The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A message to Mr.Aquilini, Mr. Bettman and Mr.Fehr

tylernorton

Dear Folks

Don and Gary, I Want to thank you for your commitment to providing the NHL the best possible enviroment to acheive success. Frank, I believe your support is the back bone to the Canucks latest success. You have also demonstrated you have a kind heart, by frequently donating significant amounts of money to charities. You are all hero 's in many ways.

I have been a fan of the Vancouver Canucks since 1989. I have spent much tiime and money supporting your club too! I watch every game through my PVR on Center ICE. I attend at least one game a year, which is pretyt significant considerating that i live in Fort McMurray Alberta. You should also know that i promote hockey socially at least 5 times a week. I love the Vancouver Canucks,

But gentlemen, I do not support this NHL lockout. I am tired of it and want my hockey back. I will do almost anything to get it back. Which is why I regretfully inform you I have joined a petition which encourages fans to stop all suport of NHL hockey for 3 years if the lockout is not resolved by Dec 25,2012. Frank I want you to know I have been promoting this petiton through facebook and twitter. I have also sent many messages to news broacasters and sports columnists, asking them to broadcast this message as well.

Here is a link to the petition.

http://www.change.org/petitions/n-h-l-and-n-h-l-p-a-end-the-lockout-by-xmas-or-you-won-t-see-my-money-for-the-next-3-years#

Please be my hero and bring hockey back.

Sincerley

Tyler Norton (Die Hard Fan)

Ugh. I really want to say something mean but I'm not going to.

This isn't going to change anything. Fans aren't going to dictate when the lockout ends. They clearly don't care about the fans. If they cared we would have watched the Canucks kick the crap out of the Habs tonight. Petitions aren't going to do anything. We have NO power to end this lockout. None. Zero. We just get to stand by and watch as the game we love gets destroyed.

Ugh. I really want to say something mean but I'm not going to.

This isn't going to change anything. Fans aren't going to dictate when the lockout ends. They clearly don't care about the fans. If they cared we would have watched the Canucks kick the crap out of the Habs tonight. Petitions aren't going to do anything. We have NO power to end this lockout. None. Zero. We just get to stand by and watch as the game we love gets destroyed.

If you believe this why do you even post here discouraging others to not sign the petition.? If there was even any chance at all this might help end the lockout, why would you discourage this movement? if this petition only helped bring the lockout more negative spotlight in the media, could this not potentially help? We are the fans, we are the ones who pays the bills. the fans give 2.27 billion a year to them, and  there is 21,000,000 million fans Do the math, that equates to $108 dollar per fan per year, If we can get 10000 people to sign this petition that 3million dollars of money not going to the nhl. I think if we can get a significant amount of people signing this the media will definetly cover this. If you support hockey support this

None of you know that this wont affect the outcome of the lockout, and just because your to narrow minded to try says a lot about your persons. you can't even take the time to try and help end the lockout, it's because of fans like you that this pettition wont take hold. The only way us fans can have a voice is with our money, I signed the pettition and plan on keeping my word and not supporting the NHL or any of its knowen affiliates.

Thanks Tyler Norton, I'm trying to spread word about the pettition.

What everyone, including Bettman and Fehr, are forgetting is that hockey is entertainment. What good is a rock concert if no one shows up? What good is a soccer game if there are no fans?

We fans do have a say. We need to collectively band together and refuse to support the NHL form of entertainment when it does eventually come back looking for our money.

The $3.3 Billion HRR these clowns refer to comes from our pockets. I, for one, have closed my wallet for the next 2 years. Not 3 because I do enjoy the "entertainment" and I want it back. However, I do want to send a message to these clowns that what they are doing is not acceptable.

I blame the owners for offering ridiculous contracts and then locking out the players because they don't want to honour those contracts and I blame the millionaire players for asking so much for us to watch them ply their skills.

Mostly, though, I blame the fan for being such fools as to pay the exhorbitant cost of supporting this entertainment. $3.3 Billion dollars could build a lot of schools, hospitals and feed a lot of homeless people.

Dear Folks

Don and Gary, I Want to thank you for your commitment to providing the NHL the best possible enviroment to acheive success. Frank, I believe your support is the back bone to the Canucks latest success. You have also demonstrated you have a kind heart, by frequently donating significant amounts of money to charities. You are all hero 's in many ways.

I have been a fan of the Vancouver Canucks since 1989. I have spent much tiime and money supporting your club too!

Yesterday David Braley (owner of both the BC Lions and the Toronto Argonauts) was on The Sport Market. I urge owners to adopt his philosophy and keep in mind WHO you're playing for, not just what you're playing for (the cup and, ultimately, $$).

He has it right.

He stated that he is simply the "team(s) custodian for the fans"....that it's the fans' team and, without them, there is no team. That you have to satisfy them, first and foremost, and if you fail to do so you'll eventually just fail (or, at least, falter).

