The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

Canada vs USA

Should be a classic. Have to say I'm quite worried. The USA is playing a lot better than Russia at the moment. Gibson can steal them the game. But Canada didn't play excellent against them in Round Robin. Should be a dandy. I hate em americans. Go CANADA!

To quote a poster from HF

From reading some of these posts I don't think some of my fellow Canadians realize how good this US team is.

I don't buy the argument that the US played tired teams or that they didn't dominate the Czechs. They absolutely did dominate the Czechs.

In the first game we won against them, even though we won, had it not been for Subban in the first period we could have lost that game.

Areas where IMO the US is better....speed and it's not even close.

Passing by a fair margin.

Areas where we are better, our forwards are better defensively. The physical style we play (the US can dish it out to, but I give the edge to Canada)

If Subban plays as he did the first game and we can slow the US down we should win.

If they get up a couple of goals and we lose our cool the US PP will kill us.

All goalies have bad games. Gibson hasn't. Maybe tomorrow he will.

As for talent, I believe we have the better talent on paper BUT games aren't won on paper.

Of course I want Canada to win, but from what I've seen whatever team wins should be favoured to win gold.

Good Luck to both (a bit more for Canada)laff.gif

Yeah, I love his game. I made posts here on Grigo 2 years ago when he was still in Russia. When he slipped I was screaming at the tv for MG to move up in the draft and select him, as if it would have mattered.

He's going to be a star for many years to come.

Archived