Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

any restrictions on suspensions?
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#32 i4i

i4i

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,794 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

Yeah, I really like it! I'm just waiting for the one episode where the person is exactly the same way as they represented themselves online :P

I didnt get to see PowerIce's post before it was deleted. Wonder what it said...

Like that's every gonna happen! :lol:

Yeah, same. Didn't get to read it either.

Posted Image

Sig made by allons-y. Concept by canuckforever00.

Thanks guys.

#33 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

any restrictions on suspensions?

*thinks about it and the likelihood* lol. i don't think it's really necessary, argon.

OK, here's a question. What's your dating age range? Younger? Older? If so, by how much?
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#34 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

the rule I've gone by for the lower limit of age is half your age plus 7. I guess for whoever your going for do that equasion for him and see if it flies?
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#35 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

the rule I've gone by for the lower limit of age is half your age plus 7. I guess for whoever your going for do that equasion for him and see if it flies?

I've always heard it was half MINUS 7

#36 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

I've always heard it was half MINUS 7

only for you D. only for you. lol
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#37 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

so young! what's the upper range..?

#38 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,048 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

so young! what's the upper range..?

I'd say +/- 5 years is fairly reasonable if you're older than 25.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

frig. found someone i know.

i'm trying not to click on the profile... but it's so tempting!!

#40 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

frig. found someone i know.

i'm trying not to click on the profile... but it's so tempting!!

That's why you create yourself a phony profile. I go under the guise of Chad Sexington, millionaire playboy.

If they profile checks out, I will send them a message with my real account.

It's science.

#41 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

That's why you create yourself a phony profile. I go under the guise of Chad Sexington, millionaire playboy.

If they profile checks out, I will send them a message with my real account.

It's science.

*looks up chad sexington*

cue GD with an "It's SCIENCE" gif.

#42 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

*looks up chad sexington*

cue GD with an "It's SCIENCE" gif.

Chad Sexington is my phony real name. There is a phony username associated as well. Chadwick B. Hungwell or something.

Edited by :D, 03 December 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#43 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Posted Image

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#44 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Now that you are putting yourself out there, be ready to actually get a date. Clean yourself up man, go to the gym, get a hair cut, and get some new clothes.

Posted Image

Edited by Snake Doctor, 03 December 2012 - 11:37 AM.

Posted Image

#45 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Chad Sexington is my phony real name. There is a phony username associated as well. Chadwick B. Hungwell or something.

lol. i must think of a good phony name as well. *rubs chin*

Posted Image

GD is ever so reliable.

#46 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Now that you are putting yourself out there, be ready to actually get a date. Clean yourself up man, go to the gym, get a hair cut, and get some new clothes.

Dammit! You mean put effort into it? They're not going to love "just as I am"?

Well, got the hair cut (looks horrid), drove past the gym, just took a shower 2 days ago and I bought some shorts that were on sale which will be well used come summer. Good enough? :ph34r:

#47 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

It's a start. Try going for a walk once a day and going to a thrift store at least to get some new duds. Trust me it will help.
Posted Image

#48 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

It's a start. Try going for a walk once a day and going to a thrift store at least to get some new duds. Trust me it will help.

LOL! I was a bit sarcastic.. But thanks for the tips, SD. You're a good man.

OK, next question... Be nice and funny or just reveal my true nature right off the bat in the profile?

#49 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 17,048 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

OK, next question... Be nice and funny or just reveal my true nature right off the bat in the profile?

Like Wilbur, I ended up on EH. People seem to be looking for something more concrete and less superficial there. I figured that what I'd been doing/my preferences IRL weren't working out, so I'd see what they could do for me. They get a pretty in depth view of your personality/preferences which, so long as you and your matches are HONEST, means that pretty much everyone you get matched with should mesh with your personality. They also give you a pretty good volume of matches which even lets you be a bit picky,..lol. Now that doesn't mean that if you get matched with 150 people that they'll all be soul mates. It's still up to both of you to have/build chemistry, attraction and form the basis of a relationship. That doesn't just "happen". What it does do vastly is increase your odds of having that happen IMO. It allows you to narrow and streamline the field.

Be brutally honest with yourself when creating your profile though. If you don't want a smoker, say so etc. If you try to be "nice" or mask insecurities it will not give you the best results.

As for myself, I met my wife of about 1.5 years and recent mother of our twin boys on there. No regrets whatsoever :wub:

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

*bleep*

sigh.

there's being honest and there's being so honest that no one wants anything to do with you. mind you, it'll help weed down the mail. muahahahaha

#51 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 17,048 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

*bleep*

sigh.

there's being honest and there's being so honest that no one wants anything to do with you. mind you, it'll help weed down the mail. muahahahaha

No offense but....

So many people fall in to this pit of idiocy it's not even funny. If you put up this fake facade of who you think you should be/what other people want you to be, how do you ever expect to meet someone who truly meshes with YOU.

