The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

Yea but USA is the best team in the tournament. Seth Jones said it himself.

I don't think many people are betting on the Czechs. I would say it would be a pretty big upset. This American team has alot of talent, including a 3rd overall and a likely future 2nd overall pick.

I'm still confused by the point system. How did Seth Jones contribute to the first goal when he gave it to Trouba, then Trouba had a failed pass across that go redirected to Gaudreau who tapped it in? Then on Hartman's goal, despite the player making a great dish to Trouba who was all alone and Trouba's rebound going directly to Hartman who taps it in, neither Trouba nor the player that gave it to him gets an assist. Unless I missed a Czech player gain control of the puck and hand it to Hartman, I feel that the person who passed it to Trouba on that play deserves an assist a lot more than Jones did on the first goal.

Really I just think it's silly to make the secondary assist a judgement call, because it seems like regardless of how little they did to contribute to the goal, names like Jones and Nugent-Hopkins will always get that secondary assist.

EDIT: They've now added assists to Hartman's goal. I feel a little better now.

Archived