Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Official GDT] Chicago Wolves vs. Milwaukee Admirals (Nov. 24th)

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#151 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

just tuned in for the shootout lol. nice snipe by kass

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#152 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,233 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Another game with 3+ goals allowed....

Yep, that's something the team has to work on, not just the goaltender.

But, I guess Canucks fans will always blame the goaltender for losses. It's just easier.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#153 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Too bad about the loss but a good game regardless. That game was NHL speed, something i've been missing. Lack was shaky tonight, Joslin is brutal.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#154 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Ah dang that's a tough loss.. Was hoping for a few more rounds of SO with a Wolves win. Good game nonetheless.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#155 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,417 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Maybe it's because I'm watching more junior hockey, but was that not a real boring 6 goal game?

Joslin is just scary in a bad way on defense. Is Connauton trying too hard? He seems he was better when he kept the game simple.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#156 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Thought Connauton had a strong defensive game tonight. Wonder if some of Joslins issues are cause he's playing on his offside.

Hope Pinners Ok. Hope it's not issues with his shoulder.

#157 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Thought Connauton had a strong defensive game tonight. Wonder if some of Joslins issues are cause he's playing on his offside. Hope Pinners Ok. Hope it's not issues with his shoulder.

The lack of puck control and the plays that Joslin tried tonight were abysmal.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#158 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,845 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Yep, that's something the team has to work on, not just the goaltender.

But, I guess Canucks fans will always blame the goaltender for losses. It's just easier.

Are you not a Canucks fan?
Posted Image

#159 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Ps kass is invisible

that is what you gotta love about an impact power forward he was "invisible" and had a goal, an assist, and a shootout goal.

#160 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Any highlights?

#161 pibroch

pibroch

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Any highlights?

AHL.com-AHL Live-Free Highlights-Keep on refreshing until they show up.

#162 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

AHL.com-AHL Live-Free Highlights-Keep on refreshing until they show up.

Thx

#163 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

Kassian and Schroeder looked good tonight. I didn't think Tanev looked that good though. Looks like he has regressed this season abit.

#164 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,293 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Kassian looks like he's hungry out there, it's good to see. Schroeder also was very good, nice speed. Joslin and Sterling were absolutely terrible in my opinion. Wouldn't blame this game on Lack at all, he was great in shootout.

Posted Image

#165 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

Tough to see them give up a goal so soon after they scored to make it 3-2... gotta work on their defensive play guys. You can see why Lack's stats haven't been too great this year.

I love how Joslin waits until he's in trouble THEN decides to pass it. Like, dude, make the pass when it's available. Don't wait until half the team is checking you to try to move it. No wonder Carolina bought him out.

Was gonna say this, but you took those words right outta my mouth ya thief! :P

AV + Rome, Arniel + Joslin

Rome was actually good though when he played more minutes... Joslin on the other hand?

Hopefully Pinner's okay and it was just a precaution to hold him out. Wolves need his grit out there.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#166 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

How has Sweatt been lately? Haven't heard much about him
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#167 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,233 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

How has Sweatt been lately? Haven't heard much about him

He's MIA right now. It's a shame, cause he's got great wheels, and isn't afraid to go to the net.

He's is getting chances here and there, he's just not converting. He has also been on the fourth line the last few games, which is why you don't hear about him as much.

Posted Image

#168 Chronic.Canucks.Fan

Chronic.Canucks.Fan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Highlights from last night:

Posted by Chronic.Canucks.Fan on 01 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

The one name on that list that stood out to me was David Clarkson. He's following up last year's breakout campaign with another solid showing and if he's not intent on re-signing in NJ he'll be a highly sought after free agent. He's 28, he hits and fights as well as any, SCORES, and is just getting into the prime of his career. If it meant losing Higgins and Raymond, I would gladly throw 4+ million his way. Whether he'd want to play here, though, is an entirely different matter. 
.... Self imposed eating of crow. Thank god he's the Leafs' problem.

#169 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Kassian and Schroeder looked good tonight. I didn't think Tanev looked that good though. Looks like he has regressed this season abit.

Except the fact that he never had a turnover, and had a fantastic chance to score.

Sometimes - I don't know if people watch the same game.
Posted Image

#170 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

I honestly don't even want the lockout to end this year. I'm having way more fun following the Wolves.

And it's pretty awesome for both Schroeder and Kassian, hoping they get around 70 points each this season. A full season in the Ahl as offensively depended upon players could do wonders for them.

