The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Online dating newb seeks guidance from cdc

Mainly Mattias

Nice speech. Heh heh. I've been real and honest for all of my life and sadly, it's the reason why I've been alone all these years. Sharp tongue with too much reality, too soon in life for the other person. People like it nice, light, sexy and fun. I don't have the patience for youthful idealism, selfishness or ignorance in a mate. But.. hopefully now, there are others my age who've had some suffering in their lives.

On an aside, I don't think divorces are due to airs though. People change, priorities change and people are inherently weak, narrowminded and self-serving. There are no guarantees that the other person is going to choose you when the going gets tough. Unfortunately, people don't want to think of the possibility that their marriage will fail so don't execute marriage agreements, don't put property into tenancy in common, don't keep separate bank accounts, don't create Wills that protect their family's interests, etc. Lawyers only see them when the relationship has broken down and sometimes some major damage has already occurred.

Nice speech. Heh heh. I've been real and honest for all of my life and sadly, it's the reason why I've been alone all these years. Sharp tongue with too much reality, too soon in life for the other person. People like it nice, light, sexy and fun. I don't have the patience for youthful idealism, selfishness or ignorance in a mate. But.. hopefully now, there are others my age who've had some suffering in their lives.

Well, I do appreciate your input, JR. However, that's assuming that people realize what's good for them and are attracted to people who are right for them.. I don't have that optimistic attitude towards people. lol.

Anyway, fundamentally, I do agree with you. You just catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Glad that EH worked for you though. You better remember your vehement faith in EH's ability to match when you go through difficult times in your marriage.

Archived