2774 replies to this topic

#901 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

I came to conclusion that Subban is just a poormans Hasek.

I was going to actually bring up Hasek with his random play, but he doesn't flop. He's like if Hasek was unorthodox with the butterfly style instead of flopping around. It's actually entertaining to watch, he's always doing something weird whenever you see him on camera. Every other rush he's doing something off.

#902 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Sphincter

• Members
  • 5,671 posts

yes he did.

I'm not taking sides here, but the puck was in Luza's feet at the moment Camara hit him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV9V3TMGGQE

That was a split-second after Luza touched the puck, though, so it shouldn't technically be considered interference.

Edited by Brad Marchand, 28 December 2012 - 04:44 AM.

Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#903 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,928 posts

Camara looks like Jeff Tambellini

wtf?

Can someone explain to me why McNeil is so bald?

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#904 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,377 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

Where is the puck? On his tape or in his feet?

The player touched the puck with his stick before the hit.

Either you need some sleep or you're just being an ignorant troll

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#905 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Wrong. For it to be attempt to injure it actually has to be an illegal play. A clean hit is a clean hit, it doesn't matter what you're thinking in your head at the time.

Here's a common situation: a player from Team A makes a dirty hit. Team B wants revenge. What do people say? "Make him pay with a hard clean hit". You could say that they are intending to hurt this player, but still doing it illegal. This is generally accepted as a way to get revenge in a fair way.

If Camara doesn't make the hit, Luza likely carries the puck out of the zone. Camara was finishing his check in order to prevent a breakout. Therefore it was strategic hockey play. If it was intent to injure, he could have lifted his elbows or perhaps taken more strides to crush Luza.

You make good points, it's debatable, he still could have made the exact same play if he had held up, or pinned him up against the boards.

He didn't have control so he wasn't in a stance of strength, if he had held up a bit he still could have hit him hard and knocked him down.

zackass.png

#906 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,935 posts

I know it is hard sometimes. Lol

Pretty good game though. What u think.

Yea, it's been an interesting one for sure.

Glad to see Canada get challenged a bit, not only skill-wise, but physically too.

Things got a little silly in the second, but obviously Canada's skill has just taken over now though.

Edited by DeNiro, 28 December 2012 - 04:43 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#907 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

wtf how can there be an icing call if this is a PP....
Posted Image

#908 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,108 posts

Another swell call...

Keswho.jpg

#909 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,621 posts

I know it is hard sometimes. Lol

Pretty good game though. What u think.

A third guy jumping in here. Survived two majors (kind of). Currently leading 6 - 3? Not bad.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#910 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Canada lives and dies with their PP to make up for the bad defense. Russia, Finland, or US with disciplined play would probably beat us.

It's unfortunate for Slovakia that Nagy was having a bad game from the start.

Alright then.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#911 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,432 posts

yes he did. I looked at the replay twice in slow mo. He had it.

Where in his skates or on his tape? Was he looking to grab the puck (which explains why he head was down) or was he looking to make the pass since he "had control"

Camara could have let up, and still knocked him down or rubbed him out or pinned him up and still could have got the puck away from him.

zackass.png

#912 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Where is the puck? On his tape or in his feet?

Puck was on his tape, Luza fumbled it for a sec. You're allowed to the body in that situation. You can still play the puck with your skates by kicking it etc. Even if had had chipped the puck away, it was still a split second between loss of the puck and the hit, well under the limit for interference and probably not enough to for Camara to react especially when he already committed to the hit when he saw Luza get the puck.

#913 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

Yea, it's been an interesting one for sure.

Glad to see Canada get challenged a bit, not only skill-wise, but physically too.

Obviously Canada's skill has just taken over now though.

Yeah the Slovaks have been running around, the Canadians have just stuck to there game skillwise, there skating well now and it has worked out well for them, hopefully they can take this part of there game into the next game.

zackass.png

#914 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

Feel so bad for Nagy. He's just having brutal luck following the puck. Went off his chest and he looked the wrong way for like five seconds when the puck went right up the middle. Just not his game.

#915 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

Puck was on his tape, Luza fumbled it for a sec. You're allowed to the body in that situation. You can still play the puck with your skates by kicking it etc. Even if had had chipped the puck away, it was still a split second between loss of the puck and the hit, well under the limit for interference and probably not enough to for Camara to react especially when he already committed to the hit when he saw Luza get the puck.

The player touched the puck with his stick before the hit.

Either you need some sleep or you're just being an ignorant troll

He touched it with his stick, great. Did he have control or was it in his feet.

Esten makes some great points, and now that I look at it in that light I agree he was already committed to the hit, and he still could have made the hit, he could have just held up a bit and still knocked him down. there was just no reason to go full out like that when he was vulerable, other than that he wanted to hit him like that and hurt him.

I'm not taking sides here, but the puck was in Luza's feet at the moment Camara hit him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV9V3TMGGQE

This shows that he wasn't in control of the puck, had Camara held up a bit and hit him with a bit less force he could have a made a nice hit and avoided this entire mess, but he wanted to crush him and hurt him.