#171 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

I honestly don't even want the lockout to end this year. I'm having way more fun following the Wolves.

And it's pretty awesome for both Schroeder and Kassian, hoping they get around 70 points each this season. A full season in the Ahl as offensively depended upon players could do wonders for them.

Ya same here, I'm having a lot of fun watching the Wolves. Last night was FAST, probably the fastest tempo I've seen in the AHL, it was really entertaining.

70 each is a bit of a stretch but I like the optimism. Schroeder should eclipse his high of 44 pts, Kassian should be in the 60 pt range. I was frustrated when Garrett said Kass was disinterested, when you look at him coming back from suspension, his minutes were limited and 2 no goals were called on him in that period, so he has been relatively consistent in spit of the refs bias against him.

Tanev seems to keep getting better, and with 7 points already it seems he's added an offensive aspect to his game. I'd like to see Connauton pick it up a bit. For a career AHLer Sterling has really impressed me, he's like the St.Louis of the AHL. Sterling had 55 goals in his rookie season, not sure why he hasn't had a sniff at the NHL.

Next game Wednesday.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#172 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Gotta agree, these Wolves games are really entertaining!

Too bad Sportsnet can't broadcast more of them. I wish they would just cancel the whole season already so they can show more AHL and european games.

#173 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Matheson had one terrible giveaway but actually played a great game besides that one moment. Tanev was amazing and tonight was really a night of the unsung heroes.

Posted Image

#174 CmdrAdama

CmdrAdama

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Okay, I know this post is WAY late, but I was working last night, and had to PVR the game. I thought, for the most part, the team is getting a little more consistent. Certainly seemed to be gelling, compared to the 2nd Heat game, last month. Kassian's goal was a thing of beauty! The speed in which the pass turned into a goal, sure surprised Hellberg! lol. Was a little confused with the set up to the shoot-out, but got over that quick enough.
To answer the person asking about Sweatt, he seems to be good on the PK; positioning is sound, able to clear the puck well. I just wish they'd start converting more on the PP.
Sorry if this seems disjointed. That was only the 2nd AHL game I've watched. I really want more of it! Either the NHL figures things out before Christmas, or Sportsnet and TSN had better get a deal made with the A...

#175 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

The Wolves need to learn to up their intensity levels. The trouble is I don't think they can because there are so many new faces.

Individually Tanev often looks lost, Connauton needs to use his size more, and as far as Lack goes I just feel he leaves too many holes due to his lanky build. The defence isn't helping.

Haydar is a shadow of the player he was last season and 2/3 of the the rest just don't look up to the job. I like bits of Longpre, Sterling and both Millar and Gordon look like they are trying to get stuck in.

The defence just doesn't seem to be together as a unit though and that is hurting the rest of the team.
Kevin.jpg

#176 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Dare I say lack sucks this year

#177 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,206 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

lack's been hot and cold, but the team in front of him has been under-performing, especially defensively.

#178 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,233 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Dare I say lack sucks this year

He hasn't been great. But at the same time this team's D has been below average at best.

I just hope he's not regressing and that it's just a slow start for him.

Edited by DeNiro, 26 November 2012 - 02:52 PM.

Posted Image

#179 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

So any word on what happened to Pinner? I re-watched the 2nd period, but couldn't find any indication as to what happened.

Also, really like Mallet. I'd like to see him away from Miller who seemed to kill every offensive chance Mallet gave him.

#180 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Ya same here, I'm having a lot of fun watching the Wolves. Last night was FAST, probably the fastest tempo I've seen in the AHL, it was really entertaining.

70 each is a bit of a stretch but I like the optimism. Schroeder should eclipse his high of 44 pts, Kassian should be in the 60 pt range. I was frustrated when Garrett said Kass was disinterested, when you look at him coming back from suspension, his minutes were limited and 2 no goals were called on him in that period, so he has been relatively consistent in spit of the refs bias against him.

Tanev seems to keep getting better, and with 7 points already it seems he's added an offensive aspect to his game. I'd like to see Connauton pick it up a bit. For a career AHLer Sterling has really impressed me, he's like the St.Louis of the AHL. Sterling had 55 goals in his rookie season, not sure why he hasn't had a sniff at the NHL.

Next game Wednesday.

Kassian was on pace for around 70 points in the Ahl last season (26 in 30 in believe) so I don't think it's too hopeful to expect 70 out of him this year. Maybe 70 is overly optimistic for Schroeder but if he's ever gonna be a top six NHL player that is where I'd like to see him at in his third full AHL season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.