If you're being "Mr. X" and you find someone attracted to "Mr. X" but you're really "Mr. Y", how do you think that's going to turn out? Do you plan on keeping up this act indefinitely? A life long charade through dating, marriage, kids, retirement...? Or do you slowly start to go back to "Mr. Y" and hope she simply and unfairly has to adjust to the "new" you? Then when she starts to reject this unfamiliar you, do you then get to lash out at her irrationally for rejecting you?

I swear this is 90% + of divorces and couple break ups right there. People not being honest with themselves or each other.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Nice speech. Heh heh. I've been real and honest for all of my life and sadly, it's the reason why I've been alone all these years. Sharp tongue with too much reality, too soon in life for the other person. People like it nice, light, sexy and fun. I don't have the patience for youthful idealism, selfishness or ignorance in a mate. But.. hopefully now, there are others my age who've had some suffering in their lives.

On an aside, I don't think divorces are due to airs though. People change, priorities change and people are inherently weak, narrowminded and self-serving. There are no guarantees that the other person is going to choose you when the going gets tough. Unfortunately, people don't want to think of the possibility that their marriage will fail so don't execute marriage agreements, don't put property into tenancy in common, don't keep separate bank accounts, don't create Wills that protect their family's interests, etc. Lawyers only see them when the relationship has broken down and sometimes some major damage has already occurred.

#53 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Well Mainly Mattias, I'm in the same boat as you now. No girlfriend either. Let's get together and find some action.
Posted Image

#54 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Be yourself man. If you act like someone else off the get go your in for a rude awakening down the road. If she does not like your personality move on and find someone new. I have not tried speed dating but in my new situation I may try it out.
Posted Image

#55 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 17,048 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Nice speech. Heh heh. I've been real and honest for all of my life and sadly, it's the reason why I've been alone all these years. Sharp tongue with too much reality, too soon in life for the other person. People like it nice, light, sexy and fun. I don't have the patience for youthful idealism, selfishness or ignorance in a mate. But.. hopefully now, there are others my age who've had some suffering in their lives.

Maybe all those people weren't for YOU.

That's actually the beauty of things like EH. I guarantee if you're honest about who you are and what you're looking for (and your matches do the same) you'll find like-minded people. That's EXACTLY what it does and why it works IMO.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Well Mainly Mattias, I'm in the same boat as you now. No girlfriend either. Let's get together and find some action.

Sounds like you just got out of a relationship. Maybe you need some downtime? No chance for reconciliation?

Be yourself man. If you act like someone else off the get go your in for a rude awakening down the road. If she does not like your personality move on and find someone new. I have not tried speed dating but in my new situation I may try it out.

Be myself.. yeah, I'm of the opinion that people have various faces.. for different situations, people, moods...
I'll take that advice to mean, show all of your faces and don't hide them. OK, I will. I mean I won't hide them. lol.

Yeah a couple of friends of mine tried speed dating but it got expensive and they just kept seeing the same people so they stopped. Haven't tried it myself though.

Maybe all those people weren't for YOU.

That's actually the beauty of things like EH. I guarantee if you're honest about who you are and what you're looking for (and your matches do the same) you'll find like-minded people. That's EXACTLY what it does and why it works IMO.

Well, I do appreciate your input, JR. However, that's assuming that people realize what's good for them and are attracted to people who are right for them.. I don't have that optimistic attitude towards people. lol.

Anyway, fundamentally, I do agree with you. You just catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Glad that EH worked for you though. You better remember your vehement faith in EH's ability to match when you go through difficult times in your marriage.

#57 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Yup it's been a ruff go this year thats for sure. Finalized a divorce in May then started seeing someone new last month only to have her tell me she still loves her ex. I had no choice but to laugh and show her the door LOL.
Posted Image

#58 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 17,048 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Well, I do appreciate your input, JR. However, that's assuming that people realize what's good for them and are attracted to people who are right for them.. I don't have that optimistic attitude towards people. lol.

Anyway, fundamentally, I do agree with you. You just catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Glad that EH worked for you though. You better remember your vehement faith in EH's ability to match when you go through difficult times in your marriage.

I didn't use to either ;) And not to beat the dead horse... but again, that's why I personally liked EH. There seemed to be a way higher percentage of people who were genuinely interested in actually meeting someone compatible, open to looking outside their "norm" and being honest about themselves and what they were looking for. YMMV

Come on, you're not all "vinegar". No one is. Nobody is all "honey" either. You just need to find someone with your same/compatible mix of the two. It might even be someone more "honey" (opposites attracting and all that...could be your perfect counterpoint that makes a happy union). SOMEBODY out there will find you "refreshingly honest", "realistic" or something similar.

Going through difficult times right now in fact. We make sure to be open, honest, communicate with each other and be loving...and I love her more every day despite those difficulties.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Thanks guys. Sorry to hear about your respective situations too. Group hug for moral support.

Posted Image

#60 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

I think the largest obstacle to my love life at this point is PlentyOfFish not having a Blackberry app....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.