BEASTLY!!!

#2462 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Really wish we, as Canadians, could just suck up the loss and move on. Losing is bad enough, why make it worse by acting like such poor losers.

Nobody complained about the tournaments format when Canada won five straight gold. In 2008 in Pardubice, Sweden beat Canada in the round robin, but Canada won gold in OT. Nobody from Sweden was up in arms, complaining that Sweden had scored more goals on aggregate.

This is the format of the tournament, it isn't a surprise. It is the responsibility of the coach to prepare his players. This was not done.

I will be cheering for Team USA. I like their approach to the game, they play fast and hard and get the job done with the skills they have. They don't have the RNH's or Huberdeau's or Scheiffle's, but they play to their strengths and do it with class. Good luck to those kids.

Who needs those players when you have a goalie that has allowed less than 1.5 goals a game , and has stopped 167 of the 175 shots he has faced.

If the US wins gold , i believe he is the biggest reason for their success and should be the MVP of the tournament

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 04 January 2013 - 03:05 PM.

"These are the things to keep in mind. These are not just academic exercises. We're not analyzing the media on Mars or in the eighteenth century or something like that. We're dealing with real human beings who are suffering and dying and being tortured and starving because of policies that we are involved in, we as citizens of democratic societies are directly involved in and are responsible for, and what the media are doing is ensuring that we do not act on our responsibilities, and that the interests of power are served, not the needs of the suffering people, and not even the needs of the American people who would be horrified if they realized the blood that's dripping from their hands because of the way they are allowing themselves to be deluded and manipulated by the system."
Noam Chomsky

Jesus didn’t say yes to everyone. I mean Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it is not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia
Tony Abbott......Current Australian PM

#2463 believe in blue forever

believe in blue forever

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

IIHF@IIHFHockey
Canadian defenceman Griffin Reinhart suspended, will miss bronze game + three more. http://www.worldjunior2013.com/en/channels/2013/wm20/top/news/reinhart-suspension/ in Russian:http://www.worldjunior2013.com/ru/channels/2013/wm20/top/%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B8/%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BD%D1%85%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD/

Retweeted by Bob McKenzie

The International Ice Hockey Federation reviewed a minor penalty to Reinhart for high-sticking U.S. forward Vince Trocheck in Thursday’s semi-final and handed down supplementary discipline Friday after a hearing.
The Edmonton Oil Kings defenceman will miss Saturday’s bronze-medal game against Russia. Reinhart must serve the remaining three games at his next IIHF event, which would be the next world junior championship.
Hockey Canada is appealing the suspension believed to be the longest in the tournament’s history.

http://sports.nation...ior-suspension/

Edited by believe in blue forever, 04 January 2013 - 03:46 PM.

Posted Image

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. George R.R. Martin
Luongo is blamed for a lot of things. I think he was blamed for the teachers strike, and the high gas prices in Vancouver. Alain Vigneault

#2464 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Honestly, I thought Subban was quite average during WJC selection camp, and although I don't think he should have been cut, I am not sure he should have been the starter. There's no doubt he can play goal, but he had some real shaky moments in this tournament.

Subban looks good when the Canada defense is playing well, but the true test of a goalie is whether or not he can make a big save during a moment of defensive weakness. There were times when the US defense broke down and Gibson bailed out his team, and looking back between the two games, Gibson had to make many more of the 'difficult' stops that Subban did. (Shot quantity doesn't always reflect shot quality)

TSN loved to make a big deal out of Subban's play when Canada was winning, but to be honest, I thought he was just average. I think Canada would be in the same spot if Binnington had played those games. Honestly, I would have liked to have seen Brossoit between the pipes, he was the goalie they shouldn't have cut IMO.

That said ,these are all tough choices, and it's easy to make the 'right' choice in hindsight. I think more people would have fun enjoying the tournament if they watched it for the great hockey as opposed to centering around only their country's team. If you don't take it too seriously, the WJC is a great tournament to watch every year no matter what.

Your second paragraph describes Roberto Luongo's whole career with the Canucks to a tee. The last paragraph is right on. The WJC is always a highlight of my hockey year even if my least favorite team in it is playing for gold.

Edited by thema, 04 January 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#2465 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

lol 4gms for Reinhart. Intentional hit from behind gets 1game and unintentional high stick gets 4games. Gotta love IIHF
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#2466 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

I don't get the blame against Subban, but Spott is starting Binnington in goal tomorrow as per tsn.ca.

EDIT: Spott's entire philosophy (according to Ferraro) has been 'Subban is our guy, we believe in him'. If this has been their philosophy, why is Subban not playing in what is now Canada's most important game? Its as if Even Steve Spott doesn't trust Steve Spott's judgement.

Subban certainly isn't at fault, but my pick would have to have been Laurent Brossoit, who was literally perfect in his games in the selection camp in early December.

I never mentioned anyone blaming Subban per se. I simply stated from the beginning that he should not have been the starter on Team Canada. The fact that Brossoit was cut from the team entirely despite his great camp irked me, and it makes me wonder if the roster was already chosen to some degree before camp even started. Subban is a great junior goalie, but there are many like him across the CHL.

