2774 replies to this topic

#2701 Please Call 911

Please Call 911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Jesus, this Subban hate is ridiculous. With the exception of one game I felt Malcolm Subban played amazing, at times his defense was non existant but he made many great saves and was solid when needed. Typical of Vancouver fans to bash a goalie playing flawless and blaming everything on him, just look at what we did to Luongo.

Edited by Please Call 911, 05 January 2013 - 04:38 AM.

Posted Image

Please Call 911

Thanks Mash!

#2702 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

Harrington might be better than Corrado, but

Corrado >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Murphy

Hell..

Dog > Murphy

True that he had a brutal tournament but I'm betting no one feels worst than him right now. Anyways, he still has a couple years to develop, it's not the end of the world for him.

Hope Corrado keeps developing into a good player of course, but continuously bringing him up is pointless. What's done is done.

Edited by marinated.pea, 05 January 2013 - 04:42 AM.

Posted Image

#2703 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

the game was intense and that makes me want the NHL back quickly
hurry up buttman

#2704 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

True that he had a brutal tournament but I'm betting no one feels worst than him right now. Anyways, he still has a couple years to develop, it's not the end of the world for him.

Hope Corrado keeps developing into a good player of course, but continuously bringing him up is pointless. What's done is done.

But it's the Corrado curse!

Murphy has great offensive upside, it's almost pretty ridiculous how good his offensive game is. But he's just so damn bad defensively and his hockey sense is so limited. He'll become a solid PPQB no doubt about it, but he'll probably be a defensive liability for a looong time.

Posted Image

#2705 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

Jesus, this Subban hate is ridiculous. With the exception of one game I felt Malcolm Subban played amazing, at times his defense was non existant but he made many great saves and was solid when needed. Typical of Vancouver fans to bash a goalie playing flawless and blaming everything on him, just look at what we did to Luongo.

Yeah, Subban was solid.

He wasn't that good against the US, but he was left out to dry. We all know this forum hates any starting goaltender who represents our team or our country. The backup is always better ... unless the backup sucks, in which case the #3 is better ...

#2706 Rovy

Rovy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

But it's the Corrado curse!

Murphy has great offensive upside, it's almost pretty ridiculous how good his offensive game is. But he's just so damn bad defensively and his hockey sense is so limited. He'll become a solid PPQB no doubt about it, but he'll probably be a defensive liability for a looong time.

The problem is, in a tournament like this, Canada already has LOTS of offence up front. Our defence should be saved for guys who can DEFEND.

#2707 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Murphy pressed L2 too early.

For all you NHL13 players LOL

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#2708 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Yeah, Subban was solid.

He wasn't that good against the US, but he was left out to dry. We all know this forum hates any starting goaltender who represents our team or our country. The backup is always better ... unless the backup sucks, in which case the #3 is better ...

Eddie Lack!!11!one
Posted Image

#2709 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,536 posts

Corrado wouldn't have help, so stop whining about him not making the team.

It's safe to say that this team wasn't prepared to play on the bigger ice surface at all. Countless defensive breakdowns, bad outlet passes from the dmen, horrible neutral zone coverage, etc. I don't necessary think this team is the worst team we've ever ice. If this was played on NA ice I'm pretty confidant that it would have been a different tournament for Team Canada.

2gx0j6x.png

#2710 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

The problem is, in a tournament like this, Canada already has LOTS of offence up front. Our defence should be saved for guys who can DEFEND.

Ahh, yes, you are correct.

However, our forwards needed all the help they could get. They were so invisible at times..

Posted Image

#2711 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,603 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

Pretty sad day for Hockey Canada. U20 - won a big fat nothing. U17? Same fate.
Posted Image

#2712 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

Glad everyone is seeing the Murphy I've been seeing for the entire tourny. This kid is awful defensively - remember the play at the blue line in the 3rd, where he was skating backwards and just left the puck for the Rusky forward... how did this guy make the team?

Broissot who didn't have a goal against in his showing for team Canada, stopping 37/37 shots faced, doesn't even make the team. Corrado, a guy who can be relied upon defensively, showcased 3 goals in pre tourny and Subway challenge games. BUT I suppose we will just play the highest draft picks... and finish 4th.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#2713 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Canada needs to start developing some offensive juggernauts soon..

Posted Image

#2714 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

Step off, man.

Just because some people aren't all gaga over Subban doesn't mean they are 'haters'. The guy lets out rebounds, quite a few of them in fact. He's a good goalie, but he's not the second coming of Patrick Roy. Believe it or not, there ARE better goalies in the CHL than Subban :shock:

Love the Lou analogy by the way. The fans did nothing to Luongo, he is inconsistent all by himself. What sense does it make to blame the fans for an inconsistent goalie? Lou has been a pro for a long time, I doubt fans make any impact on his ability to stop the puck in big games.

