The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

Another 5 Points

1. The goalies seem extremely good this year as Can, U.S.A and Russia all have goalies that can steal games

2. Trouba> Reilly and Reinhart (what a steal)

3. Seth Jones isn't great in his own end

4. RNH looks miles ahead of everyone else (Don't think this team would be 3-0 without him)

5. We need to capitalize on our chances

One thing for sure Rielly should be on the 1st PP instead of Murphy or Hamilton. In terms of puckmoving ability he's the best, no doubt.

for PP I'd like to see:

Strome Huberdeau Rattie

Rielly RNH

Edmonton had the best PP last season with Nuge on the point. He'll be the most effective on top of the right circle

I am surprised the US was able to hang on as long as they did, they seem to have serious issues scoring goals. TSN spent the entire night singing Subban's praises, but in reality, if it weren't for John Gibson, this game would have been over in the first period.

John Gibson had to deal with some ridiculous shots, and although Subban stopped more shots than Gibson, USA's shot quality was not as good. Lots of trackable point shots and low percentage plays (shortside wristers from bad angles), and although the US team was able to strip the puck from Canada quite often, they seemed to be unable to create grade A scoring chances with the puck.

The one goal the US was able to get was basically a fluke, and some of those US players were absolutely horrible (That Grimaldi kid couldn't make one decent pass the entire game) I would be worried if I was the States, because Slovakia is capable of upsetting them especially if they can't get more than one goal per game.

I was expecting more skill from the US, but it was a close game at least. I really like that John Gibson, he's a good goalie. That Trouba kid can play too, I can see why he was drafted high.

Anyone else catch the Huberdeau/Trocheck conflict? I found it pretty funny as they're both Florida picks in the same year (2011) and have probably been to 2 prospects camps together yet Huberdeau doesn't know who Trocheck is. But hey, if Florida has to move Trocheck because of conflict, we'll be happy to take him :)

By creating you mean skating to center ice and pass it to Nuge?

Wotherspoon was on the 1st PK with Harrington, and was out there whenever the US had momentum. He moved the puck out of the zone quickly whenever the Americans dumped it in his corner. He's mistake-free, rock steady, coaches love him.

Rielly barely even plays. Hamilton Rielly and Murphy were brought in to provide offense and they haven't done squat.

Meanwhile Wotherspoon and Harrington are out there in pressure situations because the coaches trust them. I'm not saying Wotherspoon is THE best out of the whole bunch, but up until this point him and Harrington have been the most reliable. Ouellet too

Archived