The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

Jesus, this Subban hate is ridiculous. With the exception of one game I felt Malcolm Subban played amazing, at times his defense was non existant but he made many great saves and was solid when needed. Typical of Vancouver fans to bash a goalie playing flawless and blaming everything on him, just look at what we did to Luongo.

True that he had a brutal tournament but I'm betting no one feels worst than him right now. Anyways, he still has a couple years to develop, it's not the end of the world for him.

Hope Corrado keeps developing into a good player of course, but continuously bringing him up is pointless. What's done is done.

Jesus, this Subban hate is ridiculous. With the exception of one game I felt Malcolm Subban played amazing, at times his defense was non existant but he made many great saves and was solid when needed. Typical of Vancouver fans to bash a goalie playing flawless and blaming everything on him, just look at what we did to Luongo.

But it's the Corrado curse!

Murphy has great offensive upside, it's almost pretty ridiculous how good his offensive game is. But he's just so damn bad defensively and his hockey sense is so limited. He'll become a solid PPQB no doubt about it, but he'll probably be a defensive liability for a looong time.

Yeah, Subban was solid.

He wasn't that good against the US, but he was left out to dry. We all know this forum hates any starting goaltender who represents our team or our country. The backup is always better ... unless the backup sucks, in which case the #3 is better ...

Corrado wouldn't have help, so stop whining about him not making the team.

It's safe to say that this team wasn't prepared to play on the bigger ice surface at all. Countless defensive breakdowns, bad outlet passes from the dmen, horrible neutral zone coverage, etc. I don't necessary think this team is the worst team we've ever ice. If this was played on NA ice I'm pretty confidant that it would have been a different tournament for Team Canada.

Glad everyone is seeing the Murphy I've been seeing for the entire tourny. This kid is awful defensively - remember the play at the blue line in the 3rd, where he was skating backwards and just left the puck for the Rusky forward... how did this guy make the team?

Broissot who didn't have a goal against in his showing for team Canada, stopping 37/37 shots faced, doesn't even make the team. Corrado, a guy who can be relied upon defensively, showcased 3 goals in pre tourny and Subway challenge games. BUT I suppose we will just play the highest draft picks... and finish 4th.

Glad everyone is seeing the Murphy I've been seeing for the entire tourny. This kid is awful defensively - remember the play at the blue line in the 3rd, where he was skating backwards and just left the puck for the Rusky forward... how did this guy make the team?

Broissot who didn't have a goal against in his showing for team Canada, stopping 37/37 shots faced, doesn't even make the team. Corrado, a guy who can be relied upon defensively, showcased 3 goals in pre tourny and Subway challenge games. BUT I suppose we will just play the highest draft picks... and finish 4th.

Murhpy had a terrible game defensively but we would not have been in OT without him either, so before you get on his case, remember that he had 1G 2A. Where would we be without that? Not in OT, that's for sure.

What Canada should have done is benched him in OT, it's too important of a time to have someone on the ice that would be coughing the puck up left and right. Put him back on if we got another PP.

Just because everyone's in here, im gonna post something about The Hobbit that is irrelevant to hockey but will completely blow your mind.

How did the eagles carry the Dwarves/Bilbo/Gandalf at the end if Bilbo had the ring? Isn't it impossible for the Eagles to carry the ring, since it's so evil? This completely shatters the point that they couldn't simply hop onto the eagles and fly into Mordor and dropped the ring.

Archived