The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

Lol. Don't let Ryan Murphy fool you. The reason he has 'so much offensive upside' because more than any defender out there or in recent draft history, he neglects like ALL defensive play. It is entirely the reason he has offensive upside. Because there is no redeeming defensive qualities to him. He looks more like a bad defensive forward trying to backcheck. On that last goal he pulled like a Raymond just letting the guy more or less skate by.

I don't even think 'bad' begins to describe Murphy defensively this tournament. It was less than that. I have never seen a defender, let alone even a forward, have so many costly turnovers and bad defensive habits. And he's a frigging defender.

Honestly I think he defensive game is overrated.

He doesn't block shots, doesn't hit, isn't gritty, he turns the puck over alot, all he has is speed, he uses his speed to cover the point quickly and force the defender to make quick descisions, other than that I don't think his defensive game is as good as many people think.

He does block shots he also uses that speed to back check as well as being a pretty good player on the PK. You dont get on Mr Gants PK unless you are a resposible player. Murpy on the other hand tried to play like forward and forgot what position he plays with what seems like the green light from his coatch. Over all the the team defence looked like a fire drill and the forwards were not much better in their defensive coverage.

Wow the officiating in that last few minutes was brutal.

The refs missed a few clear holding calls on the States IMO, oh well congrats to the States, When I heard Jones make that comment about them being the best team & once I heard all the criticism he was taking for it, I kinda got a weird feeling that they would end up winning it, then after the 1st period against us I knew they would win. Well deserved they played great.

And Gibson is easily the MVP of the tournament, Anaheim has got a keeper there.

Hate to see the loss but it does = one thing, redemption for Frankie Corrado.

Perhaps if this team hadn't been chosen on paper before the tryouts even happened (based on where players were drafted, politics) vs. who was playing the best in the CHL, Canada would have had a better result.

Oh well...perhaps team Cda will learn - pretty embarrasing not to be in the medal group when you have 4-5 guys on your team with NHL experience

What an awesome tournament for USA Hockey, we are the best when we play our game based on speed and skill. We absolutely dominated it and no valid excuses from Canada this time about not having the best players or fluke goals.

Note to Canada: next time you guys play in Europe bring some speed and skill and leave the goon show at home.

BTW Canada congrats on the 4th place finish you guys earned it. :)

Hate to see the loss but it does = one thing, redemption for Frankie Corrado.

Perhaps if this team hadn't been chosen on paper before the tryouts even happened (based on where players were drafted, politics) vs. who was playing the best in the CHL, Canada would have had a better result.

Oh well...perhaps team Cda will learn - pretty embarrasing not to be in the medal group when you have 4-5 guys on your team with NHL experience

Archived