2774 replies to this topic

#1021 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Camara's hit, although not "clean", was within the rules. The Slovak had his head down. There's going to be incidental contact. He did not target the head. Yes there is responsibility on the hitter, but the player receiving the hit needs to be aware of his surroundings, know who is on the ice and brace himself for a potential hit.

The Lipon hit was dirty and a one game suspension is fair. Unlike Camara, Lipon left his feet, hit high, got his arms up and targeted the head.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#1022 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Anyone else see Camara saying "you're next" to the Slovaks going after him after the hit was made. Seems like a quiet guy, but intimidating, also kid looks like hes 30 not 19.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#1023 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

He was never going to let up, that's obvious. he wanted to do that and did it, he shouldn't have. But still he didn't want to let up and he didn't.

And putting all that aside because it has been done to death but your comment about knee on knee hits and the slovakias being dirty and stuff is kind of interesting.

There was only one play that one could think of as dirty, the knee on knee which honestly I don't think was an intentional knee on knee, & aside from that they didn't do anything dirty, the other incident with Schefiele that you might be thinking of wasn't a dirty play, the Canadian shot it from the point, the Slovakian and Schefiele both moved and reacted to the shot, Schefiele was turning akwardly and the Slovakian pushed him but honestly it was also a bit of Schefiele running into him, he lost his balance and feel akwardly, I don't see how it was dirty at all Schefiele just ran into him. and I didn't see any other dirty plays myself, so I don't really buy that it was the refs fault for the Luza thing or that you can justify him not holding up with the "getting someone back" excuse cause there wasn't anything to get back for.

(And also to back up that Slovakia isn't a dirty team, I watch the entire game against Russia and the Russian were some dirty & careless things and the Slovaks never did anything back, they never got caught up in that stuff, they just stayed resiliant and stuck to there game.)

And even if you think that hit was a knee on knee hit (Which if you watch I don't think it was, the Slovak was turning before he was close to Schefiele just could move fast enough, the camera angle on TSN is akward and tough to judge with 100% positivity but he didn't stick out his knee IMO), Lipon had already given that other guy a pretty nice headshot as retribution.

Edit: And if you think there was any other dirty plays aside from that then let me know.

Schefiele took 3 knee on knee hits himself. They tried it on Nuge but missed a couple times. Beyond that were tons of high sticks and late hits behind the play. It was not an isolated incident that led to Lipon's hit and, despite his major, Canada still feeling they needed to make more serious hits. Refs weren't doing their job.

Also for other examples of refs (and linesmen) being crap, check out goal 6 in the RUS v GER game. A Russian makes a pass from behind his blue line to 2 Russians entering the offensive zone. They would have been offside even if they received the pass because of their positions but then a German player intercepts it and it bounces into the zone a bit. Russians retrieve it INSIDE the offensive zone and a goal results. These refs are amateurs.

#1024 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,247 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Anyone else see Camara saying "you're next" to the Slovaks going after him after the hit was made. Seems like a quiet guy, but intimidating, also kid looks like hes 30 not 19.

That's exactly what I thought of Mackinnon. Looks and sounds a lot older than just 17.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1025 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,198 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Schefiele took 3 knee on knee hits himself. They tried it on Nuge but missed a couple times. Beyond that were tons of high sticks and late hits behind the play. It was not an isolated incident that led to Lipon's hit and, despite his major, Canada still feeling they needed to make more serious hits. Refs weren't doing their job.

Also for other examples of refs (and linesmen) being crap, check out goal 6 in the RUS v GER game. A Russian makes a pass from behind his blue line to 2 Russians entering the offensive zone. They would have been offside even if they received the pass because of their positions but then a German player intercepts it and it bounces into the zone a bit. Russians retrieve it INSIDE the offensive zone and a goal results. These refs are amateurs.

They refs are bad but I still don't think the Slovakian team was actually that dirty, I don't recall those other instances.

And we were probably alot worse than they were, atleast they didn't dive.

I do agree the refs are terrible, there has already been like 2 or 3 goals that have been offside, hopefully they get better officiating for next year.

zackass.png

#1026 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

I can't believe you guys are still going on about the Camara hit, it was clean deal with it. At the time of the hit it absolutely warranted a penalty, but not a game misconduct. Camara is one of the guys we will need when we face the US.

Having said that, Camara is now one of my favourite players at the WJC, and I will look for him on the ice against USA. I just hate that he's a Boston pick.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1027 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,198 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Yeah I'm kinda done talking about it too, it's over.

Hopefully Canada's defense actually comes and plays well to start this game or the US are going to kill us with speed.

zackass.png

#1028 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,000 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Germany had 41 shots and still 7-0 against Russia. Wow.

307mg00.jpg

#1029 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,198 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Germany had 41 shots and still 7-0 against Russia. Wow.

