The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Spengler Cup - Canada Wins!

Snake Doctor

If this hasn't been said already...

I had no idea Cory Schneider was playing in the Spengler Cup until I turned on the TV today and saw a goalie by the name of "Schneider" and the familiar blue pads. HC Ambrì-Piotta loaned him to HC Fribourg-Gottéron I guess?

If this hasn't been said already...

I had no idea Cory Schneider was playing in the Spengler Cup until I turned on the TV today and saw a goalie by the name of "Schneider" and the familiar blue pads. HC Ambrì-Piotta loaned him to HC Fribourg-Gottéron I guess?

Can someone explain to me how Cory is playing for this Swiss team when he is already dedicated to another one? Also, I understand that Thornton was playing for HC Davos since the beginning so he might not be allowed to play for Canada, but how about guys like Talbot and such?

Congrats Canada!

Nice to know something good came of the lockout for the players involved in the tournament. And it's great that those players can play together and work up some chemistry because they'll likely be team mates and maybe even linemates in World Championships and the Olympics

It was great to see them play with so much passion. I often find that our World Championship teams really lack that level of passion and care, and that is why we end up losing so often. Canada doesn't always put too much stock in international tournaments outside of the Olympics.

Archived