Should have held up.

zackass.png

#916 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

A third guy jumping in here. Survived two majors (kind of). Currently leading 6 - 3? Not bad.

not bat at all Monteeun, at the end of 1st B Mac talking nonsense about Rielly, told my buddy he's talking nonsense, at the end of 2nd Mac singing Rielly's praises. lol

#917 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

MacKinnon and Drouin reunited = amazing.
Posted Image

#918 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

Feel so bad for Nagy. He's just having brutal luck following the puck. Went off his chest and he looked the wrong way for like five seconds when the puck went right up the middle. Just not his game.

Yeah I agree, overall the Slovaks haven't been bad, Nagy just got rattled and lost the composure he showed against the Russians.

I few poor defensive plays and he was rattled and off his game, just not his night, overall a good effort from the Slovaks though. Dano has really been impressive to me.

zackass.png

#919 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,928 posts

Pretty sure we just slayed the Slovakian development program.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#920 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Not seeing a game breaker in MacKinnon yet, but I have seen some good flashes.

He's still only 17 too.

Edited by DeNiro, 28 December 2012 - 04:50 AM.

Posted Image

#921 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

Nice character win. Not always in good character, but rallying ater two major penalties is nothing to be looked over.
Posted Image

#922 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,962 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

He touched it with his stick, great. Did he have control or was it in his feet.

Esten makes some great points, and now that I look at it in that light I agree he was already committed to the hit, and he still could have made the hit, he could have just held up a bit and still knocked him down. there was just no reason to go full out like that when he was vulerable, other than that he wanted to hit him like that and hurt him.

This shows that he wasn't in control of the puck, had Camara held up a bit and hit him with a bit less force he could have a made a nice hit and avoided this entire mess, but he wanted to crush him and hurt him.

Should have held up.

I think you are being pedantic.

When someone says "he had the puck" it means that he had control of it at a time short enough before the hit.. If the player bobbles the puck or passes it doesn't matter if it is within a fraction of a second.

I'll say it again. The player had the puck.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#923 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

I've seen women better built than these 'soldiers', buncha twigs.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#924 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

Bad defense, good powerplay turned things around. Slovakia had goaltending issues too. 4 goals in 10 shots when you have a 2-0 lead is pretty brutal.

Need to play better five on five or USA and Russia will make them pay. Can't count on the powerplay like that against better teams. Good response, but I'm not sold quite yet. The offense took all the pressure off the goalie and the defense after the first.

#925 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

Like Ferraro said, Scheifele played a "man's game" :lol:
Posted Image

#926 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

Lets just agree to disagree on the hit, we all have or thoughts and were entitled to them.

It was a great game and once Canada smartened up defensively and stuck to there game they took over and played like they should have.

Dano and Schefiele both were great.

Can't wait for USA/Russia, anyone else staying up to watch?

zackass.png

#927 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Random note. Must be cold as crap in Russia right now. Most of the players including Subban looked like they didn't even break much of a sweat. Weird seeing most of their hair dry when you look at hockey in NA and they look soaked after.

#928 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

I think you are being pedantic.

When someone says "he had the puck" it means that he had control of it at a time short enough before the hit.. If the player bobbles the puck or passes it doesn't matter if it is within a fraction of a second.

I'll say it again. The player had the puck.

Camara still could have held up and just stood him up rather than exploding through the hit like he did, he still would have knocked him over and got the puck and we would have avoided this entire mess.

Let's just agree to disagree though, I don't really want to argue about this any longer, we both have our own opinions and we are entitled to that.

zackass.png

#929 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

Lets just agree to disagree on the hit, we all have or thoughts and were entitled to them.

It was a great game and once Canada smartened up defensively and stuck to there game they took over and played like they should have.

Dano and Schefiele both were great.

Can't wait for USA/Russia, anyone else staying up to watch?

Yea, there's gonna be people that think it was clean, and people that think it was dirty. Bottom line is, it was called. And the refs don't have the benefit of watching a replay like we do. They have to call it in a split second.

That's two players that have had their world juniors ended because of a Canadian hit. I really don't feel bad if they get suspensions because of it.

I hope Canada goes with Binnington next game though. I don't know if Subban can take them the whole way.

I think I'll have to watch the replay of the USA/Russia game.

Posted Image

#930 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

Should have held up.

He could have and it may have been smarter to do so, just trying to point out he didn't have to under the rules. In my experience it doesn't matter if the player has full control or not in terms of interference, you can still make a play with just a brief touch. Maybe if Camara let's up, Luza doesn't get spooked and manages to chip the puck up the boards or make a pass, who knows.

Anyways I feel I've made all the points I need to and I'll leave it there. Still disappointed by Canada's play. I'll give them credit for sticking with it and taking over the game, but I would have preferred a full 60 minute effort. While I think Camara's hit was clean, discipline still seems to be an issue. For example the first major penalty was clearly dirty. Time for Canada be more focused.

Edited by etsen3, 28 December 2012 - 05:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.