The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What might have been: Luc Bourdon

Hamhuis2

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We all know of the tragic tale of Luc Bourdon. I remember hearing the day he passed feeling terrible. I had not known him personally, but he represented all that this city loves. So Luc, I thank you for being an inspiration to this city, for that is what you are.

This poll is to see where Canuck fans would have projected Luc in the current lineup.

RIP LB, forever a Canuck.

EDIT: Classifications for reference

Hamhuis, Edler=top-2

Bieksa,Garrison=top-4

Ballard, Tanev=top-6

Alberts, K-Conn=depth

Matheson= minor league

My memory was that he almost made the Canucks as an 18 year old; and had the massive aura that Vancouver fans hype machine can generate in terms of expectations. Played on team Canada, top ten draft pick, big shot, physical two way guy; reported to be the ultimate guy? I think an injury or something set him back, cuz I can also remember Edler, a lower pick, made the team instead of him a year, or was it two, later. Luc got some call ups and stuff, but there was concern he would live up to his high expectations?

Then the accident...

Hard to say? Maybe he was struggling with having the same speed and strength after time off or had permanent damage... Anyway, Edler had passed him and I recall he was sort of mired in "will he reach his potential?"

So lets give some benefit of the doubt, and top him in our top 4 as a right side D behind Bieksa...

Just something else to consider: if Bourdon was still around then the team may not have acquired some of the other d-men who are (or have been) here.

regards,

G.

Archived