2774 replies to this topic

#811 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

Is the Slovakian backup a sieve or something? I don't see how if I can see that Nagy is struggling and not following plays well that the coaching stuff on Slovakia can't see it. He's been brutal.

He earned the start with his great play against Russia.

Maybe a goaltending change is something they should consider now though, he looks rattled.

zackass.png

#812 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,079 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

I know everyone loves this hard nosed hockey, and I do too. But they've got stop playing this style of game. This is international hockey.

They're going to take a bad penalty at a crucial point in a game if they keep playing like this. And I can guarantee Russia won't be so forgiving.

The team Canada that I love overwhelms the other team with their skill an skating. Not one that resorts to cheap shots and embellishment.

LIKE THAT! Just do it with skill.

Gonna need stronger refs. Don't get me wrong I'm worried as hell about our D/G situation but the adaptability shown to play to the hand they've been dealt could come in handy against the Russians and Americans. In the past a 5 minute major would end the big hits and Canada would go into a shell and other teams could dominate us with their skill. Canada is still throwing the hits and they're not crying to the refs when the calls go against them.

aXmDa9t.gif

#813 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

I've never seen a charging penalty get 5 and a game before. Boarding, elbowing, spearing, hit from behind yes but not charging.

The ref didn't call it. They called it after the injury which made it hard to take. The second major made it seem like the refs are just making it up as they go.

The first major you can say weak but aknowledge that it is international rules but the second one was just too much.

Edited by Monteeun, 28 December 2012 - 04:12 AM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#814 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,083 posts

Bob Mckenzie just said it was a clean hit.

kthxbye
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#815 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

That wasn't charging on that bigger repaly, but he definitely had some shoulder to the head in the end. International says that's a penalty. With the injury it's a major. Justified I guess.

#816 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Now that we get a second look it doesn't look as fast as I originally thought.

So I will back off the charging a bit but I do stand by that he was in a vulnerable position and he should have held up, you just can't do stuff like that, Camara's only intent there was to hurt the guy.

zackass.png

#817 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,817 posts

agree w mckenzie, not charging. there's incidental contact to head.

in fact, the reply shows he putting on the brakes.
Posted Image

#818 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Canada won a lot of gold in a row. They as a nation and the players became entitled. You can see it in the younger guys. It's not a confident swagger, it's just arrogance. The cheap shotting and diving from Canada has picked up in a big way over the last couple of years.

Kind of similar to Kesler. He had an AMAZING year the year before last. But the very next season, he tried to hog even when the other team knew exactly what he was going to do. They'd just stand in front of him and block the shot. And then the diving started. Some people just don't handle their success well when it comes to attitude.

Oh for pete's sake.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#819 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Yeah great sell = great dive or great embelishment.

Sell is just another word (in hockey terms) for embelishment.

How is that being homerish?

Because as an analyst his job is to be objective. If you actually listen to him he is anything but that

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#820 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

That wasn't charging on that bigger repaly, but he definitely had some shoulder to the head in the end. International says that's a penalty. With the injury it's a major. Justified I guess.

The shoulder to head was more follow-through IMO -- on the initial contact, Camara kept everything down but Luza was crouched down. But anyhoo, the point is moot. The call's been made...
Posted Image

#821 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,194 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

A little adversity is the best thing that can happen to a juniour team to help them gel.

So far the Canadians have responded well.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#822 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

There you go ref cheerleaders wasnt a charge and wouldnt of been called in the nhl or junior league can maybe say hit to head but thats a stretch since every player should know at that age to keep your head up lipon will get 1-3 games I hope camara gets nothing because the major and misconduct is enough but since this is the iihf he will get a game making the next game a tough one and makes this game. a must win in regulation

#823 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,817 posts

regardless how we see it, they have to play in a style that wont get them shorthanded all the time. they wont win gold without adjusting to the international rules/refs.
Posted Image

#824 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,756 posts

Gonna need stronger refs. Don't get me wrong I'm worried as hell about our D/G situation but the adaptability shown to play to the hand they've been dealt could come in handy against the Russians and Americans. In the past a 5 minute major would end the big hits and Canada would go into a shell and other teams could dominate us with their skill. Canada is still throwing the hits and they're not crying to the refs when the calls go against them.

