anyone who watched the USA-RUS game, how has Seth Jones looked? I haven't watched any of the USA's games, but from the highlights I've seen, he hasn't looked the greatest. He got beat on the second goal, and also did to set up that breakaway. But from what I have seen, Jacob Trouba has looked really good.

Anyone who watched the USA-RUS game, how has Seth Jones looked? I haven't watched any of the USA's games, but from the highlights I've seen, he hasn't looked the greatest. He got beat on the second goal, and also did to set up that breakaway. But from what I have seen, Jacob Trouba has looked really good.

The Russia vs USA was a pretty good game but I would have liked to see more goals. Both goalies played really well. The US top line so far hasn't been anywhere near as good as Canada's like TSN were trying to claim. If Slovakia beat Germany and Canada beat the US the the US will be playing for there lives in their game against Slovakia.

Can't wait for the US vs. Canada game, I hope they get a good fan turnout to give it some atmosphere.

Will probably sound like a homer, but IMO the reffing was to blame for the hits and suspensions.

Early on the Slovaks were getting away with a bit too much which lead to Canada responding. As soon as Canada responded, the hits were now called and people started to get hurt.

The diving was because little was getting called. Just seemed a little biased IMO.

#4 Reilly has a wicked pass. Good to see him get a goal. Camara seemed to have executed that massive hit in response to the targeting of Sheifle (SP, Lazy yes). They got what they were asking for with respect to that.

Archived