The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

I've been PVRing the games and then trying to avoid reading TSN tweets and this thread until after I've watched them. :)

Speaking of....the reffing is terrible!! And frankly seeming biased towards Russia as it seems far too often calls are missed (like the several obvious penalties in the 3rd against the US game) and iffy calls are too often made to give them power plays. I'd point to the tripping call against the US goalie Gibson as an example, but it wasn't iffy. It was just bull! Even in the Germany game I just finished watching the reffing wasn't great even though Germany didn't need any help losing. (Come on! Can the goalie get some D?!)

I haven't been able to watch any because of my own hockey tourney :( games at 8 am all the time. We went 2-2, and I thought we were out, and was happy because I could actually watch a game. But no, some other team has to go out and lose, so another 6:30 wake up for me :(

I haven't been able to watch any because of my own hockey tourney :( games at 8 am all the time. We went 2-2, and I thought we were out, and was happy because I could actually watch a game. But no, some other team has to go out and lose, so another 6:30 wake up for me :(

I can't believe you guys are still going on about the Camara hit, it was clean deal with it. At the time of the hit it absolutely warranted a penalty, but not a game misconduct. Camara is one of the guys we will need when we face the US.

Having said that, Camara is now one of my favourite players at the WJC, and I will look for him on the ice against USA. I just hate that he's a Boston pick.

Well the Canadians are going to have a better start to this game, if we see the same defensive errors we saw in the previous 2 games the US will take control of this game, they have a ton of speed and their active defense could catch Canada off guard.

I am also looking forward to seeing Jones play, after watching him play against Russia I was very very impressed, and that's an understatement, a franchise defender in the making there is no doubt in my mind, I would possibly take him over Mackinnon with the 1st pick from what I have seen thus-far.

Archived