I didn't like the way Russia goaded the Canadians after they won. However, those kids had a ton of pressure to perform at home and beating Canada for a medal is probably the next best thing to a gold medal from the Russians' perspective. They are probably relieved they won't get whipped after the game.

Makarov looked eerily like Nabokov in the second and third, he absorbed a lot of shots and had this goofy smile on his face in between plays. There's something about him that I like, but I can't put my finger on it. I am looking forward to the future to see where all of these players end up in the big leagues.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#2715 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

Glad everyone is seeing the Murphy I've been seeing for the entire tourny. This kid is awful defensively - remember the play at the blue line in the 3rd, where he was skating backwards and just left the puck for the Rusky forward... how did this guy make the team?

Broissot who didn't have a goal against in his showing for team Canada, stopping 37/37 shots faced, doesn't even make the team. Corrado, a guy who can be relied upon defensively, showcased 3 goals in pre tourny and Subway challenge games. BUT I suppose we will just play the highest draft picks... and finish 4th.

Brossoit played last year ... and sucked ... and he played in the Subway Super Series ... and sucked in Victoria.

#2716 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

"Tell us how you feel right now."

Errr, star reporting there, TSN -_-
Posted Image

#2717 Please Call 911

Please Call 911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

Murhpy had a terrible game defensively but we would not have been in OT without him either, so before you get on his case, remember that he had 1G 2A. Where would we be without that? Not in OT, that's for sure.

What Canada should have done is benched him in OT, it's too important of a time to have someone on the ice that would be coughing the puck up left and right. Put him back on if we got another PP.

Posted Image

Please Call 911

Thanks Mash!

#2718 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

sad day, but sooner or later the medal streak had to end. suffice to say, it'll stay a record for many years to come. as bob mack. suggested, canada needs to develop better goaltending. i am not putting the blame on goalies alone as the defense wasn't that great either.

Edited by мцт вяздк чф, 05 January 2013 - 05:14 AM.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#2719 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

Brossoit played last year ... and sucked ... and he played in the Subway Super Series ... and sucked in Victoria.

I guess you have to suck to make it to the Memorial Cup.

Playoff Stats last year

16 Wins 4 Losses
.933 Sv%
2.04GAA

Just shut up man.

Edited by Mustapha, 05 January 2013 - 05:01 AM.

Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#2720 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Just because everyone's in here, im gonna post something about The Hobbit that is irrelevant to hockey but will completely blow your mind.

Spoiler

Edited by Django, 05 January 2013 - 05:00 AM.

Posted Image

#2721 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

You suck at spoilers

#2722 Please Call 911

Please Call 911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

I guess you have to suck to make it to the Memorial Cup.

Well thats what you and everyone on this forum seems to be saying eh? I see tons of posts bashing Binnington, he made it to the Mem Cup to right?

Posted Image

Please Call 911

Thanks Mash!

#2723 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

"Tell us how you feel right now."

Errr, star reporting there, TSN -_-

It could have been worse ...

"You just let the entire country down and your team will go down as the worst team Canada has iced in this tournament in well over a decade. How do you feel right now, especially knowing that your friends, family, and the rest of your countrymen and countrywomen don't have their favourite NHL teams to turn to, to have been apart of this crushing disappointment and national disgrace?"

I kid, of course.

Edited by n00bxQb, 05 January 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#2724 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,603 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Did anyone else see the two giveaways Murphy made in the final ten minutes? I did. I said to myself I'd bench the kid because he looks like a liability. It's just one of those feelings -- when you know something is going to go wrong.

True story. Not just saying that either since he ultimately made another gaff and cost us.

Great move by the Russian player, sure, but would that have happened if it was Harrington? Doubtful.
Posted Image

#2725 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

You suck at spoilers

Blame the EA Servers on that one

Posted Image

#2726 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

Well thats what you and everyone on this forum seems to be saying eh? I see tons of posts bashing Binnington, he made it to the Mem Cup to right?

Actually I wanted Brossoit to make the team instead of Binnington, but oh well.

While Binnington got lit up tonight, Brossoit had already posted a 45 save shutout for Edmonton. Ooops.
Posted Image

#2727 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

What can you do.. Spott has a hard-on for his prized junior player.

Terrible coach that looks like he's about to cry every time the cameras on him.

#2728 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,603 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

Anyway, outstanding team work and chemistry will always trump a stacked team that consists of several legitimately NHL read kids. And that was the case with this team.
Posted Image

#2729 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

Anyway, outstanding team work and chemistry will always trump a stacked team that consists of several legitimately NHL read kids. And that was the case with this team.

I wouldnt even say Russia had "chemistry."

They just had more speed and more reason to win the game.

Posted Image

#2730 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

I really think that Boone Jenner will seriously injure someone one day.

I know he walks the line with his play, but he can get really dirty sometimes, he better watch it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.