2774 replies to this topic

#211 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Leon Draisaitl and Mathias Niederberger are not on the German Roster..are they to young?

Konrad Abeltshauser is injured :(

Leon is 16 I believe but I don't think that's the reason. Did Rieder get selected?

Posted Image

#212 I R Baboon

I R Baboon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins named Captain.
Huberdeau and Harrington named alternate captains.

Edited by MGK, 14 December 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#213 ABNuck

ABNuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Ottawa won't release Zibanejad to play...absolutely tragic if he doesn't play. (Although I guess he doesn't have much more to prove at Junior level than he already has - Gold medal GWG)...but still...c'mon Ottawa! We wanna play against the best the world has to offer, don't hold any young players back.

#214 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

Binnington over Brossoit? Dumba over Corrado? :picard:

I do not understand how Dumba or Murphy got a spot over Corrado.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#215 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,914 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Dumba got cut. What I'm really stumped about is how Tyler Wotherspoon made it. Like, who is he?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#216 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Honestly, it looks like Canada had already made their decisions about the defensemen they wanted before the camp even started.

I don't think Corrado could have done anything more to make the team. His play didn't seem to matter. As usual, draft position and hype played into the decisions more than they should have.

RIP LB RR PD

#217 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Murphy is fantastic, he was Canada's best player in the Canada-Russia challenge. Incredible speed.

I'm confused as to where people are getting these ideas that Corrado did amazing in camp, were the scrimmages and games actually aired anywhere or is this just biased support for a hometown prospect?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about biased support. I'm very upset that Lowry wasn't even invited.

Edited by Kyosama, 14 December 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#218 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Murphy is fantastic, he was Canada's best player in the Canada-Russia challenge. Incredible speed.

I'm confused as to where people are getting these ideas that Corrado did amazing in camp, were the scrimmages and games actually aired anywhere or is this just biased support for a hometown prospect?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about biased support. I'm very upset that Lowry wasn't even invited.

They were streamed, are you living under a rock?

Posted Image

#219 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,963 posts

Games were aired on Fasthockey.com.

While there may be a bit of bias, both Bob Mckenzie and Ray Ferraro were surprised that Corrado was cut. They speculated that it came down to team needs (i.e. Spott wanted a bigger dman (Wotherspoon) to be able to clear guys from the front of the net). I can accept that Spott made his decision based on what he thought was in the best interests of his team. I don't think there was political bias or conspiracy or any of that kind of thing. However, I think he made the wrong decision, but I sure hope I am wrong and will be cheering for Canada either way.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#220 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,914 posts

Guess you missed him out scoring EVERY OTHER player in the ENTIRE camp and analysts like Bob McKenzie saying he was 'exceptional in every aspect of the game.'

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#221 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Dumba got cut. What I'm really stumped about is how Tyler Wotherspoon made it. Like, who is he?

+/- leader in the WHL?

They have a bunch of offensive Dmen so scoring in scrimmage games probably means nothing to Team Canada. They want size and shutdown ability and Wotherspoon offers that. It is also a big plus that he's a smooth skater as well

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#222 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,618 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Leon is 16 I believe but I don't think that's the reason. Did Rieder get selected?

rieder is in ..but i dont know why niederberger isnt?!

draisaitl is 17 and niederberger is 20..so may to old?

the german roster...

http://www.tsn.ca/wo...ature/?id=34453

Edited by TheGermanCanuck, 14 December 2012 - 03:20 PM.

179zig.jpg

Credits to Discord for the Signature

iqbl75.jpgCDCGML St.Louis Blues Rosteriqbl75.jpg

"You dream to score your first goal in the NHL. You dream to be here, first of all. To score a hat-trick, that's just an added bonus.Josh Jooris"

#223 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Huberdeau - Nugent-Hopkins - Scheifele
Drouin - Strome - Ritchie
Hudon - Jenner - Rattie
Camara - MacKinnon - Lipon

Forward lines at practice today. Danault was getting dental work done so wasn't in.

