The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

Am I the only one who thinks Rattie should move to the 2nd line in place of Ritchie? (Not just saying this cause I picked him for my pool)

Drouin and Strome had great chemistry, Ritchie was alright but I don't think he was quite as good as those two, and having a sniper like Rattie on that line (Who I thaught looked good for how little he played) would bring more offensive, maybe the size is a factor but I think overall line would be better with Rattie.

Game to watch...

Hey RNH; 8 different goal scorers by Canada and he has 5 points. Clearly POTG. And very good team speed! Questions MacNeil with an inexplicable giveway, and maybe Subban but a beauty save in the 3rd kept me from swearing!

An instinct in me says move up in the draft to get Drouin???

Am I the only one who is going to stay up for the Russia/Slovakia game a little later?

I really wanna see Russia play, should be a solid game.

Am I the only one who thinks Rattie should move to the 2nd line in place of Ritchie? (Not just saying this cause I picked him for my pool)

Drouin and Strome had great chemistry, Ritchie was alright but I don't think he was quite as good as those two, and having a sniper like Rattie on that line (Who I thaught looked good for how little he played) would bring more offensive, maybe the size is a factor but I think overall line would be better with Rattie.

I think the main problem with that is that if you take Ritchie away from Strome then he kind of loses his place on the team. He was brought in specifically to play with Strome and probably wouldn't have made the team otherwise. I agree that Rattie should be there, but I understand why they want to keep the Strome-Ritchie chemistry together.

Game to watch...

Hey RNH; 8 different goal scorers by Canada and he has 5 points. Clearly POTG. And very good team speed! Questions MacNeil with an inexplicable giveway, and maybe Subban but a beauty save in the 3rd kept me from swearing!

An instinct in me says move up in the draft to get Drouin???

I don't neccisarily know about that, the chemistry between the two was a huge factor but I think he could still be an important player on the third line, his physicality could go nicely with McNeil/Jenner, and line would have a nice combo of size and skill.

Cause I think Rattie would overall have better chemistry with that line and make them better than Ritchie, but who knows it's only one game. But still Rattie did look dangerous.

I agree that Rattie should be there. I honestly don't feel like Ritchie comes anywhere near his point total in the OHL, and thus doesn't get considered for team Canada if he doesn't have Strome feeding him. I feel like there are players out there who could bring the same physicality while being more offensively talented through their own play rather than someone else's. I've made a few Lowry comments already but I still feel he was robbed of a chance to play for team Canada. 6'5" and uses his size very well, and he's leading his team in the WHL without any help around him. Has 12 goals and 2 assists in his last 7 games.

Archived