Through this thinking and focus on the fans first, he has managed to have one of the most successful Lions' teams (ever). He also had the very near scenario of having BOTH of his teams battling for the Grey Cup this year. The Grey Cup is a celebration of the fans, as evident in the various jerseys on display despite the contenders. I know the CFL is at a much lesser place than the NHL, but the fan first focus is driving the league to be a success and a positive thing. The NHL is simply driving fans away and it's a very negative atmosphere that means some likely won't be back. Remember - this is a business based on people showing up, so you want to nurture that in the process of negotiating. Who's negotiating with/for the fans? The ones who show up through the good times and bad, yet are quickly forgotten?

I'm not very helpful in this, as I am not prepared to abandon the game that I love and that's what it would take here - for numbers not to show up. But the pain slowly fades and the absence of hockey is feeling more and more normal - that's not a good thing to the league.

The mentality in this (and other) leagues has lost focus and it's no longer about putting a reliable product out there for the fans to enjoy, it's about greed. And now, there is no product so who wins in that? This shaky footing that the league risks is SO unnecessary and just because two sides are given the luxury of negotiating a contract, it's a weapon that can also see the pin drop out and it self destructs. Use it wisely and don't forget that it's but one avenue in "taking care of business". Taking care of the fans is also a really important aspect in that.

The fans have lost .

However, the fans do not control the league UNLESS they band together and refuse to see the games. In theory we put on a good face and try to boycott, but we love hockey so much it never lasts . We will be back The last lockout not only failed to lose fans, we ended up BOOMING in revenue.

So the owners and union do not fear permanent loss due to lock out. They fear the immediate loss in dollars . Unfortunately for the union, they dont OWN anything and thus have no leverage.

The only small bit of leverage the union has is the temp loss the owners suffer with no hockey until the union returns or the players are replaced.

And on this occasion, the union brought in a hired gun from the outside to BULLY the owners, causing them to dig in and take any losses necessary. The few owners that make money can afford to sit out 10 years or more. They will lose money but they are rich enough they are willing to get what they want in the end.

The union has 90% of their players making salaries that do NOT get affected by new CBAs or salary caps. The top 10% of players are using Fehr to FIGHT on their behalf . Unfortunately, they have a biological clock , and the owners locking them out screws them in a far more devastating way than the owners are screwed.

So in the end , the owners have all power and the union should have just have accepted what was best for the game. 50% , 5 years max contracts, age 28 UFA , and easier waivers to keep players.

They did NOT need Fehr to accomplsih this. They wanted to be GREEDY and keep all their 2005 CBA rights.

Owners put their foot down and said no. Forget it . Wont happen.

What does the union expect to do now? Whine and pout? They are dead in the water. Fire Fehr and give it up. Live to fight another day on the next cba.

If you believe this why do you even post here discouraging others to not sign the petition.? If there was even any chance at all this might help end the lockout, why would you discourage this movement? if this petition only helped bring the lockout more negative spotlight in the media, could this not potentially help? We are the fans, we are the ones who pays the bills. the fans give 2.27 billion a year to them, and there is

21,000,000 million fans Do the math, that equates to $108 dollar per fan per year, If we can get 10000 people to sign this petition that 3million dollars of money not going to the nhl. I think if we can get a significant amount of people signing this the media will definetly cover this. If you support hockey support this

If you believe this why do you even post here discouraging others to not sign the petition.? If there was even any chance at all this might help end the lockout, why would you discourage this movement? if this petition only helped bring the lockout more negative spotlight in the media, could this not potentially help? We are the fans, we are the ones who pays the bills. the fans give 2.27 billion a year to them, and there is 21,000,000 million fans Do the math, that equates to $108 dollar per fan per year, If we can get 10000 people to sign this petition that 3million dollars of money not going to the nhl. I think if we can get a significant amount of people signing this the media will definetly cover this. If you support hockey support this

The fans have lost .

However, the fans do not control the league UNLESS they band together and refuse to see the games. In theory we put on a good face and try to boycott, but we love hockey so much it never lasts . We will be back The last lockout not only failed to lose fans, we ended up BOOMING in revenue.

So the owners and union do not fear permanent loss due to lock out. They fear the immediate loss in dollars . Unfortunately for the union, they dont OWN anything and thus have no leverage.

The only small bit of leverage the union has is the temp loss the owners suffer with no hockey until the union returns or the players are replaced.

And on this occasion, the union brought in a hired gun from the outside to BULLY the owners, causing them to dig in and take any losses necessary. The few owners that make money can afford to sit out 10 years or more. They will lose money but they are rich enough they are willing to get what they want in the end.

The union has 90% of their players making salaries that do NOT get affected by new CBAs or salary caps. The top 10% of players are using Fehr to FIGHT on their behalf . Unfortunately, they have a biological clock , and the owners locking them out screws them in a far more devastating way than the owners are screwed.

So in the end , the owners have all power and the union should have just have accepted what was best for the game. 50% , 5 years max contracts, age 28 UFA , and easier waivers to keep players.

They did NOT need Fehr to accomplsih this. They wanted to be GREEDY and keep all their 2005 CBA rights.

Owners put their foot down and said no. Forget it . Wont happen.

What does the union expect to do now? Whine and pout? They are dead in the water. Fire Fehr and give it up. Live to fight another day on the next cba.

Archived