Not sure what Spott is thinking on this one....Drouin and MacKinnon play TOGETHER in the OHL...seems like MacKinnon will be the 13th forward as Danault is going to be the 4th line center.

Edited by Rypien37, 15 December 2012 - 03:15 PM.

Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#224 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,914 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hudon - Jenner - Rattie

Forward lines at practice today. Danault was getting dental work done so wasn't in.

Not sure what Spott is thinking on this one....Drouin and MacKinnon play TOGETHER in the OHL...seems like MacKinnon will be the 13th forward as Danault is going to be the 4th line center.

The forwards should look like this

Huberdeau - RNH - Scheifele
Drouin - Strome - Mackinnon
Hudon - Jenner - Ritchie
Lipon - Danault - Rattie

Camara

#225 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

The forwards should look like this

Drouin - Strome - Mackinnon
Hudon - Jenner - Ritchie
Lipon - Danault - Rattie

Camara

Ritchie and Strome will not be seperated. They play on the same line with club team. Also no way Rattie is on the 4th line. Had 121 points and 57 goals last year in the dub.

He is a small, soft, pure goal scorer. Top 9 or nothing for him.

Ritchie - Strome - Rattie
Drouin - Jenner - MacKinnon
Camara - Danault - Hudon/Lipon

Edited by Rypien37, 15 December 2012 - 03:56 PM.

Posted Image

#226 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,260 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Did they announce any reserve players?

What happens if there's a couple injuries on D?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#227 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,051 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

ouch i lost a little respect for this team they want a shout out from justin bieber just saw it on sportscentre

http://watch.tsn.ca/...7593#clip827593

Edited by captaincanuck88, 16 December 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#228 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

They were streamed, are you living under a rock?

I wasn't aware, which is unfortunate I would have really enjoyed watching them.

As for him being the top scorer, I knew that but in such a small sample size of games it doesn't mean much or give an indication of the other aspects of his game. I wasn't trying to take a jab I was just legitimately curious.

Back on topic though, I'm really impressed by Hudon. 5th round pick for Montreal just this past year, was incredible in the Russia-Canada Challenge, and now he makes the junior team. Transitioning his game to the NHL will be difficult because of his size, but if he can do it he may very well be the steal of the 2012 draft. I think Montreal won huge in that draft.

Here are my lines:

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Ritchie-Strome-Rattie
Drouin-MacKinnon-Hudon (very small line, but would be the most talented line in the tournament)

The 4th line I'm not sure about. Jenner's been putting up a lot of points and he's pretty much a lock. Don't know much about Lipon and Danault, and I'm very, very surprised Camara was invited to tryouts, let alone made the team. Can't see why they'd bring him if not to play with Scheifele, which apparently isn't the plan. Would have preferred to see Lowry, Griffith, or even Camara's linemate Zach Hall.

#229 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,465 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hudon - Jenner - Rattie

for me this is going to be like the men's team in Vancouver.if we win I guess the office knew what they were doing. if we take home less than gold questions about cuts and invites will shortly follow the loss.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#230 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,662 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hudon - Jenner - Rattie

Drouin and MacKinnon play in the QMJHL but I get your point.

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#231 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Scheifele needs to be better than he was last year if he wants to stay on that top line.

#232 Gally

Gally

KJ's Butler

• Members
  • 5,641 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Who do you guys think Swedens #1 will be?

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#233 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Nuge as expected looked great out there. The way he pulled that d man on the Scheif goal was so sweet.
I love MacKinnon's pep.
Lipon showing a bit of feistiness was nice.
Harrington being nice and mean out there.

I'm not too worried about losing until it means something.

One thing that occured to me while watching was that if the NHL brings in no touch icing I hope the make it a priority to have the faceoffs quickly so it doesn't slow down the game too much.

#234 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,727 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Corrado Curse.

