Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

A message to Mr.Aquilini, Mr. Bettman and Mr.Fehr

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#31 crosbyheadshot

crosbyheadshot

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Here's my message... *frack YOU ALL* I NEED hockey now

#32 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

I do miss hockey but really i find the whole process amusing. It seems to be setting up just like the last one and i bet the players end up with nothing better than if they had just hammered out a deal in late October. Not like the offer is going to get better as they go along...

#33 Max-a-Million

Max-a-Million

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Now we have an unbinding arbitrator? Like Fehr and Bettman would take advice from anyone!

Just cancel the season already. A shortened version of the NHL will leave me feeling cheated and, even if the Canucks could somehow take the Stanley in a shortened season, the rest of the league would cry foul so it would seem to be somewhat empty.

These clowns really need to go. I'm not sure what Fehr is getting paid but Bettman at over 7 million is just a crying shame. Oh well, none of the money that supports them will come from my wallet. I'm fed up with this farce of a league. Talk about a bush league.

Edited by Max-a-Million, 27 November 2012 - 10:37 AM.

I spend half my money on Wine, Women and Song.
The other half I waste!

#34 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

If people stopped going to the games and buying NHL merchandise, they would start to "care" about the fans. NHL is a business and in business customer satisfaction is an important aspect to success.

You have to understand that going to games and buying merchandise is only a part of the big picture. If you watch a game on TV, the NHL makes money of you, if you watch sprotsnet to see the highlights, the NHL makes money of you, if you read a newspaper to see the standings, the NHL makes money of you, if you log on this site, the NHL makes money of you. Stopping all support has to mean totally ignoring the game. Who is signing on? Really, you liars!

#35 canucklehead420p

canucklehead420p

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

If your not part of the solution then your part of the problem

Good work starting a petition

Fires usually dont start themselves.

Im part of the problem however because im waiting for the season to start
cash in hand ready to park my rear end in my bigger fatter more expensive Club seat as im sure most people who say they will not be going to the games will pick up the phone when i call them ~~~~ RING RING ~~ HELLO ~~ WANNA GO TO THE CANUCKS GAME ~~~~~ UMMM YES ~~~
Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 billabong

billabong

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

if u really wanna send a message....hire the joker

Posted Image

#37 VegasCanuck

VegasCanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

The only way anything happens is if fans actually act together and refuse to attend games until Bettman is fired.

#38 Max-a-Million

Max-a-Million

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

You have to understand that going to games and buying merchandise is only a part of the big picture. If you watch a game on TV, the NHL makes money of you, if you watch sprotsnet to see the highlights, the NHL makes money of you, if you read a newspaper to see the standings, the NHL makes money of you, if you log on this site, the NHL makes money of you. Stopping all support has to mean totally ignoring the game. Who is signing on? Really, you liars!

Not true. If you support the sponsoer, yes, but watching a tv show or reading a newspaper you don't pay for is not support. Logging onto this site does not cost money directly and does not support the NHL. Buying sportswear, yes but picking up a Canucks jersey on Ebay is not supporting them, they already were supported when it was first bought. Be clear on your comments.

I spend half my money on Wine, Women and Song.
The other half I waste!

#39 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

The fans have lost .

However, the fans do not control the league UNLESS they band together and refuse to see the games. In theory we put on a good face and try to boycott, but we love hockey so much it never lasts . We will be back The last lockout not only failed to lose fans, we ended up BOOMING in revenue.

So the owners and union do not fear permanent loss due to lock out. They fear the immediate loss in dollars . Unfortunately for the union, they dont OWN anything and thus have no leverage.

The only small bit of leverage the union has is the temp loss the owners suffer with no hockey until the union returns or the players are replaced.

And on this occasion, the union brought in a hired gun from the outside to BULLY the owners, causing them to dig in and take any losses necessary. The few owners that make money can afford to sit out 10 years or more. They will lose money but they are rich enough they are willing to get what they want in the end.

The union has 90% of their players making salaries that do NOT get affected by new CBAs or salary caps. The top 10% of players are using Fehr to FIGHT on their behalf . Unfortunately, they have a biological clock , and the owners locking them out screws them in a far more devastating way than the owners are screwed.

