The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

It looks like the Divison I tourney is being played right now, with Denmark.  Anyone know how Jensen is doing in this tournament?Edit- just checked the Wiki page and it doesn't look like he's on the team, strange since he's only 19 and played on the team last year. Is AIK not letting him play?

Don't forget that Corrado has international experience going for him as well. This past summer, the Sudbury Wolves won the World Junior Club Cup in Russia.

He played very well in that as well. Scored in the gold medal game, which was another game winner. So add that to his resume.

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele

Ritchie-Strome-MacKinnon

Hudon-Jenner-Rattie

Camara-Danault-McNeill

extra: Drouin

Hamilton-Reilly

Harrington-Ouellet

Reinhart-Corrado

extra: Wotherspoon/Murphy

Subban

Brossoit

Patterson

MacKinnon has played way better than most forwards and he's earned a spot in the top 6 IMO. Drouin was making plays whenever he was on the ice. His vision and his ability to protect the puck is top notch. Perfect 13th forward.

Top 4 D is pretty concrete, leaving 3 spots up for grabs. Reinhart's ability to retrive the puck and get it out of the zone will be helpful, same with Corrado's skating ability. Murphy has looked average at best even paired with Griffin but he might get the #7 spot since Spott is his OHL coach and for PP reasons. Hoping Wotherspoon makes it because he's played better than Murphy and he can actually defend.

Goaltending is really hard to decide because both Brossoit and Patterson have been good, plus Subban

I'm surprised J.Subban wasn't even invited. I thought hockey Canada would jump at the chance to have two brothers playing together on the same team.

Hopefully Corrado survives the cuts tonight, which I think he deserves to. Then he really has to have a strong game tomorrow night to clinch that final spot. Bubble guys like Dumba are going to be bringing it after their average performances tonight.

I'm surprised J.Subban wasn't even invited. I thought hockey Canada would jump at the chance to have two brothers playing together on the same team.

Hopefully Corrado survives the cuts tonight, which I think he deserves to. Then he really has to have a strong game tomorrow night to clinch that final spot. Bubble guys like Dumba are going to be bringing it after their average performances tonight.

Archived