They've obviously gotta throw hits, that's part of hockey.

If Candian players keep getting suspended, maybe it's time to stop blaming the refs, and start looking at the way this team is playing. Every player wants to make the big hit, but it doesn't do the team any good if it costs them a 5 minute penalty.

Again this is international hockey, not North American. The way they're calling it should not surprise anyone. Welcome to the World Juniors.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#825 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

YES Cze won against Finland, love a good upset. That group is going to have a dog fight coming into the quarters.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#826 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,079 posts

Because as an analyst his job is to be objective. If you actually listen to him he is anything but that

I'll take him over Pierre McGuire any day. At least he'll shut up when Gord calls some crazy, amazing possibly-best-world-junior-play-ever instead of ruining it.

aXmDa9t.gif

#827 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,194 posts

So I will back off the charging a bit but I do stand by that he was in a vulnerable position and he should have held up, you just can't do stuff like that, Camara's only intent there was to hurt the guy.

He also clearly had the puck.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#828 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Oh for pete's sake.

It's the truth though. Canadian hockey as a whole even a few years back was about hard work and humbleness. In the last couple of years it took a sudden turn to arrogance in interviews and a whole bunch of entitelement. Look at our olympic superstar right now in Crosby, and how he's acted and held himself, especially in the playoffs last year. It's not the same as it use to be.

#829 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

agree w mckenzie, not charging. there's incidental contact to head.

in fact, the reply shows he putting on the brakes.

The problem is that i don't think the refs put their arms up. And that there will always be contact to the head. Like i said, the first one was easier to swallow then the second one.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#830 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

Or maybe he should have his head up but seems like these kids today forget about that its there to prevent injuries there is no need to be watching the puck

#831 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

It's the truth though. Canadian hockey as a whole even a few years back was about hard work and humbleness. In the last couple of years it took a sudden turn to arrogance in interviews and a whole bunch of entitelement. Look at our olympic superstar right now in Crosby, and how he's acted and held himself, especially in the playoffs last year. It's not the same as it use to be.

Oh really?

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

#832 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

I disagree, I've heard alot worse.

(Watching the Boston/Vancouver Jan 10th game on the Nesn feed makes this seem like nothing)

Obviously he informs more on the Canadians side and gives a Canadian point of view (He has to it's a TSN broadcast) but he doesn't balantly ignore when we dive, play bad or do cheap things, and he doesn't paint the Slovak's in a bad light, so I have no issue with it.

zackass.png

#833 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

The shoulder to head was more follow-through IMO -- on the initial contact, Camara kept everything down but Luza was crouched down. But anyhoo, the point is moot. The call's been made...

I agree that it was after the fact, but international rules have always been super stingy with regards to anything making contact to the head. The injury was just the icing on the cake. Camara was just unfortunate the end result looked gruesome.

#834 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

I'll take him over Pierre McGuire any day. At least he'll shut up when Gord calls some crazy, amazing possibly-best-world-junior-play-ever instead of ruining it.

Nooo Pierre was what made the games hilarious and memorable!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WotDeGtaScs
Posted Image

#835 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Feel bad for that Slovak that got knocked out. Other than that great game, so much happening.

#836 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Or maybe he should have his head up but seems like these kids today forget about that its there to prevent injuries there is no need to be watching the puck

Like to me it wasn't really about the Slovak player with his head down. Cause maybe he had to take a quick look down and such. The refs actually didn't make the call when the hit happened. It seem like they were waiting for how serious the injury was before making a decision.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

#837 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

Still doesn't make it a penalty according to the rule book.

Also the boring stalkerish trivia about the players' personal lives.

#838 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

If he lets up and does not make the hit, he catches hell. If a player is looking backwards (suicide pass-esque) and has the puck, it is a bad hockey play not to make that hit. I also doubt he was looking to intentionally injure Luza. If he were to look to injure him, he would have left his feet, thrown an elbow, etc.

If you look at it as a hockey play, he should have made that check.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#839 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

This is a freaking good game.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#840 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,150 posts

I agree that it was after the fact, but international rules have always been super stingy with regards to anything making contact to the head. The injury was just the icing on the cake. Camara was just unfortunate the end result looked gruesome.

I think the rule is on the initial contact but i could be wrong.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.