So in the end , the owners have all power and the union should have just have accepted what was best for the game. 50% , 5 years max contracts, age 28 UFA , and easier waivers to keep players.

They did NOT need Fehr to accomplsih this. They wanted to be GREEDY and keep all their 2005 CBA rights.

Owners put their foot down and said no. Forget it . Wont happen.

What does the union expect to do now? Whine and pout? They are dead in the water. Fire Fehr and give it up. Live to fight another day on the next cba.

That was the CBA that Bettman and the owners wanted and "needed" at the time (according to Bettman). Now they have decided they dont like it and they "need" something else. If the NHLPA caves in again this process will most likely keep repeating itself everytime the CBA expires, and the players will just have to bend over and let Gary give it to 'em every time? I hope not.

#40 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

If you believe this why do you even post here discouraging others to not sign the petition.? If there was even any chance at all this might help end the lockout, why would you discourage this movement? if this petition only helped bring the lockout more negative spotlight in the media, could this not potentially help? We are the fans, we are the ones who pays the bills. the fans give 2.27 billion a year to them, and there is 21,000,000 million fans Do the math, that equates to $108 dollar per fan per year, If we can get 10000 people to sign this petition that 3million dollars of money not going to the nhl. I think if we can get a significant amount of people signing this the media will definetly cover this. If you support hockey support this

There are literally hundreds of these on the internet. HUNDREDS. What makes this different from all the other ones? Nothing. It's the same thing. A few hundred people will sign it, maybe a thousand but that is as far as it is going to go. Even if 10,000 people sign it, it won't change anything. The only way a petition will work is if we somehow unite ALL the fans and get them to sign one petition. That would send a message. But that is impossible.

The ONLY way for us, the fans, to get through to the owners and players is to follow through on our threats. When it comes back we need to have empty arenas and no one even touching anything that has anything to do with hockey. But we won't. If you're like me you LOVE hockey. The moment it comes back I will be glued to the TV watching it. I really don't have a choice, I love it too much. I've decided to take hockey in sickness and in health. This is hockey's sickness. When it's healthy again I'll be there, wearing my Naslund jersey, cheering for the Canucks and calling the refs biased a$$holes.

I guess you could say I'm part of the problem. I say we need to do these things to ultimately fix hockey, but I'm not willing to do them. I could not imagine a life without hockey for a few years. I would probably die.

Sorry for being such a pessimistic a-hole but I'm tired of kidding myself that I have any power to change this lockout. I have none.

Edited by Nas19, 30 November 2012 - 03:53 AM.

#41 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

AHL is looking pretty good right now.

Who better to be the owner's poster boy than King Rat?

The NHL owners have the perfect face for their product.

Edited by nuck nit, 02 December 2012 - 04:25 AM.

#42 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Dear Folks

Don and Gary, I Want to thank you for your commitment to providing the NHL the best possible enviroment to acheive success. Frank, I believe your support is the back bone to the Canucks latest success. You have also demonstrated you have a kind heart, by frequently donating significant amounts of money to charities. You are all hero 's in many ways.

I have been a fan of the Vancouver Canucks since 1989. I have spent much tiime and money supporting your club too! I watch every game through my PVR on Center ICE. I attend at least one game a year, which is pretyt significant considerating that i live in Fort McMurray Alberta. You should also know that i promote hockey socially at least 5 times a week. I love the Vancouver Canucks,

But gentlemen, I do not support this NHL lockout. I am tired of it and want my hockey back. I will do almost anything to get it back. Which is why I regretfully inform you I have joined a petition which encourages fans to stop all suport of NHL hockey for 3 years if the lockout is not resolved by Dec 25,2012. Frank I want you to know I have been promoting this petiton through facebook and twitter. I have also sent many messages to news broacasters and sports columnists, asking them to broadcast this message as well.

Here is a link to the petition.
http://www.change.or...e-next-3-years#

Please be my hero and bring hockey back.

Sincerley

Tyler Norton (Die Hard Fan)

The NHL and nhlpa could give a flying f*#k about us fans! Period
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.