The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

I was fairly critical of Spott's selection of Wotherspoon over Corrado. I felt Corrado outplayed Wotherspoon and that selecting Wotherspoon over Corrado was a mistake. I have to admit that my previous comments were wrong. Though we will never know if Corrado would have been a better choice, Wotherspoon certainly has looked very very solid out there. Plays a mistake free game.

Murphy, on the other hand, is a very frustrating player to watch. He seems to have a lot of difficulty making passes within his own zone, and sometimes I feel like he does too much on his own with the puck and eventually skates himself out of position. He can appear to be a very fluid skater (he is), but while it can be impressive to watch, its purpose often seems useless. Its like an ex-junior player playing beer league hockey, where they can skate around everyone, but often just to show off their skill, not to actually make a play. Murphy was obviously picked to play on this team because of his offensive talent, but IMO he is getting too much time 5-5, and the types of plays he makes could really haunt TC when they play the Russians.

Gaunce will, Corrado won't. Corrado will probably be the top Wolves d-man next season. Gaunce has got his game back since Subban went to the WJC, it seems the Belleville coach has moved away from the defense first game since they loaned out their goaltender. Gaunce has something like 5 points in the last 2 games, he might make it next year.

No I agree, Trouba has been better, and I would take him over Reinhart (Idk about Reilly though)

I think USA has the best defense in the tournament. Jones is the best defensemen, and Trouba has played the best, then after that McCabe, Reilly, Gostisbehere and Murphy have all been very good. Sieloff has struggled a big at times IMO but he hasn't been terrible, just average.

You must have missed today's game because the American d-corps looked completely overwhelmed out there, while Canada's looked great. I agree Jones has all the tools, and I've seen him make some great moves, but I'm starting to question his hockey IQ as the tourney rolls on.

I don't Jones actually has good hockey sense IMO, he's the complete package. the defense (especially Jones) Struggled in the first but I thought they were alot better in the 2nd and 3rd, especially McCabe and Jones. And Trouba was the best skater on the ice the entire game.

I would take their defense over Canada's I think theirs is the best in the Tournament.

Archived