2774 replies to this topic

#61 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

Too bad since the Canucks are terrible at drafting there is no single Vancouver prospect this year.

Frank Corrado and Brendan Gaunce have a chance at the team but there would have to be some injuries for them to make it
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#62 kacvan

kacvan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Finally hockey I can look forward too!! Canada is going to have a stacked team this year! like they did in 04-05!
Posted Image

Keep The Faith The Canucks Will Win!!

#63 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Canada to announce their roster for selection camp today at 9:30am PST. You can watch it on TSN.ca apparently.

http://www.tsn.ca/wo...tory/?id=410842

#64 BabychStache

BabychStache

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

I watched Shinkaruk last night live. Wow, he is the real deal. Entering the zone over and over at top speed. Filthy dangles, great shot. Shootout winner.

Really strong on the puck, not bad defensively, but in a close game he was sent out to score. Enough grit as well to survive. He had Yaworski (6-4 205lbs) from Brandon all over him last night and won the corner battles consistently.

Really hope he can make the team. Easily a top 10 pick in the draft.
Posted Image
Credit to Goaltenderinterference for the awesome Sig!

#65 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

I really hope that Morgan Rielly doesn't get to do very many more interviews. He must've said "uhh you know" 20 times in that short interview.
Posted Image

#66 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,581 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Attaboy Corrado, making the selection camp is the first step.

#67 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Wow Gaunce didn't even make the selection camp roster.
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#68 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Wow Gaunce didn't even make the selection camp roster.

Not really a surprise, he hasn't played all that great this year due to his injury, and most of the names of the players that were invited have been extremely impressive this year.
Only guys I could have seen him getting in over were Beauvillier and Camara, and I don't think either of them will make the team in the end anyways.
Posted Image

#69 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Not really a surprise, he hasn't played all that great this year due to his injury, and most of the names of the players that were invited have been extremely impressive this year.
Only guys I could have seen him getting in over were Beauvillier and Camara, and I don't think either of them will make the team in the end anyways.

Not to mention it's a lockout year.
Posted Image

#70 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,355 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Too bad since the Canucks are terrible at drafting there is no single Vancouver prospect this year.

Frankie Corrado says hi.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#71 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

we better balance the team with some hard hitting guys. in the subway series everytime we were out hitting them, we were in control. everytime we stopped hitting, the russians took over. the same thing can be said about every world juniors ive ever watched... imo if we completely dominate in the physical department, we cant lose.

i really hope that ewanyk is healthy and gets a look

#72 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,581 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

we better balance the team with some hard hitting guys. in the subway series everytime we were out hitting them, we were in control. everytime we stopped hitting, the russians took over. the same thing can be said about every world juniors ive ever watched... imo if we completely dominate in the physical department, we cant lose.

he's not on the selection camp roster.

#73 JHansenFan

JHansenFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

I think Morgan Reilly will make the team over Dumba tbh. Also I think Jenner will be on the third liner and Mackinnion will get a top Six role. Rest of the lineup looks good.

Edit: I'm blind haha sorry. I don't like Dumba as much. Not because he's not a good player, but I'm not the biggest fan of him

Edited by JHansenFan, 03 December 2012 - 02:56 PM.

Posted Image
Sick Sig Made By: allons-y

#74 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

I hope Hopkins can play. It would be interesting to see how well he would do in this tournament.

#75 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Am I the first to post this?

NUGENT-HOPKINS AMONG INVITEES FOR CANADA'S WJHC CAMP

Team Canada's quest for gold began Monday with the announcement of its selection camp roster for the 2013 World Junior Hockey Championship.
Thirty-seven of Canada's top junior-aged players have been invited to take part, including returnees Dougie Hamilton, Scott Harrington, Jonathan Huberdeau, Boone Jenner, Mark Scheifele and Ryan Strome.

Other invitees include Edmonton Oilers centre Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and 2013 NHL draft prospects Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin of the Halifax Mooseheads. Nugent-Hopkins, who is playing with the AHL's Oklahoma City Barons during the NHL lockout, was among the last nine players cut from Hockey Canada's 2010 World Junior camp.

He is in Edmonton having his shoulder examined, but is expected to join the Canadian team. "It is contingent on his health. At this point I think (the examination) is precautionary," said Scott Salmond, Hockey Canada's senior director of operations. "He played on the weekend and flew in so I think it was always in the plans. Our thoughts is he'll be here on the 10th of December ready to roll."

Click here (http://www.tsn.ca/wo...ature/?id=81742) for the full selection camp roster.

