2774 replies to this topic

#2251 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Ya I thought Corrado should have been a lock for this team. Broissoit too. I also liked Binnington more than Subban heading into this, and in hindsight Subban only had that really good game against the Ruskies. 3 GA from Germany should have been a big red flag.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#2252 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

he's slick, Looks like a poor mans Pat Kane to me (Not just size but style too)

If we would have been aggressive on him and taken away his time and space we could have shut him down IMO but we didn't & he came out and made us pay big time, a really dangerous talent.

He's so good on his edge that it makes it pretty hard to hit him/catch up to him

Magic behind the net too, great finisher

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#2253 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Binningtons parents flew to watch their son play - JINX!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#2254 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Bob MacKenzie was heavily critical of leaving Corrado off...

take into account, that I'm sufficiently pished that even being an engineer, I was nearly unable to open the 7 layer dip we had left over from new years.

(am I going to have to sit through an hour of duthie & mckenzie analysing "what went wrong before a real hockey game happens?)
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#2255 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

Murphy was on the ice like all game it seemed and he kept standing out for all the wrong reasons.

That blatant favourtism from his coach is just.. ridiculous. He was so bad ALL tournament and he rides him like no tomorrow? I'd of declined more ice time if I was Murphy. Now Canada hates him and I bet most of the Carolina fans are cringing.

was shocking how bad murphy was and how much he played, unbelievable how bad he stood out. kid looks lost defensively and honestly besides the big shot he doesnt even make nice plays offensively mostly just shovels the puck to the net from horrible angles.

#2256 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

was shocking how bad murphy was and how much he played, unbelievable how bad he stood out. kid looks lost defensively and honestly besides the big shot he doesnt even make nice plays offensively mostly just shovels the puck to the net from horrible angles.

This^. He's been awful all tournament, and got beat in key situations in this game. I don't even recall him being effective with the 1st unit PP, and that's saying something.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#2257 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Ya I thought Corrado should have been a lock for this team. Broissoit too. I also liked Binnington more than Subban heading into this, and in hindsight Subban only had that really good game against the Ruskies. 3 GA from Germany should have been a big red flag.

A red flag to what? That his team would completely sh*t the bed in front of him for 2 periods?

Blaming anything in this tournament on goaltending is beyond laughable. Shouldn't expect anything more from Canucks fans though.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#2258 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Wonder if lil ol Johhnny Goudreau will make it in the big leagues?

Looks like the real deal in this tourney!

yeah he looked real good, but so did jerry damigo a few years ago. always some breakout player at this tourney. Hopefully goudreau can carry this tourney into a nice pro career even if he was drafted by calgary.

#2259 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

See y'all for the bronze medal match. They're up tough too, whether it be SWE or RUS. Hopefully they show up!
Posted Image

#2260 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

He's so good on his edge that it makes it pretty hard to hit him/catch up to him

He makes everything look so simple, he does it with little effort but can still pull of nice moves, freeze defensemen and goaltenders and capitalize whenever the chance arises.

Just need to work on his defensive game and strength like Schroeder did and I could see him in the NHL.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 03 January 2013 - 04:41 AM.

zackass.png

#2261 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

Calgary has a couple of sexy forward prospects coming up.

#2262 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

A red flag to what? That his team would completely sh*t the bed in front of him for 2 periods?

Blaming anything in this tournament on goaltending is beyond laughable. Shouldn't expect anything more from Canucks fans though.

Absolutely.

Doesn't surprise me everyone is blaming the goaltenders, seems like the Canadian thing to do.

zackass.png

#2263 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

If only I were sober enough to quote this ^ for later...
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#2264 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,401 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

So was Chris Bourque for the Americans in 06' and where is he playing now?

Don't be too high on him, chump.

BaOiJ02.png

#2265 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

yeah im not sure how you can blame any of this game on the goaltending, when you have 4 players trying to block a shot in the crease on a pointshot you know your in trouble, subban probably had to have the 4th goal but lets face it after murphy got walked by goudreau for the third goal it was over.

and anyone else laugh their butt off at the canadian goal? how the heck did they call that a goal!?

#2266 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

How about that Gaudreau heh DeNiro?

He had a great game. Does that mean I think he'll make the NHL? Nope.

