Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

5 points on Team Canada
1. Camara's hit was clean. ONLY got a penalty because the Slovak got injured
2. Lupin will probably get one game (why is he even on this team?)
3. Oulett is looking like our best d-man
4. We need to get Nathan Mackinnon going (he can be a game changer)
5. Subban looks like he can hold a lead albeit he starts games badly.

#962 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,361 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

This shows that he wasn't in control of the puck, had Camara held up a bit and hit him with a bit less force he could have a made a nice hit and avoided this entire mess, but he wanted to crush him and hurt him.

Should have held up.

He doesn't need to be in control of the puck. The only thing you could be arguing would be interference but he had possession of the puck by rule. http://www.iihf.com/...0_September.pdf

Interference
1. This rule applies to any interference action, such as knocking a stick out of an opponents hands and preventing a player who lost his stick to regain possession.
2. The last player to touch the puck, other than a goalkeeper, shall be considered as in possession of the puck.
3. If an attacking player stands in the goal crease, without interfering with the goalkee- per, the Referee shall stop the play and the ensuing face-off shall take place at the nearest face-off spot in the neutral zone.

Also while we're at it point 3 proves Slovakia's first goal should have been disallowed.

aXmDa9t.gif

#963 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Canada needs to stop diving all over the place. You're not the Bruins, stay on your feet.

#964 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

I honestly don't see us winning gold this year.

Gotta stop these slow starts you can get away with against Germany and Slovakia but once we start playing teams like the US/Russia/Sweden etc we're going to get raped

Edited by Primus099, 28 December 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#965 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,206 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV9V3TMGGQE

IMO, this is an absolutely gorgeous hit. Terrible to see Luza get hurt and I hope he is okay, but an injury can occur on a clean play. This is an example.
It was not charging, he glided into the hit and he stayed on his feet.
Lipons hit was dirty. Jenners hit was dirty. Camaras hit was not dirty.

Seems like this hit turned the tide in Canada's favour though, despite allowing a goal on the PK, they really picked up their game after this. However, we are not looking good. It really looks like we will be in tough against Russia and the USA.

That's what happens when you skate with your head down. Keep your head up kid and that hit doesn't happen. Vicious, but not dirty in any way.

#966 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

That was an incredible game.

Ugh, I fell asleep and there's no re-broadcast. How did Trouba look? I see he got player of the game, is that because he scored their only goal or was he legitimately the best player for team USA?

#967 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

That's what happens when you skate with your head down. Keep your head up kid and that hit doesn't happen. Vicious, but not dirty in any way.

Soft reffing, not worth a suspension, not even worth two minuets, but what else would you expect from the IIHF?

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#968 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Soft reffing, not worth a suspension, not even worth two minuets, but what else would you expect from the IIHF?

Camara was especially choked because the ref didn't put his hand up to signify a penalty. Doubtful he would get off scott free, Camara stayed on the ice, then asked the ref what he thought and the ref said it was clean. Then a minute later he's out for the game.

Also has anyone noticed how bad the offside calls are from the IIHF? I saw numerous missed offside calls in our game and then in the US game, a Russian player turned to receive a pass, skated backwards into the offensive zone, then turned around and had a breakaway.

Keswho.jpg

#969 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Camara was especially choked because the ref didn't put his hand up to signify a penalty. Doubtful he would get off scott free, Camara stayed on the ice, then asked the ref what he thought and the ref said it was clean. Then a minute later he's out for the game.

Also has anyone noticed how bad the offside calls are from the IIHF? I saw numerous missed offside calls in our game and then in the US game, a Russian player turned to receive a pass, skated backwards into the offensive zone, then turned around and had a breakaway.

That's the right call, you can enter the zone before the puck if you are in possession of it.

#970 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Anyone who watched the USA-RUS game, how has Seth Jones looked? I haven't watched any of the USA's games, but from the highlights I've seen, he hasn't looked the greatest. He got beat on the second goal, and also did to set up that breakaway. But from what I have seen, Jacob Trouba has looked really good.

#971 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Also, wondering what Ryan Murphy's TOI is? I can't find it anywhere, anyone who's watched the games closer have a ball park? Curious because he's the only defenseman without a point.

Edited by mrsasaki, 28 December 2012 - 03:13 PM.

#972 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Anyone who watched the USA-RUS game, how has Seth Jones looked? I haven't watched any of the USA's games, but from the highlights I've seen, he hasn't looked the greatest. He got beat on the second goal, and also did to set up that breakaway. But from what I have seen, Jacob Trouba has looked really good.

Trouba has been the their best Dman player, no doubt.

Edited by Sven Baertschi, 28 December 2012 - 03:21 PM.

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#973 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,481 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Ugh, I fell asleep and there's no re-broadcast. How did Trouba look? I see he got player of the game, is that because he scored their only goal or was he legitimately the best player for team USA?