MacKinnon and Drouin aren't the only players representing the next NHL draft class, as Ottawa 67's forward Sean Monahan, Kamloops's J.C. Lipon and Hunter Shinkaruk of the WHL's Medicine Hat Tigers will be attending camp as well.

Other players up front include Rimouski's Francis Beauvillier, Anthony Camara of the Barrie Colts, Owen Sound's Daniel Catenacci, Victoriaville's Phillip Danault, Ottawa forward Tyler Graovac, Charles Hudon of Chicoutimi, Prince Albert's Mark McNeill, Portland's Ty Rattie, Brett Ritchie and Colton Sissons of the Niagara IceDogs and Plymouth Whalers winger Tom Wilson.

On defence, Mathew Dumba - who was cut from last year's World Junior team - will get another shot, along with Carolina Hurricanes prospect Ryan Murphy of the Kitchener Rangers. Everett Silvertips defenceman Ryan Murray, who played on last year's squad, is unavailable due to an injury.

Also on the blue line are Frank Corrado of the Sudbury Wolves, Blainville-Boisbriand's Xavier Ouellet, Adam Pelech of the Erie Otters, Portland's Tyler Wotherspoon and Derrick Pouliot, Griffin Reinhart of the Edmonton Oil Kings, Moose Jaw Warriors defenceman Morgan Rielly and Ryan Sproul of the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds.

There will be four new faces battling for jobs in goal, including Boston Bruins first-rounder Malcolm Subban of the OHL's Belleville Bulls, Jake Peterson of the Saginaw Spirit, Jordan Binnington of the Owen Sound Platers and Edmonton Oil Kings netminder Laurent Brossoit.

In total, 31 of the players named to the selection camp roster were drafted in either the 2011 or 2012 NHL Entry Drafts, including 14 first-round selections and eight second-round picks.

Camp begins next Monday in Calgary. Canada's National Junior Team will be finalized on Thursday, Dec. 13 and will depart for Europe on Dec. 15 to play two pre-competition games in Helsinki prior to the 2013 World Junior Championship.

Canada will play its first game of the 2013 IIHF World Junior Championship in Ufa, Russia on Boxing Day against Finland at 4am et/1am pt, a game that will be broadcast live on TSN.

Canada has medalled at 14 consecutive World Junior Championships, including gold medal performances in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009, silver medals in 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010 and 2011 and bronze medals in 2000, 2001 and 2012.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#76 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Defense is going to be a strong suit for Canada this year for sure. They sent the invite to -
Frank Corrado, Toronto, Sudbury (OHL), Vancouver
Mathew Dumba, Calgary, Red Deer (WHL), Minnesota
Dougie Hamilton*, Toronto, Niagara (OHL), Boston
Scott Harrington*, Kingston, Ont., London (OHL), Pittsburgh
Ryan Murphy, Aurora, Ont., Kitchener (OHL), Carolina
Xavier Ouellet, Terrebonne, Que., Blainville-Boisbriand (QMJHL), Detroit
Adam Pelech, Toronto, Erie (OHL), N.Y. Islanders
Derrick Pouliot, Weyburn, Sask., Portland (WHL), Pittsburgh
Griffin Reinhart, West Vancouver, B.C., Edmonton (WHL), N.Y. Islanders
Morgan Rielly, West Vancouver, B.C., Moose Jaw (WHL), Toronto
Ryan Sproul, Mississauga, Ont., Sault Ste. Marie (OHL), Detroit
Tyler Wotherspoon, Burnaby, B.C., Portland (WHL), Calgary

This is a really deep pool of d-men.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#77 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Difference is, the actual Canadian team going to Russia is going to be STACKED. Even if we don't play physically, the amount of scoring and fire power we have with the forwards is amazing. We have a PPG NHL player as our 1st line center....and 4-6 guys who could EASILY be playing in the NHL if no lock out.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#78 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Difference is, the actual Canadian team going to Russia is going to be STACKED. Even if we don't play physically, the amount of scoring and fire power we have with the forwards is amazing. We have a PPG NHL player as our 1st line center....and 4-6 guys who could EASILY be playing in the NHL if no lock out.

I 100% disagree with where your going with this.. The Russians are going to be so jacked up for this tournament and have 2 goalies we have trouble beating. If vasilevski is at the top of his game we could be in serious trouble even with RNH, who also just said he hasn't felt 100% lately. We always have a stacked team and yes I do agree this team is a lot more hopeful than previous years, but the 2 big reasons we lose everytime IMO are... 1. We stop hitting and underestimate our opponents desire to not only win, but beat the Canadians(who think they're the best). That gives them a more fearless mentality when they aren't looking over their shoulders and making mistakes.. 2. our goaltending always seems to be a question mark. If this turns into a goaltending battle you wouldn't be stupid putting your money on Vasilevski to steal the game from us...

