The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

I don't see anything special in Seth Jones that most people here are seeing.

Sure he looks decent offensively but he has defensive issues, plus he hasn't done a whole lot that oozes "1st overall". I'm actually way more impressed by Trouba, who's probably the best defencemen in this tournament, although he's older.

Right now Drouin looks spectacular and I can definitley see him going 1st overall, while Mackinnon has look alright at times (based on this tournament).

I don't see anything special in Seth Jones that most people here are seeing.

Sure he looks decent offensively but he has defensive issues, plus he hasn't done a whole lot that oozes "1st overall". I'm actually way more impressed by Trouba, who's probably the best defencemen in this tournament, although he's older.

Right now Drouin looks spectacular and I can definitley see him going 1st overall, while Mackinnon has look alright at times (based on this tournament).

I would take Jones 1st Overall, he hasn't had the greatest tournament but he still has looked good, he is like Weber with more mobility and greater offensive IQ, he is the complete package.

I still think Mackinnon will be #2, I don't think one tournament will change everyone's mind but Drouin certaintly has opened some eyes and given himself legit #1 consideration.

I would take Jones 1st Overall, he hasn't had the greatest tournament but he still has looked good, he is like Weber with more mobility and greater offensive IQ, he is the complete package.

I still think Mackinnon will be #2, I don't think one tournament will change everyone's mind but Drouin certaintly has opened some eyes and given himself legit #1 consideration.

Well I'm happy to say my predictions aren't what I thought. I was right on the Spengler Cup on Canada winning. (Yay!)

I predicted Canada would be lucky to get a bronze in the World Jrs. But the way they are playing Gold or Silver is certainly in the cards.

Now I hope I'm completely wrong in the NHL season being written off. But I won't hold my breath on that one.

World Juniors: IIHF suspends USA’s Gostisbehere, Russia’s Nichushkin:

Team USA’s Shayne Gostisbehere and Russia’s Valeri Nichushkin are ineligible to play in the quarterfinals due to separate IIHF rulings. Both players will still be allowed to participate in the semifinals, provided their respective countries win on Wednesday.

Gostisbehere is being suspended for approaching Slovakia’s Matus Matis from behind during the first period of Monday’s contest and striking him between the legs with his stick. The Margate, Florida native was handed a five-minute slashing major and game misconduct for his actions.

Matis was injured on the play, but returned before the end of America’s 9-3 victory.

During the first period of Russia’s 4-1 loss to Canada on Monday, Nichushkin smashed Tyler Wotherspoon into the boards from behind. After the initial contact, Nichushkin’s arms continued to move upward and forward, which caused Wotherspoon’s face to smash into the glass and boards.

Nichushkin was given five minutes for checking from behind and also handed a game misconduct.

Russia will play Switzerland on Wednesday, with the winner of that contest set to compete against Sweden in the semifinals. The United States is scheduled to face the Czech Republic on Wednesday and the winner will challenge Canada.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/01/world-juniors-iihf-suspends-usas-gostisbehere-russias-nichushkin/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Archived