The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships

AriGold

Yeah or else they will kill us, we are lucky the momentum of the game changed the way it did for us (And that Nagy got rattled) Cause the Slovaks played well and were the better team for the 1st period.

Teams like USA and Russia with more high end skill would be able to keep there foot on the gas there and end us.

First half of the game seemed like a good wake up call, up until that point they clearly weren't fully focused even against Germany. If Canada had been able to coast through this game it might have set us up for failure later on. Clearly they did wake up and played a whole lot better as the game went on. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so hopefully a little bit of adversity will keep them from getting too cocky and they'll take their focus into the big games coming up.

IMO, this is an absolutely gorgeous hit. Terrible to see Luza get hurt and I hope he is okay, but an injury can occur on a clean play. This is an example.

It was not charging, he glided into the hit and he stayed on his feet.

Lipons hit was dirty. Jenners hit was dirty. Camaras hit was not dirty.

Seems like this hit turned the tide in Canada's favour though, despite allowing a goal on the PK, they really picked up their game after this. However, we are not looking good. It really looks like we will be in tough against Russia and the USA.

For Slovakia I really liked Marko Dano's game, he's good offensively and brings grit, goes to the tough areas. I would to see us get this guy in the draft.

I also kinda like Tomas Rusina, he is a good skater and a good passer. He can get caught puck watching but much like the German guy he just needs more focus and to be more aggresive, notheless I like his a game, he's a solid puck mover.

There are some other (Reway, Mikus, Luza) but those two particularly.

While Subban hasn't played poorly per se, at this point I have little confidence in him to make the "big save" if need be. He seems to be fighting off rather harmless shots, and it really looks like every shot on net could get through.

When it comes time for us to play the US and Russia, I have a bad feeling that he won't be able to stand tall when needed, and although that doesn't mean I think he will play badly, it's just I don't think he will be able to steal a game for us, and the way the rest of the team has played so far, I think we may need to have our goalies steal a game or two in order for us to take Gold.

At this point I would like to see Binnington get a start, just to see if he can replicate his play against Finland.

Am I the only one who has really liked Yarullin's game?

We should look at drafting or signing the guy he reminds me alot of James Wisniewski.

I also like Mironov, he is solid defensively and skates well, also plays the PP.

Both of them play in the KHL, so they are already getting high level experience. Wonder if they would consider coming to NA.

Am I the only one who has really liked Yarullin's game?

We should look at drafting or signing the guy he reminds me alot of James Wisniewski.

I also like Mironov, he is solid defensively and skates well, also plays the PP.

Both of them play in the KHL, so they are already getting high level experience. Wonder if they would consider coming to NA.

Archived