The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

Huberdeau - Nugent-Hopkins - Scheifele

Drouin - Strome - Ritchie

Hudon - Jenner - Rattie

Camara - MacKinnon - Lipon

Forward lines at practice today. Danault was getting dental work done so wasn't in.

Not sure what Spott is thinking on this one....Drouin and MacKinnon play TOGETHER in the OHL...seems like MacKinnon will be the 13th forward as Danault is going to be the 4th line center.

Hudon - Jenner - Rattie

Forward lines at practice today. Danault was getting dental work done so wasn't in.

Not sure what Spott is thinking on this one....Drouin and MacKinnon play TOGETHER in the OHL...seems like MacKinnon will be the 13th forward as Danault is going to be the 4th line center.

Hudon - Jenner - Rattie

Hudon - Jenner - Rattie

Nuge as expected looked great out there. The way he pulled that d man on the Scheif goal was so sweet.

I love MacKinnon's pep.

Lipon showing a bit of feistiness was nice.

Harrington being nice and mean out there.

I'm not too worried about losing until it means something.

One thing that occured to me while watching was that if the NHL brings in no touch icing I hope the make it a priority to have the faceoffs quickly so it doesn't slow down the game too much.

I wasn't aware, which is unfortunate I would have really enjoyed watching them.

As for him being the top scorer, I knew that but in such a small sample size of games it doesn't mean much or give an indication of the other aspects of his game. I wasn't trying to take a jab I was just legitimately curious.

Back on topic though, I'm really impressed by Hudon. 5th round pick for Montreal just this past year, was incredible in the Russia-Canada Challenge, and now he makes the junior team. Transitioning his game to the NHL will be difficult because of his size, but if he can do it he may very well be the steal of the 2012 draft. I think Montreal won huge in that draft.

Here are my lines:

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele

Ritchie-Strome-Rattie

Drouin-MacKinnon-Hudon (very small line, but would be the most talented line in the tournament)

The 4th line I'm not sure about. Jenner's been putting up a lot of points and he's pretty much a lock. Don't know much about Lipon and Danault, and I'm very, very surprised Camara was invited to tryouts, let alone made the team. Can't see why they'd bring him if not to play with Scheifele, which apparently isn't the plan. Would have preferred to see Lowry, Griffith, or even Camara's linemate Zach Hall.

Very worried about this team. Dream team? Please. This is nothing like the '05 team. Just TSN hype. Our defense is very suspect with Reilly and Hamilton not deserving of the high praise. Besides Nuge and Huberdeau there isn't anything spectacular with the forwards. Another Bronze medal. End of rant.

Very worried about this team. Dream team? Please. This is nothing like the '05 team. Just TSN hype. Our defense is very suspect with Reilly and Hamilton not deserving of the high praise. Besides Nuge and Huberdeau there isn't anything spectacular with the forwards. Another Bronze medal. End of rant.

So far this team has lost to U of Alberta and Finland, who aren't even expected to finish 1st in their group. Definitely concerned with the lack of offensive chemistry, and Subban looking shaky. Defense is as promised, have some great puck movers. The team as a whole NEEDS to stop taking stupid penalties, had like 10+ against, including 3 - 5 on 3's in which Finland scored twice.

Looking like Ritchie could be out, some kind of upper body injury. Roster has to be finalized by the 25th, any guesses as to who takes his spot?

Archived