The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Norwegian Mass Murderer Breivik Complains About Treatment

nucklehead

http://ca.news.yahoo...UgmFz_jDblmlYNd#_=_

Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik accused prison officers of trying to drive him to suicide in conditions he describes as "a mini Abu Ghraib."

Breivik wrote a 27-page letter addressed to prison officials, a copy of which was obtained by The Associated Press on Friday.

"If it wasn't for the fact that I am an exceptionally patient person, I would most likely have lost my mind in pure frustration," Breivik said in the letter dated Oct. 15 that was updated on Oct. 26 and Oct. 30. "Anyway, there are limits to what a person can take."

Breivik wrote that he is frustrated that guards do not co-operate with his carefully planned daily schedule, where he times his various activities down to the minute...

The self-confessed killer described numerous prison practices as "degrading" in his letter, including that he is watched when swallowing his vitamin pills, that he's not allowed a mop to clean his cell and that he is subjected to daily strip searches, sometimes by female prison guards.

Keeping up his personal hygiene is also a challenge, he said.

"Use of a toothbrush and electric shaver is always under supervision. One is therefore under mental pressure to finish quickly as the guards are tapping their feet outside the cell ...

Holy crap, they watch him brush his teeth AND they aren't submissive to his personal daily schedule? I can definitely understand the Abu Ghirab comparison, might as well be a concentration camp with the inhumane treatment. If I were him I'd write bad reviews for this hotel prison on Orbitz.com, they could possibly downgrade it to 3 stars if that prison gets any more inhumane.

Haha, this ^ is exactly what I was going to type.

Gee, so he can't have his own way? Damn, stamp your feet a little, maybe that'll work?

If he doesn't like people watching him, he likely should have enjoyed that privacy while living his life in a crime free fashion. Guess what?....you snipe people and you are slightly inconvenienced in that. Sorry?

Perhaps a little water boarding will make him rethink terrible treatment - atm, he should shut his yap and enjoy the privilege of brushing his teeth. Or even the fact that he still has teeth. Those subjected to "torture" are generally strapped to a fixture and anything electric is horrific, not for personal hygiene.

Some college dorms aren't that nice. He should count himself lucky he's alive at all. But if his "treatment" is driving him nuts, then it's justice. He sounds like a typical bully. Refuse to be intimidated by him he acts like a little child.

I do think society needs a separate part of law either for mass-murder or genocide. That there is life in prison with no parole, and you must work 50 hour work weeks making license plates, or machining or something. Or you get the death penalty. It's pretty clear nothing is going to make him a non-violent, productive member of society.

Not a surprise considering that although the court ruled him legally sane, he has mental disorders not rising to the level that would have excused his criminal conduct. This seems a manifestation of those mental disorders.

After a lengthy judgement last several hours, Judge Arntzen said the court considered Breivik to suffer from anti-social and "narcissistic personality characteristics" but not psychosis, as one expert team had found.

The judge said the court had failed to confirm some classic symptoms of schizophrenia, such as full paranoid delusions, hallucinations or the use of neologisms or made-up terms and phrases.

She also said the panel was not swayed by the view of Breivik himself, who had said that being committed to a psychiatric ward would be "worse than death itself" but smiled when he was sentenced to jail.

Judge Arntzen said the five-member panel had made up its own mind after hearing two contradictory reports on the mental health of Breivik, who killed 77 people in a bomb and gun rampage last year.

The judge said that the first psychologists' team had judged that, with his talk of looming civil war, the "intensity of ideas can indicate delusions".

"An alternative interpretation would be to understand his intensity as some sort of fanatical and rightwing extremist world view... with a grandiose and narcissistic personality," said Arntzen.

http://www.telegraph...found-sane.html

Perhaps a little water boarding will make him rethink terrible treatment - atm, he should shut his yap and enjoy the privilege of brushing his teeth. Or even the fact that he still has teeth. Those subjected to "torture" are generally strapped to a fixture and anything electric is horrific, not for personal hygiene.

What the hell are you saying here? That we should tourture him? Yeah, that's the kind of society I wanna live in, lets tourture all our convicts...

Seriously... He did some horrible things, and they cannot be forgiven, but the right way to go is not to physically hurt him. That'd just make things worse...

What the hell are you saying here? That we should tourture him? Yeah, that's the kind of society I wanna live in, lets tourture all our convicts...

Seriously... He did some horrible things, and they cannot be forgiven, but the right way to go is not to physically hurt him. That'd just make things worse...

Yes, sarcasm. If you actually read the article, he's suggesting that his living conditions are similar to Abu Ghraib and I was merely pointing out that how inappropriate that is in comparison. And, if you look at the pictures posted, you'd see that this narcissist is making a mockery of the term "prison sentence" and he is anything but being tortured. Christ, ask any homeless guy if he'd like to be tortured in this fashion....

Archived