I'm not trying to be King of ES or nothing I'm just saying our key to domination is in the physical department. No doubt we have the skill to win but if we're hammering the rest of the world for 60 mins every game, it's going to lessen their scoring chances and increase ours.

I can assure you this tourny will be no cakewalk

#79 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Jon Gillies will be the starting goalie for USA for this tournament, good goalie, too bad he is Flames property.

#80 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,460 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Ritchie-Strome-Rattie
Drouin-Jenner-MacKinnon
McNeill-Danault-Wilson
Sissons

Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellett
Reinhart-Murphy/Sproul/Dumba <---- Only one of these players and my choice is in this order
Pelech <--- provides a punishing factor for games that need it

Subban
Brossoit

Edited by theminister, 03 December 2012 - 07:37 PM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#81 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

I'm surprised Ceci, Siemens and Percy didn't get an invite. Then again, Canada looks to be stacked on D this year.
Posted Image

#82 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

I'm surprised Ceci, Siemens and Percy didn't get an invite. Then again, Canada looks to be stacked on D this year.

Canada has so much depth in D, it will be a strong suit for the team.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#83 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Which goes to show you just how good Corrado is that he got an invite. Not bad for a 150th overall draft pick.
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

#84 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

I 100% disagree with where your going with this.. The Russians are going to be so jacked up for this tournament and have 2 goalies we have trouble beating. If vasilevski is at the top of his game we could be in serious trouble even with RNH, who also just said he hasn't felt 100% lately. We always have a stacked team and yes I do agree this team is a lot more hopeful than previous years, but the 2 big reasons we lose everytime IMO are... 1. We stop hitting and underestimate our opponents desire to not only win, but beat the Canadians(who think they're the best). That gives them a more fearless mentality when they aren't looking over their shoulders and making mistakes.. 2. our goaltending always seems to be a question mark. If this turns into a goaltending battle you wouldn't be stupid putting your money on Vasilevski to steal the game from us...

I'm not trying to be King of ES or nothing I'm just saying our key to domination is in the physical department. No doubt we have the skill to win but if we're hammering the rest of the world for 60 mins every game, it's going to lessen their scoring chances and increase ours.

I can assure you this tourny will be no cakewalk

You're right, we look absolutely awesome on paper every year.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#85 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Anyone know who will make the Sweddish team? Aren't Landeskog and Larsson still elligble?  Any chance they will play?  What about Zibanejad?  If  those 3 players are able to and decide to play Sweden could be hard to beat? Edit- just checked both Larsson and Landeskog are 20 already even though they were drafted in the same year as RNH.  Nice break for Canada, bad break for Sweden.

Edited by Langdon Algur, 04 December 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#86 BabychStache

BabychStache

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Heard on NHL home ice radio that Ottawa will not allow Zibanejad to go to the WJHC.

Thats crap, if he wants to go, let him go.
Posted Image
Credit to Goaltenderinterference for the awesome Sig!

#87 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Heard on NHL home ice radio that Ottawa will not allow Zibanejad to go to the WJHC.

Thats crap, if he wants to go, let him go.

Wow, can they even do that in a lock out year?

#88 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,581 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Wow, can they even do that in a lock out year?

it's their choice to let their prospect play.if they want to handicap the swedish team for the good of canada, so be it.

#89 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Sweden will not be a contender with Zibanejad, Brodin, and Klefbom out. Finland takes a step back as Granlund is too old. If there's a sleeper team, I think the Czechs could surprise some people with Musil, Frk, Hertl, and Faksa. USA looks solid with Jones, Skjei, Trouba, Miller, Biggs, Galchenyuk, Matteau, and Gibson between the pipes. Russia looks good as always with two solid goaltenders in Vasilevski and Makarov. Throw in Grigorenko, Zlobin, Yakupov, Khokhlachev, and Zharkov, looks pretty good to me. But no Kuznetzov or Tarasenko will hurt a bit.
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#90 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

it's their choice to let their prospect play.if they want to handicap the swedish team for the good of canada, so be it.

If that was the reason.............it sucks and it makes the Canadians look bad.
It's like a Brazilian football club denying Portugal a player in the World Cup. If you claim and believe you're the best why should it matter who plays against you.
Kevin.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.