He was pretty good, I thought Gibson was there best but for skaters Trouba was.

zackass.png

#974 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Trouba has been the their best Dman player, no doubt.

He was pretty good, I thought Gibson was there best but for skaters Trouba was.

Happy to hear! The future's looking better and better for the Jets every day.

#975 TheNational Pro

TheNational Pro

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Check out my video's on youtube at - http://www.youtube.c...ser/NationalPro

#976 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy8W1sDI5Ms&feature=youtu.be

Haha, he was even worse during the pre-season interviews. I think this is him toning it down.

#977 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,143 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

307mg00.jpg

#978 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

The Russia vs USA was a pretty good game but I would have liked to see more goals. Both goalies played really well. The US top line so far hasn't been anywhere near as good as Canada's like TSN were trying to claim. If Slovakia beat Germany and Canada beat the US the the US will be playing for there lives in their game against Slovakia.

Can't wait for the US vs. Canada game, I hope they get a good fan turnout to give it some atmosphere.

#979 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Canada needs to stop diving all over the place. You're not the Bruins, stay on your feet.

Bruins? Uhh.....Kesler, Burrows?

Plus Canada understands that dives/embellishment will be called in their favor and pretty much every team in this tournament is diving. Might as well take advantage of it if reffing is a joke.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#980 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Will probably sound like a homer, but IMO the reffing was to blame for the hits and suspensions.

Early on the Slovaks were getting away with a bit too much which lead to Canada responding. As soon as Canada responded, the hits were now called and people started to get hurt.

The diving was because little was getting called. Just seemed a little biased IMO.

#4 Reilly has a wicked pass. Good to see him get a goal. Camara seemed to have executed that massive hit in response to the targeting of Sheifle (SP, Lazy yes). They got what they were asking for with respect to that.

Edited by Navyblue, 28 December 2012 - 06:02 PM.

Posted Image

#981 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

That's the worst part, being told you did nothing wrong then a minute later you're being chucked from the game.

I would have been livid.

That's the right call, you can enter the zone before the puck if you are in possession of it.

I don't know international rules but in NA hokey the puck has to be the first thing over the blueline.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 28 December 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#982 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,143 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

@TSNBobMcKenzie
Under the circumstances, some truly amazing ratings for CAN-GER game on TSN on Boxing Day (Dec. 26).

307mg00.jpg

#983 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

The Canadian squad, already missing forward Boone Jenner who served the second game of a three-game suspension, could potentially have 11 forwards for their game against the U.S. if Lipon is handed a suspension. His hearing with the IIHF's two-man committee is scheduled for 10pm et tonight.

The IIHF indicated after the game that there will be no supplementary discipline review for Camara.

(From the first page story in the WJ section on TSN.ca)

Edited by Rypien37, 28 December 2012 - 09:33 PM.

Posted Image

#984 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Bruins? Uhh.....Kesler, Burrows?

Plus Canada understands that dives/embellishment will be called in their favor and pretty much every team in this tournament is diving. Might as well take advantage of it if reffing is a joke.

Was thinking more Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci, Kelly, Paille, Ference.

Bolded Comment: It doesn't matter. Diving is Cheating.

#985 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

This hit was a beauty. I can't believe, or understand why he was given a 5 and game for it. Was there some sort of explanation for why he was given the penalty?
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#986 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,211 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy8W1sDI5Ms&feature=youtu.be

You know uh, its gotta be hard thinking of an answer so quickly and you know uh, he's got to be tired after playing such a great game and you know uh, I thought he handled himself really well and you know uh, he did a great job composing himself during that interview you know uh, I thought he was a really well spoken individual you know, seems really honoured to be representing Canada.
You know, all hail Mark Scheifele the you know uh, King of the Hosers.

Edited by Jägermeister, 28 December 2012 - 07:59 PM.

Jagermeister.jpg

#987 pibroch

pibroch

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

On the Luza hit; looks like he got hit in the head, so...suspension...

#988 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

This hit was a beauty. I can't believe, or understand why he was given a 5 and game for it. Was there some sort of explanation for why he was given the penalty?

No explanation as far as I know.

I tell you man, IIHF officiating make current NHL officiating look perfect.

#989 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

No explanation as far as I know. I tell you man, IIHF officiating make current NHL officiating look perfect.

You're not kidding. The officiating has been brutal so far. I heard the USA - RUS game's officiating was terrible also.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#990 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Was thinking more Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci, Kelly, Paille, Ference.

Bolded Comment: It doesn't matter. Diving is Cheating.

Are you actually going to argue that the Canuck's are a lesser team when it comes to diving? C'mon man....

But yeah of course it is cheating. However, in a big game against the Russians, who will obviously do the same, it is a make or break situation. The players have to adapt some how to this horrendous system of reffing know as the WJHC.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.