Schroeder was dominant during his world juniors too.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2267 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

He makes everything look so simple, he does it with little effort but can still pull of nice moves, freeze defensemen and goaltenders and capitalize whenever the chance arises.

Just need to work on his defensive game and strength like Schroeder did and I could easily see him in the NHL.

One word: clutch

Kid's been doing it at every level, dominates wherever he plays

3499h5x.jpg

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

#2268 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Lol, he can fight with Gragnani for time on Carolina's affiliate... Two pea's in a pod!

This^. He's been awful all tournament, and got beat in key situations in this game. I don't even recall him being effective with the 1st unit PP, and that's saying something.

#2269 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

It's the Canucks message board. Most of the Vancouver fan base has spent the last few years throwing Luongo under the bus regardless if it's is fault or the team sucking.

Subban "could" have made some clutch saves, but a lot of those goals are going in on a lot of goalies. The fourth goal however was gross.

That Gibson guy is a stud though. Gonna potentially give Schneider a run for his money with US olympic/world stuff.

#2270 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

So was Chris Bourque for the Americans in 06' and where is he playing now?

Don't be too high on him, chump.

3499h5x.jpg

#2271 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Doesn't guarentee success in the pro game though, he has looked great so far and for your sake hopefully it continues but there is a big chance he could struggling in the pro game if his defensive game aswell as strength (And strength on his skates/puck protection ability dowlow) doesn't improve to standards.

zackass.png

#2272 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Out of the all the players that everyone expected a lot out of this tournament, Strome was imo the hardest worker this game, too bad Gibson had his number. Scheifele was bad and Huberdaeu was invisible.

#2273 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

I think JS will make it, offensive ability isn't much different than Gaudreau's.

Schroeder is a better defensive player and was much stronger at this age than Gaudreau is.

zackass.png

#2274 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

2 is a bit tough of a grade for Subban, I would say 3 or 3.5.

It could have been 4 or 5 alot sooner if it wasn't for him.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 03 January 2013 - 04:46 AM.

zackass.png

#2275 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

I actually didn't like RNH at all. He should've absolutely dominated, but he only really showed up against the lesser teams. Huberdeau was terribad too.

#2276 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Every level eh? You mean college and the world juniors? :lol:

You know what those two things have in common? They both play on international ice surfaces. Which for a small player, it benefits them big time.

He's gonna get pushed around like a little kid in the AHL. Sorry to break it to you. There's only a handful of players under 5'10" in the NHL, and many good ones that have come before him that didn't make it. The odds are low.

Edited by DeNiro, 03 January 2013 - 04:50 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2277 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

I actually didn't like RNH at all. He should've absolutely dominated, but he only really showed up against the lesser teams. Huberdeau was terribad too.

Yea, I expected him to dominate.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#2278 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

For a team this stacked, a bronze (if that) isn't going to look so pretty.

I'll say it again about the goaltending, yes Subban had a great game vs Russia, yes the first 2 goals tonight were impossible to stop, but the kid hasn't looked all that sharp all tourny. 3 GA from Germany, 3 GA from Slovakia, losing to U of A and Finland, these should have given the coach a better indication of what kind of goaltending Subban offers. Binnington on the otherhand was solid in the pre-tourny games, and made a series of big saves to keep the team in it tonight. I hope Binnington gets the start for the bronze game.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#2279 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

You know what those two things have in common? They both play on international ice surfaces. Which for a small player, it benefits them big time.

He's gonna get pushed around like a little kid in the AHL. Sorry to break it to you. There's only a handful of players under 5'10" in the NHL, and many good ones that have come before him that didn't make it. The odds are low.

Um, BC plays on 200x85 ice aka NHL ice. Get your facts straight

And you seem to be underestimating the strength of NCAA players, basically men and Johnny seem to be doing fine.

By your standards Schroeder won't make the NHL either, sorry to break it to ya bud

3499h5x.jpg

#2280 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Ya.. I usually try to route for the little guy to make it but I can't see Gaudreau pull it off at 5'6''. He's sneaky as hell and quick like a rabbit, but it's not going to cut it when he needs to fish the puck out of a corner, or even backcheck, Not to mention he needs to put on some serious poundage to even consider making it in the American league. If he was built like a little fire hydrant then I could see things happening.

2d7ye0p.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.