The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

Another poster has mentioned this, but Dumba's gap control looked awful. His ability to move laterally was also pretty poor. This is something that is going to get exposed on a larger rink. I am not sure who #16 on D is, but he also looked like he struggled with his positional play, which I think is particularly important on a larger rink.

One thing Ferraro mentioned about Corrado was that he didn't run around looking for the big play in the D zone. Knew where to be and just played to his ability. I think this is another quality the coaches are going to take note of in Corrado's favour.

Thinking Corrado's offensive output pushed Pouliot out of the picture - Pouliot's known to be an offensive defenseman, but Corrado's had a better camp and Subway series offense-wise and is better defensively and more physical to boot.

I think it's safe to assume that the D-men that didn't play today are pretty safe. So that's Hamilton, Harrington, Rielly and Ouellet.

So like Bobby Mac said, 8 D-men were fighting for 3 spots. Sproul, Wotherspoon, Reinhart, Corrado, Murphy, Pelech, Dumba. Pouliot.

So far Pelech and Pouliot have been cut. So that means there are now 6 D-men fighting for 3 spots. I think Reinhart and Murphy will definetley make the team. So that means there's 4 D-men fighting for 1 spot: Corrado, Sproul, Wotherspoon, and Dumba.

Corrado has been the best of those 4 so far so he's got a real shot. It's gonna be tough though.

I think it's safe to assume that the D-men that didn't play today are pretty safe. So that's Hamilton, Harrington, Rielly and Ouellet.

So like Bobby Mac said, 8 D-men were fighting for 3 spots. Sproul, Wotherspoon, Reinhart, Corrado, Murphy, Pelech, Dumba. Pouliot.

So far Pelech and Pouliot have been cut. So that means there are now 6 D-men fighting for 3 spots. I think Reinhart and Murphy will definetley make the team. So that means there's 4 D-men fighting for 1 spot: Corrado, Sproul, Wotherspoon, and Dumba.

Corrado has been the best of those 4 so far so he's got a real shot. It's gonna be tough though.

The way Monahan played today, I'm not surprised he got cut. He kept charging into the offensive zone then losing the puck and being stuck behind the play. Not impressive at any point. Pouliot, Pelech and Graovac were also easy cuts, just not up to snuff.

Meanwhile, it's pretty clear that to have a 3rd pairing without Corrado is madness at this point. Hamilton-Corrado is definitely worth exploring more as well given their play in the super series.

The way Monahan played today, I'm not surprised he got cut. He kept charging into the offensive zone then losing the puck and being stuck behind the play. Not impressive at any point. Pouliot, Pelech and Graovac were also easy cuts, just not up to snuff.

Meanwhile, it's pretty clear that to have a 3rd pairing without Corrado is madness at this point. Hamilton-Corrado is definitely worth exploring more as well given their play in the super series.

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele

Ritchie-Strome-MacKinnon

Hudon-Jenner-Rattie

Camara-Danault-McNeill

extra: Drouin

Hamilton-Reilly

Harrington-Ouellet

Reinhart-Corrado

extra: Wotherspoon/Murphy

Subban

Brossoit

Patterson

MacKinnon has played way better than most forwards and he's earned a spot in the top 6 IMO. Drouin was making plays whenever he was on the ice. His vision and his ability to protect the puck is top notch. Perfect 13th forward.

Top 4 D is pretty concrete, leaving 3 spots up for grabs. Reinhart's ability to retrive the puck and get it out of the zone will be helpful, same with Corrado's skating ability. Murphy has looked average at best even paired with Griffin but he might get the #7 spot since Spott is his OHL coach and for PP reasons. Hoping Wotherspoon makes it because he's played better than Murphy and he can actually defend.

Goaltending is really hard to decide because both Brossoit and Patterson have been good, plus Subban

Archived