#235 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

I wasn't aware, which is unfortunate I would have really enjoyed watching them.

As for him being the top scorer, I knew that but in such a small sample size of games it doesn't mean much or give an indication of the other aspects of his game. I wasn't trying to take a jab I was just legitimately curious.

Back on topic though, I'm really impressed by Hudon. 5th round pick for Montreal just this past year, was incredible in the Russia-Canada Challenge, and now he makes the junior team. Transitioning his game to the NHL will be difficult because of his size, but if he can do it he may very well be the steal of the 2012 draft. I think Montreal won huge in that draft.

Here are my lines:

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Ritchie-Strome-Rattie
Drouin-MacKinnon-Hudon (very small line, but would be the most talented line in the tournament)

The 4th line I'm not sure about. Jenner's been putting up a lot of points and he's pretty much a lock. Don't know much about Lipon and Danault, and I'm very, very surprised Camara was invited to tryouts, let alone made the team. Can't see why they'd bring him if not to play with Scheifele, which apparently isn't the plan. Would have preferred to see Lowry, Griffith, or even Camara's linemate Zach Hall.

After watching today's game, this was the first thing that came to my mind. Canada's 'big' dmen didn't seem to manhandle any of the Finish forwards. Drouin and Mackinnon have had no problem establishing their cycle game in the Q, and I think Hudon would be a nice addition.

I was really really impressed by Drouin today.

I'd like to see RNH get some more time with Scheifele and Huberdeau, but I am also concerned that RNH feels he needs to be the set-up man on this line. I saw a few times where RNH had some room and instead of taking the puck to the net, he looked for Scheifele.

RNH was basically a PPG player in the NHL. He doesn't need to ONLY be a set-up man. He can score too. If they don't find chemistry, it might be good to break them up, let RNH play with guys like Ty Rattie and maybe he will be a little more selfish (I think in RNH's case it would be a good thing)

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#236 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Very worried about this team. Dream team? Please. This is nothing like the '05 team. Just TSN hype. Our defense is very suspect with Reilly and Hamilton not deserving of the high praise. Besides Nuge and Huberdeau there isn't anything spectacular with the forwards. Another Bronze medal. End of rant.

#237 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Very worried about this team. Dream team? Please. This is nothing like the '05 team. Just TSN hype. Our defense is very suspect with Reilly and Hamilton not deserving of the high praise. Besides Nuge and Huberdeau there isn't anything spectacular with the forwards. Another Bronze medal. End of rant.

Basing this off of? The game today against Finland?

My only concern is Subban, and making sure Murphy plays as little as possible. Forward wise, easily deepest in tournament. If they play like they should/can, they will produce.

Two 17 y/o's with almost 2 PPG pace?

121 and 57 goal getter in the WHL last year?

Leading scorer in the WHL this year?

3 guys top 5 in goals in the OHL?

Not sure how spectacular you want this team to be.

Edited by Rypien37, 20 December 2012 - 04:36 PM.

Posted Image

#238 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Basing this off of? The game today against Finland?

My only concern is Subban, and making sure Murphy plays as little as possible. Forward wise, easily deepest in tournament. If they play like they should/can, they will produce.

Your concern is making sure that our player of the game today plays as little as possible?

#239 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

So far this team has lost to U of Alberta and Finland, who aren't even expected to finish 1st in their group. Definitely concerned with the lack of offensive chemistry, and Subban looking shaky. Defense is as promised, have some great puck movers. The team as a whole NEEDS to stop taking stupid penalties, had like 10+ against, including 3 - 5 on 3's in which Finland scored twice.

Looking like Ritchie could be out, some kind of upper body injury. Roster has to be finalized by the 25th, any guesses as to who takes his spot?

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#240 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Your concern is making sure that our player of the game today plays as little as possible?

Yes. His D coverage in his own zone makes Bieksa look like Niklas Lidstrom...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.