John Gibson on the other hand took full advantage of this tournament to show how well he can play in big games. He made some difficult stops in both games against Canada, and if he plays as well as he did then against Sweden, there's a good chance Team USA walks away with gold medals.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#2467 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

I agree, Gibson has been spectacular for the US and hopefully will continue to be in the Gold match.

Canada's biggest problem in the last game against the US was motivation. The US simply wanted it more and was willing to work harder, skate harder, and play harder to get it. Canada was far more scattered compared to the US, who is playing like a completely different team than we saw in pre-tournament or even the first US/Canada game. They were working together, running good plays and not just depending on individual breakaways as the Canadian team all too often did in that game.

Hopefully Canada got their focus scared back into them and will get back to working as a whole team so they can kick the butt of the dirty, diving Russian team. (Seriously, they've been despicable!) And hopefully the US will hold their focus and form and beat Sweden for the gold.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#2468 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,467 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

@NabilKarimTSN
Canadian lines: Huberdeau-RNH-Rattie; Drouin-Strome-Scheifele; Danault-Jenner-Ritchie; Camara-McNeill-MacKinnon/Lipon #TSN #2013WJC

@NabilKarimTSN
D-pairings for Canada will be a "mosh-mosh" according to Spott with 5 dmen...Murphy will be used here and there #TSN #2013WJC
Posted Image

#2469 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

IIHF@IIHFHockey
Canadian defenceman Griffin Reinhart suspended, will miss bronze game + three more. http://www.worldjunior2013.com/en/channels/2013/wm20/top/news/reinhart-suspension/ in Russian:http://www.worldjunior2013.com/ru/channels/2013/wm20/top/%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B8/%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BD%D1%85%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD/

Wow, that's a tad extreme.
Posted ImagePosted Image
---------------------------------------------------

#2470 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

@NabilKarimTSN
Canadian lines: Huberdeau-RNH-Rattie; Drouin-Strome-Scheifele; Danault-Jenner-Ritchie; Camara-McNeill-MacKinnon/Lipon #TSN #2013WJC

@NabilKarimTSN
D-pairings for Canada will be a "mosh-mosh" according to Spott with 5 dmen...Murphy will be used here and there #TSN #2013WJC

Last game and still not putting MacKinnon and Drouin together....only positive about this year is at least Spott is most likely gone.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#2471 Neil HD

Neil HD

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

IIHF@IIHFHockey

Just saw the footage on Youtube. No decent reason for the stick to come up with such force, if at all.

This and the 5-1 loss are a fitting price for Team Canada to pay for not taking guys like Brossoit and Corrado seriously.

#2472 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Hoping for a good outing tonight. Russia will be no easy obstacle for the medal - even if we don't win, I just hope the boys got up to play today and we at least get a good game.
Posted Image

#2473 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Lol Murphy isn't even getting minutes with a d-man out. They'd rather go 5 and spot him 'here and there'... could use Corrado right now, you know someone that can play both ends of the ice reliably.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#2474 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Double fisting a beer and a coffee. Let's do this thing.

#2475 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,268 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

Lol Murphy isn't even getting minutes with a d-man out. They'd rather go 5 and spot him 'here and there'... could use Corrado right now, you know someone that can play both ends of the ice reliably.

Lol I got a good chuckle out of that too, I guess Spott finally realizes Murphy has been a disaster defensively.

zackass.png

#2476 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Scheifele caught by an undetected high stick early. Hopefully he's just leaving for repairs...

Lol where is everyone :P
Posted Image

#2477 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,268 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Can't believe some people thought that wasn't intentional.

Maybe he didn't mean to club him in the head like that but he knew full well what he was doing and did it on purpose, I really like Reinhart he is a great kid but he deserved the suspension.

zackass.png

#2478 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

Wow Binnington.

#2479 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

What a funky looking goal. Bad goal by Binnington, but mostly bad puck luck IMO.
Posted Image

#2480 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Well, at least the 3rd line is hitting.

Jenner's elbow came up on that one though, good call.
Posted Image

#2481 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Wowsa, some goal.

Luckily it's early, they can get it back.

#2482 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

Oh my god. I'm getting that deja vu feeling back again. Harrington was puck gazing.

#2483 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

Ouch... Um. That was basically a perfect pass. Harrington caught watching.

I don't think we're playing badly, but Russia is capitalizing on their chances.
Posted Image

#2484 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,268 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

I guess Spott realized from last game that he actually has a timeout, I'm just wondering where it was last game?

Oh and that was on Lipon not Harrington, you have to take away that lane and he was standing stagnent not doing anything, he should have been covering the pass.

Honestly though I don't care if we win or lose I just want to see and entertaining game to get me ready for the Gold medal game later. Obviously a win would be preferred though.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 05 January 2013 - 02:18 AM.

zackass.png

#2485 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,930 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Lol
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#2486 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

Not gonna lie, glad Reinharts not playing. He's looked like Aaron Rome out there - to me anyways.

#2487 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Hopefully team canada assembles a team next year, and not just a group of stars.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2488 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

YES RNH! Let's make a game out of this... maybe? Please?
Posted Image

#2489 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,074 posts

Da Nuge is back!!!

#2490 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Why is Murphy still on the first PP...use Rielly...

EDIT-- well I guess that turned out alright

Edited by mrsasaki, 05 January 2013 - 02:21 AM.

CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.