Who played Makarov or Vasilevsky?

zackass.png

#1030 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Camara's hit shouldn't be up for discussion. 2 min minor charging at the very most.

The Lipon hit, I could see why it was a suspension. But I feel like it wouldn't be a suspension if it was against a Canadian, because he would've gotten right up from that. Nothing for the Slovak's knee-on-knees, I see.
Posted Image

#1031 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Since we are a forward short vs the Americans, I think Murphy should play up front. He is brutal defensively and after his mistake last game, was only on the ice for the PP.

Might as well put him on the 4th line and then on the blue line during the PP.
Posted Image

#1032 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,000 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Who played Makarov or Vasilevsky?

Vasilevski.

307mg00.jpg

#1033 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

So games on after midnight at 1:30 right?

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1034 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,198 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Vasilevski.

Makarov + Vasilevsky = Russia's version of Luongo + Schneider.

zackass.png

#1035 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

So games on after midnight at 1:30 right?

yup...4:30 for me!

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#1036 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Who will be up? I will. Gonna be a gooder.

#1037 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Camara's hit, although not "clean", was within the rules.

What the hell are you talking about here!?

The very definition if a "dirty" hit is a hit that goes against the rules. An illegal hit, a dirty hit.

Also a question to all the people upset about the hit: why do you watch hockey? Hockey is a violent sport, hits like this have been happining since the game began, hits like this are going to happen until the game gets outlawed.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 29 December 2012 - 09:33 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1038 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

yup...4:30 for me!

I feel sorry for you easterners. The games are at the awkward "too late to stay up for, but too early to wake up for" stage. Our of curiosity, which one do you do? Or do you just sleep before and after?

#1039 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

I feel sorry for you easterners. The games are at the awkward "too late to stay up for, but too early to wake up for" stage. Our of curiosity, which one do you do? Or do you just sleep before and after?

Or....PVR, watch when you want along with avoiding 2 hours of commercials?
Posted Image

#1040 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Commercials are not that bad during the WJ's

maybe a min or so between stoppages.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm1018201335

1190007304.png CDC STHS GM ||||| small.png CDCFL GM ||||| small.png EHL GM

#1041 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

I've been PVRing the games and then trying to avoid reading TSN tweets and this thread until after I've watched them. :)

Speaking of....the reffing is terrible!! And frankly seeming biased towards Russia as it seems far too often calls are missed (like the several obvious penalties in the 3rd against the US game) and iffy calls are too often made to give them power plays. I'd point to the tripping call against the US goalie Gibson as an example, but it wasn't iffy. It was just bull! Even in the Germany game I just finished watching the reffing wasn't great even though Germany didn't need any help losing. (Come on! Can the goalie get some D?!)
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#1042 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

I haven't been able to watch any because of my own hockey tourney :( games at 8 am all the time. We went 2-2, and I thought we were out, and was happy because I could actually watch a game. But no, some other team has to go out and lose, so another 6:30 wake up for me :(
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#1043 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,881 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

I haven't been able to watch any because of my own hockey tourney :( games at 8 am all the time. We went 2-2, and I thought we were out, and was happy because I could actually watch a game. But no, some other team has to go out and lose, so another 6:30 wake up for me :(

It's probably like that episode of South Park, where every team is trying to lose so they can stop playing.

That team just wanted to watch world juniors more than you. I guess you'll have to try harder.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1044 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Commercials are not that bad during the WJ's

maybe a min or so between stoppages.

So? Why go through them if it is avoidable?
Posted Image

#1045 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

I can't believe you guys are still going on about the Camara hit, it was clean deal with it. At the time of the hit it absolutely warranted a penalty, but not a game misconduct. Camara is one of the guys we will need when we face the US.

Having said that, Camara is now one of my favourite players at the WJC, and I will look for him on the ice against USA. I just hate that he's a Boston pick.

Here's the problem with that logic: by the rules, if a charge results in an injury, it's an automatic 5 and a game. So it's either not a penalty or 5 and a game misconduct.

#1046 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Why not just get up at 1 AM instead ?

#1047 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,040 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

lol...switzerland leads 2-0 after the 1st vs. finland

i wish germany could surprise in this way :wacko:

#1048 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

lol...switzerland leads 2-0 after the 1st vs. finland

i wish germany could surprise in this way :wacko:

So much for Finland being the team to beat...

EDIT: 2-2 after the 2nd now.

Edited by Kyosama, 30 December 2012 - 02:00 AM.

#1049 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,198 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

So much for Finland being the team to beat...

EDIT: 2-2 after the 2nd now.

I still think they are the team to beat in their pool.

zackass.png

#1050 I R Baboon

I R Baboon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Good to see Mackinnon getting a shot in the top-6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.